Indiana Jones ride coming to Animal Kingdom?

Which ride should Animal Kingdom get? INDIANA JONES OR AVATAR?

• Total voters

Taylor

A clone of Indy was being considered as a part of a DHS expansion if I recall but the ride was axed

Edit:if you remember this was in the Early days of the expansion talk which was over a year ago

blackbears28

Original Poster
I'm just saying that I've heard from cast members at Animal Kingdom that with all the criticism of the Avatar project that their reconsidering the Avatar project (that's why construction is being delayed) and Indy along with other ride concepts are currently being evaluated for Animal Kingdom.

jencor

I voted Avatar, but really would take about anything else. Just feel IJ fits better in DHS or anywhere else. I just vote for a new ride that will get me excited.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Also take note that Indiana Jones 5 still isn't out of the picture as even thou filming hasn't yet started taking place scripts are being written and with disney now acquiring Lucasfilms it is being considered. here's a link to Harrison Ford's IMDB page that lists Indiana Jones 5 as announced. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000148/

And they've announced there would be two Avatar sequels....

Get ready, folks.

Monstrous Summer is here!

Way too bloody early.

blackbears28

Original Poster
It completely shock me if Disney didn't decide to go forth with continuing the Indiana Jones franchise as they've decided to do with Star Wars. Indy and Star Wars are both connected to Lucasfilms so it would surprise me that Disney would only use Star Wars. And when they do decide to bring Indy 5 into production they'll probably want to publicize it as much as possible and bringing an Indiana Jones ride on the east coast would definitely get the job done.

blackbears28

Original Poster
Problem is you don't know what you're getting with a new ride...A clone at least you know what you're getting. And a new ride will be more expensive to develop a ride that's design plans already exist will be a lot easier to construct.

BryceM

Indy is amazing, no doubt. It's one of my favorites. Personally, I like moving forward and new, unique things, which is why I would prefer a completely new ride. Just a personal thing.
And plus, DINOSAUR is already in AK. It would be stupid to have two identical rides in the same parks, just with different themes. And I'm with ya, I want all new experiences. That's why I'm kind of against Cars Land. If I wanted to go to Cars Land, I'd go to Disneyland Resort. Even WWoHP in Hollywood irks me. Just come to IOA, where the land actually fits. Though, I can see why they're placing it in USH... It needs help attendance-wise, correct?

blackbears28

Original Poster
I wonder if they have considered epcot is there any room behind Mexico or one of the other pavilions. My guess still goes with Animal Kingdom or build it behind the stunt show in Hollywood studios like in the original plans.

Californian Elitist

And plus, DINOSAUR is already in AK. It would be stupid to have two identical rides in the same parks, just with different themes. And I'm with ya, I want all new experiences. That's why I'm kind of against Cars Land. If I wanted to go to Cars Land, I'd go to Disneyland Resort. Even WWoHP in Hollywood irks me. Just come to IOA, where the land actually fits. Though, I can see why they're placing it in USH... It needs help attendance-wise, correct?

Although I would have wanted something completely new as well, Potter fits well at USH, simply because it's a movie. USH doesn't have distinct lands, really. Just the upper lot, the lower lot and the backlot. Unfortunately, the Gibson Amphitheater is going for Potter. *sigh* :(

USH isn't THAT concerned with its theme park attendance, but cares more about film and television scheduling. The backlot will be receiving new sets in the upcoming years. I'd have a hard time believing they care a lot about getting their attendance to shoot way up. It does have a large and loyal fanbase, though. Almost every guest I see at USH has their annual pass hanging around their neck. USH gets a lot of international tourists, too. My brother works there and a few months ago, he was chosen to show around a sultan and his family. He told me they spent thousands of dollars on merchandise. Must be nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom