Indiana Jones ride coming to Animal Kingdom?

Which ride should Animal Kingdom get? INDIANA JONES OR AVATAR?

• Total voters

blackbears28

Original Poster
Seriously getting rid of the useless man made Echo lake in Disney Studios would easily allow room for the Indiana Jones attractions.. Can ANYONE argue with that. Its in Hollywood studios where it belongs like everyone has said and its connected to the Indiana Jones stunt show and connected to co lucasfilms star wars land and not in the same park as Dinosaur.***Can someone please give me a better location scenario????​

can't argue with this

lebeau

It completely shock me if Disney didn't decide to go forth with continuing the Indiana Jones franchise as they've decided to do with Star Wars. Indy and Star Wars are both connected to Lucasfilms so it would surprise me that Disney would only use Star Wars. And when they do decide to bring Indy 5 into production they'll probably want to publicize it as much as possible and bringing an Indiana Jones ride on the east coast would definitely get the job done.

Disney can't make Indy movies. Those are tied up at Paramount. Maybe some day they will untie them, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

blackbears28

Original Poster
But look at the Indiana Jones setting..a tomb in the jungle with plenty of snakes and other animals...it seems to fit a lot better than a house in the middle of Animal Kingdom about a magical monkey...

What are everyone's thoughts on the demolition of Echo lake and the replacement of the Disneyland's Indiana Jones ride to makeup Indy Land?

lego606

MagicBandit
For the same reason that Cars Land isn't going to happen (imo)

Disney, in my mind, isn't going to build a "second Dinosaur" or a "second Test Track".

What are everyone's thoughts on the demolition of Echo lake and the replacement of the Disneyland's Indiana Jones ride to makeup Indy Land?

My question is, where do we hide the show building, given that from my (rather bad) measurements, the Indy show building is somewhere 2-3 times the size of Echo Lake?
Screen_Shot_2013_05_06_at_9_05_10_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2013_05_06_at_9_05_22_PM.png

Goofywilliam

Here is how I believe it should be fixed. First off, Hollywood studios. Indiana jones stunt show can be bulldozed. In that area disney can build Lucas studios. That area can then be subdivided into two lands themed to Star Wars and Indiana jones. Echo lake should not be done away with, but instead expanded so that world of color can be placed in that lagoon. As for animal kingdom, I believe disney should either go with avatar land or beastly kingdom. Either one would be a success.

PeterAlt

I read somewhere that Hollywood Studios original plans were that the Indiana Jones ride was to be constructed right behind the stunt show, sort of an Indy land. It can still be easily be done because all they would have to do is build it right into the parking lot like it was in the original plans. No major buildings to tear down or anything.
Hi, can you find where you read this? I did not know about this and I would like to read it. Thanks!

PeterAlt

No. Already have that ride in AK, it's called Dinosaur and it doesn't work right. Fix what's there.
That's what I thought before I rode Indy at DL. Theming makes a big difference. The two are not the same in any sense, other than the ride system. Your logic is like saying we don't need both Its a Small World AND Pirates of the Caribbean because both rides are boats. Or take any two Omnimover rides and say both aren't necessary because one Omnimover ride is good enough.

PeterAlt

Here is how I believe it should be fixed. First off, Hollywood studios. Indiana jones stunt show can be bulldozed. In that area disney can build Lucas studios. That area can then be subdivided into two lands themed to Star Wars and Indiana jones. Echo lake should not be done away with, but instead expanded so that world of color can be placed in that lagoon. As for animal kingdom, I believe disney should either go with avatar land or beastly kingdom. Either one would be a success.
Why in the world should they bulldoze the stunt show? It's a great show and complements an Indy ride nicely. No demolishing anything. Just expand into the parking lot. If they run short on parking, they can always build parking structures and/or build an extension of the EC monorail line to DHS and use the EC parking lot as spillover parking.

By the way, I've learned that the RCID has the power to sell tax-free construction bonds to build any infrastructure project it believes is in the public interest, including monorail expansion. So, this ends the silly argument that there's no money for it. They can sell tax-free government low-interest bonds to cover 100% of the cost of building it if they deem it necessary. Reclaiming the DHS parking lot necessitates the need to "borrow" the EC parking lot and/or build DHS parking structures and the monorail link connecting it!

PeterAlt

I honestly don't understand why people want a ride that's nearly two decades old.
As someone from Florida who's ridden the Indy ride at DL, let me answer that with a rhetorical question. Why did DLP need PotC or IaSW or Haunted Mansion? Why did HKDL need Space Mountain? How many decades old were those rides?

Indy is a classic of the same caliber as Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, PotC, IASW, BTMRR, and Splash Mountain. It is the only classic missing from WDW of 5-star caliber quality.

Goofywilliam

Why in the world should they bulldoze the stunt show? It's a great show and complements an Indy ride nicely. No demolishing anything. Just expand into the parking lot. If they run short on parking, they can always build parking structures and/or build an extension of the EC monorail line to DHS and use the EC parking lot as spillover parking.

By the way, I've learned that the RCID has the power to sell tax-free construction bonds to build any infrastructure project it believes is in the public interest, including monorail expansion. So, this ends the silly argument that there's no money for it. They can sell tax-free government low-interest bonds to cover 100% of the cost of building it if they deem it necessary. Reclaiming the DHS parking lot necessitates the need to "borrow" the EC parking lot and/or build DHS parking structures and the monorail link connecting it!
I have never understood why disney does not use parking structures instead of those giant parking lots they have. The structures are so much more compact! Anyway I guess the reason I said demolish Indiana jones stunt show is just because I am not that fond of it and it takes up so much room! It's also located in a spot that limits expansion. Maybe they could move it if they ever did decide to build a Indiana jones ride. As long as they don't demolish echo lake. I will stand by my world of color idea! Lol

PeterAlt

This is really an unfair poll. First, no one here has ridden the Avatar E-ticket ride to make a judgement call. Second, both need to be build, but at different parks. Indy should be built at DHS as part of an Indy mini-land and nothing should be demolished to make room for it. I've been saying this since I first joined this site 10 years ago!

PeterAlt

I have never understood why disney does not use parking structures instead of those giant parking lots they have. The structures are so much more compact! Anyway I guess the reason I said demolish Indiana jones stunt show is just because I am not that fond of it and it takes up so much room! It's also located in a spot that limits expansion. Maybe they could move it if they ever did decide to build a Indiana jones ride. As long as they don't demolish echo lake. I will stand by my world of color idea! Lol
Someone here mentioned that there was a plan to build the Indy ride behind the stunt show on what is now part of the parking lot. This makes so much sense. I hope they dust those plans off and green light it!

blackbears28

Original Poster
Someone here mentioned that there was a plan to build the Indy ride behind the stunt show on what is now part of the parking lot. This makes so much sense. I hope they dust those plans off and green light it!

There was! I read it somewhere and have talked about it with a few cast members but budget costs allowed for this segment of the project to be downsized.

As I do agree that I would rather disney expand and not get rid of anything...we all know how disney is...If some attractions had to be bulldozed getting rid of Echo lake, the American Idol and Sounds Dangerous stage buildings would be more than enough room to complete the Indy land with the Indiana Jones ride.

Goofywilliam

That would be amazing! I hope they could fit a star wars land in there as well or at least a Star Wars attraction/restaurant. Honestly I would be happy with anything new coming to Hollywood studios or animal kingdom. They both need something new and fresh!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom