Indiana Jones

Covnut

Hey, the ball room doesn't move up at all, it just moves forward. There is always a slope going down right infront of you and there is always clearance.

The_CEO

Originally posted by Covnut
Hey, the ball room doesn't move up at all, it just moves forward. There is always a slope going down right infront of you and there is always clearance.

Maybe.. How does the ball come forward then?

DCA Fan

Maybe they've decided to change the sequence now. The ball is now on a stick w/ strobes to give the illusion of moving, but I always thought the room still telescoped.

YET ANOTHER FACT:
When the ride first opened, many guests came out bruised from the shaking of the vehicles. It wasn't until a month or so later did they tone down the ride.

AND ANOTHER:
The control system for Indy is more advanced than that of the space shuttle Columbia

Covnut

teleschoped??? It just moves forward man. And what do you mean how does the ball come down. It rolls down a ramp guys. I don't know how it comes back up, but it can't be that complicated. Look behind you after you go down, nothing happens to the ground.

The_CEO

teleschoped??? It just moves forward man. And what do you mean how does the ball come down. It rolls down a ramp guys. I don't know how it comes back up, but it can't be that complicated. Look behind you after you go down, nothing happens to the ground.

OK,

Why is Indy suspended from a rope? Well its part of the theme.

The thing you dont know.. Is that while your looking at HIM the shell is rising. You wont notice anything because your eyes are on indy.. The rope doesnt change angles but stays the same. Once indy says his line.. Your eyes follow the ball that is " coming towards you". That proves the shell IS rising. AND moving forward..

INDI" Back up BACK UP!!!!"

At that point the shell moves forward and is risin.

(* Point made and supported ;) *)

DCA Fan

1) Telescope. Meaning the room moves so that the vehicle can move down. Already proven by ceo.
2) Ball no longer rolls. I already said that. It USED to roll, now they have placed the ball on an axis and use lighting effects.
3) We've already confirmed that. What we're saying is that the "room" w/ the ball moves.

JLW11Hi

This is one of the best rides I have ever been on!

But one question:

Is it just me, or is the effect of the ball rolling down not as effective now as it once was?

I cant say that I can accurately critique the effect, since I only went on it once last year, but I remember when I first went on it many years ago, the ball thing was a lot more realistic than it is now. I just remember going on it twice, and loving that part both times, but when we went on it recently, I could hardly make out the ball rolling towards us (in fact, my mom didnt see the thing at all). It seemed that the effect was a lot darker than it used to be, and harder to see the ball.

Mabey its just me, or mabey there ws just something wrong with the effect that day, but has anyone else noticed this?

(Either way, its still my favorite theme park ride!)

Fun Fact: I heard that when the ride first opened, the line for the attraction extended all the way to Main Street!! Just imagine waiting all day in that line, just reaching the entrance of the ride.....then to experience what is probably the longest indoor queue in Disney history!!!

Disneynutcase

When the ride opened it was actually worse than what you just described. Line would go all the way through Adventureland, blocking entrances to Adventureland Bazaar and creating a traffic nightmare for Jungle Cruise and Tiki Room entrances.

The line would go out the Adventureland exit, make a turn left (towards the castle) at the hub of Main Street, then head back into Frontierland. I was there once when the start of the thing was all the way to the Golden Horseshoe review with a back and forth serpentined cue in the more open area of Frontierland (near the mercantile store). It was a truly astounding line considering that the usual cue for it from the Indy entrance is about 45 minutes of winding back and forth. This was before Fast Pass and the line was easily 2 hours and sadly (or gladly) very much worth the wait. CMs used to hand out stickers, badges, and game cards (to decode the messages scrawled into the temple) to help pass the time.

The ride building is actually way outside of the park, beyond the train tracks, and was put into the old parking lot. If you take the Mickey & Friends Parking tram, you can easily see the building. It's the huge monolith with all the palm trees painted on it.

This ride is cool because, due to its advanced programming, you don't really have the exact same ride twice. In all the areas where Indy shows up, they programmed at least a half dozen variations of what he'll say. Then the effects in several rooms (like the crawling bugs) have different variations. When the ride opened, the promo for it said that you'd need to ride it A LOT to get an exact same ride.

Quick question. I've only been on Dinosaur once. It is programmed the same way--with different possible effects--or is it the same ride each and every time? Although I liked Dinosaur, it seemed to lack the rich detail of Indy, despite sharing similar ride vehicles.

The_CEO

Dinosaur is not the same everytime. It has the variation like Indiana does. Dinosaur is in TOTAL darkness.. How fun is that :hammer: ...? Didnt think so...

FUN FACT: My record for riding Indiana Jones at CA is 78 circuits.. 2 Which were mishaps and had to get off the ride and exit. All in one day BTW also.

EDIT- Thats more than 1 hour & 1/2 of INDI!!!!! :D

The_CEO

Wait... Dinosaur doesnt have an open building like.. where the bridge is in INDI>... It isnt on dino... Like it isnt open.. None of dino is.

ToTBellHop

They may have different set-ups, but the tracks are, in fact, identical. You can really tell at the beginning and end of the rides--the rest of the rides are very dissorienting. Dinosaur has less variation than does Indy, but there is still a bit involving motion of the Time Rovers--no where near as extensive as Indy. Dinosaur also has FAR less theming; it was supposed to be as extensive, but suffered budget cuts; luckily, Indy was snuck in before disney became so budget cut crazy; thus, it is an incredible adventure.

DisneyCP2000

are there any movies of this attraction? I've been to disneyland but don't recall it being there. Ever since hearing how cool it is i'd like to know what it's like. thanks :D

Tim G

Originally posted by DCA Fan
FYI: Indiana Jones and Dinosaur have the same exact track layout, just different themeing.

You're absolutely right !!!

IMO the theming is better in IJ but there will never be
a IJ in WDW as long as Dinosaur is there...

They might as well revamp dinosaur... or put the same random rides in it, but that's it...

The_CEO

Originally posted by Corrus
You're absolutely right !!!

IMO the theming is better in IJ but there will never be
a IJ in WDW as long as Dinosaur is there...

They might as well revamp dinosaur... or put the same random rides in it, but that's it...

Do you know that for a fact?:D :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom