Innoventions changes...

TheDScoop

Original Poster
...well, this will probably sound pretty ho-hum in light of all the recent Disney happenings, but I've been told to look for two new exhibits at Innoventions in Epcot.

One will involve nanotechnology and the other will involve the plastics industry.

I was told that they would open sometime Spring 2004.

Scoop.

Shaman

Nanotechno exhibit? Sounds interesting...however, I think in the future they should use the innoventions space more efficiently...perhaps building an attraction on one side...and putting innoventions all on one side....just some thoughts....

jrriddle

I'm not sure but I thought Time Racers was supposed to go in somewhere around there. I've heard so many things it gets confusing after awhile.

TheDScoop

Original Poster
My first though was also that plastics sounded pretty boring.

Then again, I'm told the new UL exhibit has been a surprise hit (no pun intended, blah, blah, blah) with guests.

Moustronaut

Found out some info about the new plastics exhibit at Innoventions.

Excerpt from the Feb 9, 2004 Plastics News

"...Washington-based SPI (Society of the Plastics Industry) held a soft launch with its board Jan. 15 at Epcot in Orlando, Fla., and plans to have the exhibit up and running by summer. SPI officials spoke Feb. 4, providing details for the first time about the exhibit's design and updating progress.

The 5,000-square-foot exhibit will be interactive, featuring games in which children learn about plastics and use that knowledge to build virtual robots. Then, the robots will compete in a computerized obstacle course, controlled by a child’s movements on an electronic dance pad.

After that, visitors will be ushered into a working injection molding room, with robots and materials-handling equipment designed to appeal to children by showing a lot of movement, said Bonnie Limbach, SPI’s chief communications officer. The children will get to take away a small toy that will be created on site at the Epcot “factory”, she said..."

I've got the rest of the article that goes on to say who all sponsers this, where some of the ideas came from, and how they plan to keep it fresh. But it sounds like it could be an interesting exhibit for Innoventions.

Moustronaut

Originally posted by SkipKid
wait, remember, the word 'free' makes no appearance in that statement
SkipKid

Hmmmm good point, but I think it's implied that it's included in the price of admission... just like the Coca-cola products at Ice Station Cool. Probably just some small model of Spaceship Earth or the Innoventions logo.

TheDScoop

Original Poster
Short answer: We had our second baby.

Longer answer: Some of my friends at WDW have asked that more things not be shared with the general public because of the happenings these days at Greater Disney...

However, I did just post some interesting stuff about some new rumored WDW nighttime entertainment. I posted it over at www.jjewell.com . Is it okay to think directly to it?

Scoop.

Scar4king

I miss The old inoventions with all the free sega games wayyyy back when. But I hope they let the Big kids get a toy also .
But Inoventions needed a good change a lot of the technology they showed last time i was there is Now really dated .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom