Rumor Indication that Disney may open on June 14th?

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Disney hasn't even submitted a requisite plan to the state government. There's also strong opposition at multiple levels to reopening just before the fourth of July due to holiday expectations that shouldn't happen (packing people in for fireworks). Still, Universal came in about three weeks earlier than D'Amaro thought, so we'll have to wait. The various options are now with the top four decision makers for the parks, and leaks or early info is very unlikely from this point unless it comes from the governor side... but that would be weird as well.
Who says they will "pack people in" and who says there will be fireworks?
Today is a holiday and there are no fireworks or packing people in anywhere where I live.
Same can be said for the 4th of July as all parades and fireworks have already been cancelled for that holiday as well.

Last edited:

NoBreyner60

I think Disney would not make any attempts at fireworks. Using the limited Disney Springs or Citywalk experience so far some people ignored social distancing by ignoring that there are people other than themselves. Somehow those who thought about social distancing decided that a trip to Raglan Road to grill hotdogs was a good idea. You can't plan on people to do the right thing once you put some pyrotechnics in front of them. Even if you limit capacity the limited number of people can still pack together for any form of parade,show or fireworks.

jinx8402

Today is a holiday and th dr re ate no fireworks or packing people in anywhere where I live.
Same can be said for the 4th of July as all parades and fireworks have already been cancelled for that holiday as well.

Right. If they are open they can just decide not to do fireworks despite it being the 4th. They can limit capacity so that it doesn't matter if typical crowds on the actual 4th are higher than normal.

Not to say they will open, but they can make the 4th seem as any other typical day in their early reopening stages.

It's funny that people on here and numerous other blogs and social media think Disney is number 1. Disney is playing every single one of us and we fall for it year after year. I haven't even gotten my AP refund they claimed I was getting 6 weeks ago.
When I called about getting a refund since they will not announce a date, the CM said that no refunds would be processed until reopening.

Miss Bella

Today is a holiday and there are no fireworks or packing people in anywhere where I live.
All they have to do is not have fireworks. It's an easy fix.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What? Now I'm really upset
Yes, I called the passholder support line to see what our refund would be if anything (our passes originally expire 6/5/2020) and she said no refund amounts have been determined and they wouldn't be until an opening date is announced.

AP refunds are for the part of the year in which the parks are closed. Since we don't know yet for how long they'll be closed, they don't know how much to refund you until they have an opening date.

cmoliver68

AP refunds are for the part of the year in which the parks are closed. Since we don't know yet for how long they'll be closed, they don't know how much to refund you until they have an opening date.
Well, that's only partly correct. Those on the monthly payment plan will only be refunded for payments made between March 15 and April 5 or somewhere around those dates. That amount is already known. However, those who paid in full will not know their refund until the parks open, unless their passes expired during the closure and they requested to allow the pass to end instead of extending their date.

I have a feeling there will not be any refunds for those on the monthly payment plan that have not yet expired. I would expect to see a credit for that 1 monthly payment, which would be fine with me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom