Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye report

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
So I went to Disneyland this past Saturday on the 8th and got the chance to experience the newly refurbished Indy (BTW, totally saw John Lasseter in Cars Land that day). Wow. As I was walking, or semi running through the queue, I noticed the fresh coat of paint it had received. The colors were more vibrant and they looked new. You could tell they had repainted it.

The ride: The ride is still bumpy, which is good in my opinion. Mara looks great and I'm assuming they got another effect from Mara to work because prior to the refurb, I didn't remember seeing this effect at all (smoke and light from Mara's eye). The door effect works. The lightning at the beginning of the ride is more bright and loud! As a matter of fact, the entire ride is more loud! Everything boomed through those speakers and it made the experience much more exciting. Everything is also more clear. Speaking of clear, the rat and the bug projections are so clear and easy to see. Fabulous. Fluffy the snake was fantastic, as usual. The skeleton face above you, right after Fluffy was a lot more clear. The dart room looks fresh. Speaking of the dart room, I definitely heard a new sound effect coming from the darts. It sounded like sword or a knife. The regular dart sounds were still present, too. The rolling ball effect was working, although people have been reporting it wasn't working for them. Ridiculous. The Indy animatronic is clearer and louder. My entire jeep, including myself, screamed, cheered and clapped at the end of the ride. It was great and I hope you guys get to ride soon! RIDE IT NOW!

indianajonesadventure4.jpg

sponono88

Thanks for the report! I was there on Friday but I was at Candlelight so I didn't get a chance to ride it. I'm very happy one of my favorite rides got the attention it deserved and is shiny and new once again!

Here's a video from Dateline Disneyland, although it doesn't capture everything you can still see some of the refurbished effects and new lighting/projections. Looks really good.

fractal

Thanks for the update - wish I would have seen it in all its glory but still thought it was great in July. One thing I did notice ( maybe being used to Dinosaur) was the sound volume being lower than I expected.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Thanks for the report! I was there on Friday but I was at Candlelight so I didn't get a chance to ride it. I'm very happy one of my favorite rides got the attention it deserved and is shiny and new once again!

Here's a video from Dateline Disneyland, although it doesn't capture everything you can still see some of the refurbished effects and new lighting/projections. Looks really good.

Welcome! Thanks for the video! How was Candlelight?

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Thanks for the update - wish I would have seen it in all its glory but still thought it was great in July. One thing I did notice ( maybe being used to Dinosaur) was the sound volume being lower than I expected.

I've heard Dinosaur is incredibly loud... But I bet it was really the lack of sound. It just gives you a reason to plan another Disneyland visit in your future.:D

Rasvar

Even on the video it looks a lot more vibrant visually than the last time I was on it in January. Looks like it was a good refurb.

AswaySuller

Sadly, I can't see myself returning to DL for another couple of years now :( glad that they seem to have done a old job on the ride though.

WED99

(BTW, totally saw John Lasseter in Cars Land that day).
NO WAY! You just experienced one of my life long dreams! Please tell me you approached him and did at least 3 of the following:

-Congratulated him on the success of Cars Land
-Took a photo
-Traded Pins (Does he wear them? Imagine having one of his Cars pins!)
-Spoke about future Pixar projects
-Asked for his opinion on the current state of the parks
-Pitched in some ideas of your own
-Collected a strand of his hair so we can clone him and all have a household John Lasseter!

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
NO WAY! You just experienced one of my life long dreams! Please tell me you approached him and did at least 3 of the following:

-Congratulated him on the success of Cars Land
-Took a photo
-Traded Pins (Does he wear them? Imagine having one of his Cars pins!)
-Spoke about future Pixar projects
-Asked for his opinion on the current state of the parks
-Pitched in some ideas of your own
-Collected a strand of his hair so we can clone him and all have a household John Lasseter!

WAY! I didn't do any of that stuff LOL. I was going to approach him, but he had a Plaid with him and he looked like he was there on business, not to have fun, though he was smiling and he looked like he was having a good day.

I don't know if you're a D23 member living in California, but John Lasseter I believe is hosting an event at the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood on January 15th for D23 members. Tickets go on sale tomorrow.;)

WED99

WAY! I didn't do any of that stuff LOL. I was going to approach him, but he had a Plaid with him and he looked like he was there on business, not to have fun, though he was smiling and he looked like he was having a good day.

I don't know if you're a D23 member living in California, but John Lasseter I believe is hosting an event at the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood on January 15th for D23 members. Tickets go on sale tomorrow.;)
I may have to fly to California for this...

Another CM told me on my last visit he is the most approachable man ever!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom