Innoventions West to Close in May?

ToTBellHop

There's at least a weeks prep and demo either side of both... so that's 22+ weeks. Which is indeed nearly 26.

Not arguing. Just pointing out facts.
Don't they have some carts out for Holidays Around the World now, too? Thought I read that last year. If so, add 5-6 weeks depending on when Thanksgiving falls.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
One must be drunk to view WS as anything other than cluttered and stagnant. I would imagine this is the same reasoning behind all of the hard liquor you can get at DHS.
It may be stagnant, but next to Future World it looks downright spectacular!
When I talk to people who say they like Epcot, almost always it's because they like eating/drinking around World Showcase. Most of them almost forget Future World is still there.
You know, like Disney management has...

The Empress Lilly

When I talk to people who say they like Epcot, almost always it's because they like eating/drinking around World Showcase. Most of them almost forget Future World is still there.
Yes, it's so weird how the centre of gravity of EPCOT has shifted from FW to WS. In it's heyday EPCOT was all about FW, WS was where you had dinner (made with a same day reservation at a Worldkey proto-internet kiosk), it was where you went to relax yourself a bit in between all the thrilling and inspiring excitement of FW.

Nowadays FW is where you quickly fight the hordes for a ride on Soarin' or TT in the morning, possibly with some toons thrown in too. And otherwise EPCOT revolves around WS. Which itself has been developed into a food and drink fest, further adding to the change of EPCOT from futuristic theme park to Toontown Pleasure Island Around the Lake. A foodfest for imbeciles. (By which nobody means the Food and Wine festival, but the entire park)

Any single kiosk is not the problem, nor any festival. In fact, the F&W festival is a perfect fit for EPCOT. No, the problem is the whole, the entire overhaul of the park. The problem is that CentreCore has been destroyed for a toon waving you to a drink stand, because princess snowflake cries from smart stuff and daddy needs his drinks because he is bored at this Disney park where there is nothing to do anymore that a father and his daughter enjoy doing together.

Communicore

Yes, it's so weird how the centre of gravity of EPCOT has shifted from FW to WS. In it's heyday EPCOT was all about FW, WS was where you had dinner (made with a same day reservation at a Worldkey proto-internet kiosk), it was where you went to relax yourself a bit in between all the thrilling and inspiring excitement of FW.

Exactly. When we took field trips to EPCOT Center and Epcot 94 back then, we were like, why bother with World Showcase. That's why I am a Communicore fan, most time was just spent in that area. I'll be honest, I never ate at any WS food places until much later when I was a CM. It's always been Stargate, Sunrise Terrace, or Farmer's Market for the eats. Also, I didn't like how WS closed much later than FW.

note2001

Exactly. When we took field trips to EPCOT Center and Epcot 94 back then, we were like, why bother with World Showcase. That's why I am a Communicore fan, most time was just spent in that area. I'll be honest, I never ate at any WS food places until much later when I was a CM. It's always been Stargate, Sunrise Terrace, or Farmer's Market for the eats. Also, I didn't like how WS closed much later than FW.

WS is where Disney makes their money, so they'd be happy to know it's the focus.

Yup,
It's a highly overpriced Pleasure Island.

But it's a pseudo-authentic international experience! There's the all-Japanese shop in Japan (I've picked up too many made in china items in there.) And there's the Canadian lumberjacks, they alone make it a worldly experience. What's that? You say the US produces more lumber than any other country? Well, yes that's true...it's uh, um... pass a pre-made authentic Mexican margarita please.

Next Big Thing

Anyone who expects a Big Hero 6 revamp of Innoventions shouldn't get your hopes up. Unless it's "Frozen", Disney doesn't seem to care about their recent films.

I imagine it'll probably just sit empty like Wonders of Life for a while.
Yeah, i've actually been told by several CMs when looking for Beymax plush that "it's not popular enough anymore or else we'd have it". He's not sold at either the Emporium OR World of Disney. I believe DHS is the only place that sells any real collection of BH6 merch if they still do there.

Sped2424

Yeah, i've actually been told by several CMs when looking for Beymax plush that "it's not popular enough anymore or else we'd have it". He's not sold at either the Emporium OR World of Disney. I believe DHS is the only place that sells any real collection of BH6 merch if they still do there.
Those Cm's are well rather misinformed. The bh6 tsum tsums sold out day one on the disney store site. Something frozen didn't even manage to pull. Nor any other tsum collection (I have watched all of them). BH6 baymax plush sold out completely during the first wave. Bh6 has a section that has sold both in tomorrowland and main street usa (I have seen them lose stock of baymax centered toys, he's the seller). It's no frozen in terms of popularity, but it's definitly making money.

JRMFL

I get asked every day (3-4 times just yesterday, for example) for BH6 merchandise. We pulled it from MOV in TLand to make room for Miles From Tomorrowland and Avengers.

montyz81

Any update on what is going on in this space? I honestly feel like upper management has a bet amongst themselves that has them cutting attractions in Epcot to see how long they can go before attendance begins to significantly decrease.

Boardwalker

World Showcase?? Oh you mean Drunkytown!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom