Insane crowds right now!!!!!

inluvwithbeast

I know someone from Mass who was talking about visiting down here in good ole Oklahoma for February. He was talking about timing his visit with February vacation in order to spend time with his family. I had to tell him that schools don't HAVE a February vacation down here. I didn't even realize there was such a thing. Lol.

Well, good luck with the crowds for whoever ventures into the parks this week and next!! :wave:

pixiesteno

Most of the schools in upstate NY are off for the whole week this week too. Just in time for the foot of snow we had overnight in the southwest part of the state! What I wouldn't give to see a palm tree right now!!!

Mikester71

Most of the schools in upstate NY are off for the whole week this week too. Just in time for the foot of snow we had overnight in the southwest part of the state! What I wouldn't give to see a palm tree right now!!!

I hear ya! We got hammered again last night over here in Southwestern Ontario, Canada too! And we had just finally lost all the snow on the ground thanks to the big warm up last week. :brick:

A palm tree WOULD go a long way right now! :lol:

Mikester71

Get ready for the crowds to get even MORE insane too...Canadian Spring Breaks are starting here in the next week or so! We'll be heading down in two and a half more weeks for ours and are expecting to wait for everything!!!! But we don't mind the crowds really...we'll be out of this snow FINALLY and at WDW for 10 days of fun!!! :sohappy:

JafarMaleficent

Here you go. Palm tree.lol

88428317.6dscsapZ.jpg

michelle_sydney

Texas has spring break in 3 weeks! And, from Dallas/Ft. Worth all the American airlines flights were booked! My sister and I are driving because we could not get a flight to Orlando! Yay Spring Break crowds!

powlessfamily4

The schools in our county are out on Winter break also. (Georgia) More than likely people thought they would beat the summer crowds by going now.

I don't remember getting an extra winter break as a kid. We had Christmas break and Spring break... how did they end up with an extra break?!?

CP_alum08

My family came down this weekend from MI, I live in FL. They were planning to go to Universal (I know, I know) so I went to WDW a few hours before I had to pick them up from the airport.

I went Thursday at about 5pm. I walked on to HM twice, rode space mountain twice once stand-by at about 15 minutes and the other fastpass, rode POtC once with about a 15 minutes wait, and walked on to TTA.

Then I went over to EPCOT to watch Illuminations. It was a ghost town! I didnt ride anything because I got there pretty close to when the show was starting but Im sure I could have in the 20 minutes I had before the show.

Even friday and saturday at Universal/IOA was pretty slow. Harry Potter was nuts but i think its like that all the time. The longest we had to wait was just over 30 minutes. Crazy how much crowds can change in just a day!

sweetpee_1993

My kids aren't in public schools anymore but I know the local schools here in Nederland, Texas have spring break starting next week.

I'm also interested in how this extra break materialized! When I was a kid we only had the holiday break and spring break. We didn't even get the full week of Thanksgiving which seems to be fairly common nowadays. :shrug:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I hope the crowds pile out after wishes or the last Electrical Parade run of the night. If the crowds are as bad as they say they are I am sleeping in tomorrow morning LOL.

disneygirl1

Our spring breaks here in Philadelphia always co-inside with Easter I am shocked that some school get a break in Feb or March. :shrug:

I grew up in MA and always had the week of Presidents Day off and then have another week off the week of Patriots Day (the Mon. the Boston Marathon falls on). Same deal now, with my kids in RI. I came extremely close to booking a long weekend to get out of the nasty winter we've had up here. Hindsight, I'm glad I didn't because I have 2 sick kids this week, but I would bet alot of people felt the way I did in January after what seemed like the 100th snowstorm and booked a trip to someplace warm.

miles1

This February break is also news to me as it sounds like it's unique to MA. Didn't kids just get back from Christmas/New Year's break a few weeks ago?

According to every website I've seen about it (including this good one http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-...st-dates/2010-weeks-to-visit-ranked-in-order/) it's always really busy around President's Day. I doubt next week will be bad at all.

It's not unique to Mass. Our kids were supposed to have this week off as well here in Connecticut, but it was cancelled because they've had WAY too many snow days and would have been going until July. Many families already had trips booked and had to make the choice of missing school or loosing the money for the vacation.

The ironic part is that they canceled school again today because of snow.

StillerGirl

I have read somewhere that this is a very busy week at MK...I am hoping it's not like that next week since we will be there this Sunday.

I live in PA and we are getting hammered right now with snow. I even got called off of school and that rarely ever happens! And are spring breaks are with Easter also..so I too was surprised to hear alot of places have spring break right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom