Incredicoaster vs Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Better ride?

• Total voters

DrAlice

I have enjoyed both, but I find the Incredicoaster to be more fun. I can't really tell you why that is, but I like it better. 🤷‍♀️ YMMV.

I can imagine that if you aren't an Aerosmith fan, the Rock N Roller Coaster would be annoying. I like them, so I enjoyed singing along. BTW, that video doesn't do the ride justice. At. All.

Professortango1

Rockin' Rollercoaster is at least a lite Disney caliber attraction. It has a themed queue, preshow, themed load station, themed unload, etc. Incredicoater is embarrassing with babies on sticks and Disney Store figures placed throughout with constant characters squawking in your ear.. The launch with an evac platform permanently placed blocking the views of the lagoon is beyond comprehension. The ugly backstage areas visible, especially towards the end. Incredicoaster doesn't even compare. At least when it was California Screamin', it wasn't trying to be a "Disney" ride.

Last edited:

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

The launches are very fun and thrilling but ultimately both coasters are pretty mediocre IMO. In both cases, the OTSRs and constant brakes make the turns/helixes a lot less enjoyable than they could be.

RnRC’s theming is very silly. The recording studio, the preshow film with Aerosmith (& Ken Marino and Illeana Douglas!), the limo coaster trains, the Los Angeles-themed plywood you speed by during the coaster — it’s all honestly pretty stupid and chintzy but the storyline is fully realized and somehow the shamelessness of it all amounts to a pretty fun (albeit somewhat throwaway) experience.

Incredicoaster’s theming, on the other hand, is unacceptable. The storytelling is lazy and minimal and barely makes sense. Sure, the actual props during the coaster itself are a bit more sophisticated than RnRC’s plywood, but being indoors and in the dark does RnRC a lot of favors. It’s been covered ad nauseum on these boards, but the Jack Jacks on sticks are like the absolute nadir of Disney parks theming. That the ride dares to have a snarky attitude about its cynical thematic overlay (“Corporations call it synergy!”) is insult to injury.

Sailor310

I haven't been on RnRC but the video reminded me of Superstar Limo. Also, why is this Florida park ride about California freeways?

I've always liked California Screamin', one of my favorites, so I don't care how many babies on a stick they put up.
I was talked into going on the Matterhorn and my neck and back hurt for a week. I love the smooth G's of Screamin'.

Last edited:

TP2000

I'll amend my previous comment: I think the theming on both rides is silly. So, I made my judgement on ride experience only. :)

Both rides are silly, and really make no sense if you think about it for more than 10 seconds.

But I voted for Rock N' Roller Coaster. Especially at that time in the 1990's, it was an impressive feat to do an indoor roller coaster like that, something Disney hadn't done in 20 years since Space Mountain. The ride vehicles looking like a '63 Cadillac are also about the best looking roller coaster train on the planet.

Incredicoaster is mildly better than it's Screamin' original, but it's still a joke.

I do agree however, that the actual ride experience of Screamin' is one of Disney's best ever and superior to Rock N' Roller Coaster. But the babies on sticks thing is embarassing, and the ride effects suffer quite a bit the vast majority of the operating day when the sun is out.

TP2000

One other thing... the launch on Incredicoaster has been destroyed. Originally, it was a rock jetty that had a wave machine crashing water onto it constantly. You stood a good chance of getting splashed before your train launched.

Then the Safety Police took over and decided the safety rails had to be put in the up position constantly. Then the wave machine broke and the Walt Disney Company was so destitute that in order to meet weekly payroll they couldn't afford to fix the wave machine.

Now it's just this ugly steel walkway next to a stagnant lagoon. With brown water.

maxresdefault.jpg

Professortango1

One other thing... the launch on Incredicoaster has been destroyed. Originally, it was a rock jetty that had a wave machine crashing water onto it constantly. You stood a good chance of getting splashed before your train launched.

Then the Safety Police took over and decided the safety rails had to be put in the up position constantly. Then the wave machine broke and the Walt Disney Company was so destitute that in order to meet weekly payroll they couldn't afford to fix the wave machine.

Now it's just this ugly steel walkway next to a stagnant lagoon. With brown water.

maxresdefault.jpg

What's sad is the same company had a safety rail that remains lowered unless an emergency occurs already in play. This was installed on Expedition Everest to avoid having safety rails ruining the scale. Yet, for DCA, they just put a permanent rail.

socalifornian

I haven't been on RnRC but the video reminded me of Superstar Limo. Also, why is this Florida park ride about California freeways?

I've always liked California Screamin', one of my favorites, so I don't care how many babies on a stick they put up.
I was talked into going on the Matterhorn and my neck and back hurt for a week. I love the smooth G's of Screamin'.
Rockin Rollercoaster is in the Hollywood Studios park. Down the street from the Sunset/Hollywood Blvd. intersection 🤣

smooch

In my opinion if this was a vote between California Screamin' and RnR I would have picked California Screamin'. I think the ride experience of CS compared to RnR is more fun with the total of the elements. Thrill factor obviously goes to RnR but I think the fact the CS is outside with a view of the park paired with the CS soundtrack has a whimsical feel during the slower parts then the thrill in the fast parts. That said the queue of CS is a joke and is not themed in the slightest. RnR as cheesy as it is put in effort to have a themed queue that is pretty cool in the studio section aside from the outdated video.

Sadly, though, this is about IC, which takes the music I loved and replaces it and adds in annoying voice lines and cheap plastic figures on sticks that detract from the view of the park you are riding above. There is still no theme in the queue even for IC, hard to do much with concrete and metal labyrinths up to a load station and staircase. I will still ride IC if I am in the mood for a coaster when I am in DCA but I much preferred CS over IC the same way I preferred Paradise Pier over Pixar Pier, the theming could have been pulled off well potentially but it is such a cheap slap on overlay that it just looks bad and rushed because it was. Paradise Pier at least was replicating a place in a time period (victorian boardwalks) rather than being a boardwalk meant to advertise Pixar characters to sell snacks and merch.

For the poll I ended up putting RnR over IC and to be honest I am surprised it is as even as it is, I figured RnR would be higher maybe due to my own bias.

smooch

maxresdefault.jpg

I totally forgot the safety rail wasn't always in the up position, wow. I miss the wave machine causing waves to crash and splash onto me before the launch, and as a passerby it looked so cool to simulate the waves of an ocean to feel like you were on a real pier over the ocean. Now it's over a still body of water that's dirty and the rocks just look like a very awkward outline to the coaster rather than natural parts of a shore.

Also, one hill I will die on is I think the Mickey Mouse Loop design looked the best in DCA 1.0, the subsequent redesigns getting rid of the faux tracks for ears and instead plastering an image in the center do not look as good to me.

DavidDL

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is a must-do when I visit WDW. Incredicoaster is now a must-avoid for me. I'd much rather have my ears be blown out by music I enjoy than characters screaming "Jack Jack!" at me. -and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, for all it's cheesy neon lights and cardboard cut outs during the ride portion, has a much more elaborate queue and loading/launch/unload zone. Much better than the babies on sticks.

Professortango1

It should be no contest.

Queue - RNRC obviously
Preshow - RNRC as IC only has the TV's in the queue winking so hard at the crowd that they might get an annuerism.
Load station - RNRC
Physical thrills - RNRC
On ride effects - RNRC
Story - RNRC
Unload station - RNRC
Views - IC
Family Appeal - IC

Rockin Roller Coaster is simply a better example of a Disney attraction. Incredicoaster is Six Flags when they theme a kid's coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom