Inferno Barge Rehab

Rob562

Hmmm... After an almost-total rebuild after the incident 4 or 5 years ago, I'm surprised that it needs to go out for refurb again so soon.

On a personal note, I'm glad it'll be back for my trip in June. ;)

-Rob

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hmmm... After an almost-total rebuild after the incident 4 or 5 years ago, I'm surprised that it needs to go out for refurb again so soon.

On a personal note, I'm glad it'll be back for my trip in June. ;)

-Rob

That is one hard working piece of gear though, that operates in some extreme conditions.

Cosmic Commando

Do they do anything to make up for it not being there? I'm doing the Illuminations cruise 5/4. I'm not going to go into a tirade about how my whole trip will be ruined or anything, but it is unfortunate. Feeling the heat from the inferno barge is incredible.

Kamikaze

Do they do anything to make up for it not being there? I'm doing the Illuminations cruise 5/4. I'm not going to go into a tirade about how my whole trip will be ruined or anything, but it is unfortunate. Feeling the heat from the inferno barge is incredible.

Show is shortened (leaving out the inferno barge only segment) and somewhat altered. Its not as good, but it is nice to see a different show.

The Inferno Barge is scheduled to be out for rehab from April 27 - May 27.

Refurb.

hpyhnt 1000

Show is shortened (leaving out the inferno barge only segment) and somewhat altered. Its not as good, but it is nice to see a different show.

Actually, thats not correct. The one only time the show was shortened was when the Earth Globe was out for refurbishment. For this refurb, the show is performed in full, including the entire Chaos segment (just without the Inferno Barge).

As far as extra effects, I would not anticipate any. The laser effects during Chaos were enhanced the last time the Inferno Barge was taken out for refurbishment and have subsequently been left in the show. While not as powerful as a fifty foot fireball, they are impressive in their own right.

Here's video of the entire show the last time the Inferno Barge was removed in Feb 2009:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/video/6e78b17926e9441b/roe_missinginferno_feb2009.wmv

Cosmic Commando

I would say go see it even if just so to see the intricate laser programming of Chaos far clearer.
I was actually thinking that! After someone said the extra laser effects from the last inferno barge refurb stuck around, I watched the video from this site of the show without the barge. After seeing Illuminations 5-6 times in the last six months, I can honestly say I never even noticed the lasers while the inferno barge was burning.

KSwart

The Inferno Barge is scheduled to be out for rehab from April 27 - May 27.

hmmmm.... think I will be switching our schedule from Illuminations on May 27 to Wishes and do Illuminations on the 28th... Thanks for the info :) I hope they are done on schedule we are leaving on the 29th!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom