Indiana Jones' Extras?

MarkTwain

Since so many of us are Disney nuts, I was wondering how many have been pulled as an extra for the Indy show? I got pulled on my trip a few weeks ago for the first time and had a blast!

I have... less "being pulled" and more jumping up and down/waving my arms like a raving lunatic until they've chosen me. It's lots of fun. You can know right when the jeep explodes and flips over but it's much more surprising when it happens next to you. It's really not very hard or nervewracking since you're sort of just following a crowd, and it's a much more interesting and close-up view of the show.

Fantasmic

I've done the backlot tour one... not Indy. Might go for that next time.

I got through all the auditions on AIE too, but they had filled up all the slots for the day so I had to go on the reserve list!

Aurora1

Original Poster
How did you guys go about getting picked for backlot? We're going late summer and I'd love to do that to round out my "audience participation" at HS!! haha

KDiS88

How did you guys go about getting picked for backlot? We're going late summer and I'd love to do that to round out my "audience participation" at HS!! haha
We were one of the first ones in line so the CM just asked if we were willing to participate in the preshow at the Backlot. I guess just arrive early is all we did.

HatboxGhost

I was pulled twice, 2 years ago and it was a great time!!!! They were so cool because the first time I was an extra, my wife was filming and the batteries died in the camera so they let us come back so we could film it again. You really do feel those flames from that truck when you are out there.

Marc Gil

Did Backlot stop audience participation for the Pearl Harbor effects show?

The last few times I went, they didn't use any members of the audience.

Kristamouse

My husband, BIL and a friend and I were all choosen for the Backlot Tour in 2002. We were in line and laughing and carrying on and a CM came up and told us he had just the job for us. It was the sub/Pearl Harbor scene and lots of fun, DH was in the fake room off to the side and had to answer the phone and got DRENCHED! The only downside is the waterproof jacket and pants made our clothes smell funny the rest of the day.

graphite1326

I have never been picked but I tricked the rest of my family to be picked. As we walked into the entrance, I walked up to the CM and said "here are three volunteers for you" and he dragged them away. I was laughing the whole time. They got even with me though a few days later. We were at Great Britain in EPCOT during the King Arthur show. When they picked the King from the audience my family stood behind me pointing and I was picked. Goochie goochie wha wha ya ya.

baloofigment14

My dad got picked for Indy and had to do a dance. That was entertaining! Never gotten picked for Backlot, but looks like fun! (although wet)

PolynesianPrincess

I've been picked for the Indy show 7 times and Backlot show once. Basically when they call for volunteeers for Indy, make sure you're down front and wave your arms and jump up and down. Every time I have wanted to valunteer, I have been picked. It's kind of a running joke in my family now ;)

Mr Anderson

I was picked as an extra on our last trip. It was a blast! The funny/ridiculous poses they make you do beforehand kinda loosen you up for the show, and make the audience laugh, and I'm always up for making people laugh.

It was a good time... except for the sheer awkwardness of another extra quite literally throwing herself allllll over me. At first I thought she was just trying to make the show a little more, shall we say, "action packed", but then when I moved to another spot between scenes, and she followed me and did it again... it was even more awkward. Let's just say the DW was not happy; luckily, this wasn't directed at me, as she could tell I was overwhelmingly uncomfortable with it.

I hope to be an extra again on our upcoming trip, just maybe without the girl throwing herself on me on set this time.

OH, and the "fake" extra? Most of the punches still look pretty convincing, even up close.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I was chosen as an extra for Indy last June. It was a lot of fun. They CM's were very friendly and down to earth between scenes. My son was chosen to be the remote control "driver" of one of the cars at Lights, Motors, Action! in June 2012. He was shown on the jumbotron and received a participant pin. He was pretty excited.

Aurora1

Original Poster
I love all of these stories! I'm hoping to get into the Backlot Tour during our August Trip this year, and maybe back into Indy as well!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom