Indiana Jones

SL 1993R

They have also toned down the fires that used to shoot off near the bridge. When it first opened, you could feel the heat of the fireballs exploding, now days, very minimal fire in the room.

The ball was rolling last weekend when I was there, however, when I was there on New Years Day, it wasn't.

Indy is head and shoulders above when compared to Dinosaur / Count Down to Extinction.

Covnut

I was there last weekend and all works fine. The fire is still a really decent size and you can still feel it. One of the flames has been off for a VERY long time. Hopefully it will be fixed in its rehab starting in September.

The ball worked everytime I went on it this past weekend.

ThePhantom

I really wish they'd used Indy's ride program on Dinosaur... IMO it owuld make it a superior ride to Indy, I actually thought the theming was very well done... better than Indy. Maybe its because I've done Indy a few hundered tiems and have done Dinosaur only 4 times:rolleyes:

Burt_Gummer

Well, I know this ended a while ago, but I was able to get a look in the control room for indy with the cameras and all the other fun toys. My friend who was operating it showed me exactly how the WHOLE ride worked. I see you guys understand the doors but you are a little bit wrong on the ball part. The ball is on a horizontal shaft which is connected to vertical rods with wheels at the bottom that are on a track. The ball is always turning even without an emv in sight but it moves back when it's resting and when it's doing it's show for the emv, it slides forward a little that matches the speed of the turning of the ball on the shaft. The days that have been hard for you to see the ball were because the room around you wasn't moving forward to simulate the backing up. This means that the lights positioned to shine on the ball are blocked by the top of the "moving room". When the room moves forward, a hole in the top of it matches the static lights on the real ceiling so they can shine through to light up the ball. I have confirmed all of this by taking multiple trips to the control room and bringing flashlights on-board with me. But remember, on the days you can't see the ball very well, the romm is not moving forward, so you will not notice the effect of backing up.

I know this is probably very confusing but bring your own flashlight and you will notice alot more and maybe even sweettalk the operators to let you see the controls.

-Burt

Hank Scorpio

Ok someone mentioned a rehab in September, please tell me that this was last september and should be completed by now?

Going in August, and of all the rides that they could not have open this would be the biggest disapointment if it was out of bounds.

xfkirsten

Hank Scorpio said:
Ok someone mentioned a rehab in September, please tell me that this was last september and should be completed by now?

Going in August, and of all the rides that they could not have open this would be the biggest disapointment if it was out of bounds.

Well, it was rehabbed last April. The only thing they did this past September was install a new snake, and that was done each night after the park closed so that the ride didn't have any downtime. If the September thing was mentioned in this thread... well, this thread is ages old, so it was probably a loong time ago. :)

RU42

As Kirsten said, what you are looking at is probable old news. IJA just had a major rehab and the some fixes in Septemeber. There is no 'major' rehabs scheduled for 2005 for IJA. There might be some maintenance, but those would be evening jobs must likely.

Thru 2004 and into 2005 we are seeing massive refurbs. I would expect thigns to be relatively quiet (major refurb standpoint) from May on to the end of the celebration; with the exception of HMH, IsSWH, and the finishing of Space Mtn.

RU

LoriMistress

One of my favorite memories about this ride was when I was fifteen, I went with my mom, my two cousins (who were two and one at the time), and my uncle. After going on Indiana Jones, as we were exiting, here was the converstation that my uncle and I had:

"That actor was really good!" Uncle
"What actor?" Me
"You know, the actor that played Indiana. He was really good."
"Actor?"
"Yea."
"That wasn't an actor."
"Yes it was."
"No. It was an AM. They all were."
*pause* "Oh my god."

That was too funny. We still tease him about it to this day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom