Rumor Indication that Disney may open on June 14th?

disney4life2008

Well, that's only partly correct. Those on the monthly payment plan will only be refunded for payments made between March 15 and April 5 or somewhere around those dates. That amount is already known. However, those who paid in full will not know their refund until the parks open, unless their passes expired during the closure and they requested to allow the pass to end instead of extending their date.

I have a feeling there will not be any refunds for those on the monthly payment plan that have not yet expired. I would expect to see a credit for that 1 monthly payment, which would be fine with me.

I'm actually OK with them keeping my money. My pass expires in July, do you know if they will extend for the amount of time closed?

NoBreyner60

Well, there's four more week days for WDW to supposedly offer up the reopening plans to Orange County. The OC board has been meeting on Tuesdays recently. We'll see.

Thelazer

So look at how Universal is opening.
First team members only, then locals only, then full open.
Disney would likely mirror this.

June 14th is flag day, could that also mark the START (IE, CM's only..) of opening.

That said, dates in flux.. but nest about June will be out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

cmoliver68

I'm actually OK with them keeping my money. My pass expires in July, do you know if they will extend for the amount of time closed?
There were a couple of options depending on if you were on the monthly plan or paid in full. Either way, the options were to extend the pass for the amount of time they are closed or you can keep your expiration date the same and credit/refund will be issued if full pay, or shortened payment terms if on monthly pay. Best thing to do would be to call (407) 939-7277 for more info.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Still, Universal came in about three weeks earlier than D'Amaro thought

Good thing Josh secured his new job days before the announcement! I feel like Chapek ultimately should have had a better pulse on Orlando.

To topic at hand, mid June to the public feels aggresively early even if announced tomorrow, given the opportunity Universal has given WDW to observe what works and doesn't work at UO. Disney will absolutely use the opening as a means to fine tune its own plan.

dougb1000

We should know more tomorrow. Mayor DemIngs said in his daily press conference that Disney and Sea World are submitting their reopening plans to the state tomorrow.

WDW Pro

nothing in regards to timeframes or dates in those rumors?

We simply won't know until tomorrow at the meeting, or just before as information spreads within the company. At this point there are too many people giving false/conflicting info, so I can't say for sure. Some people are giving a date to me as the opening, some are saying that's for training, some are saying it's a date for standby... which means that there's a mid-June significant date, but nobody below the top of the top knows exactly what is happening. My guess is that the company will be filtered through the company tomorrow prior to the meeting in order to make sure cast answering phones and emails aren't caught off guard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom