Incredibles 2 -- SPOILER Discussion / Reviews

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
At the beginning of the movie, I thought it would be both siblings that were the creators of Screenslaver. I never thought it would only be Evelyn.

Was this Pixar’s first lead female villain?

Well, in Inside Out, Brave, and Finding Dory, the female protagonist was her own antagonist.

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

Just saw it. Sold out theatre on a Friday afternoon. Loved every minute of it. The baby steals the whole film. The raccoon fight is epic, and I have not laughed out loud so much at any movie in a long time. There is also a lot of sly, subtle social commentary in here. Entertainment Weekly even talks about it. But again, it is very subtle and most probably won't even pick up on it since the plot is so fun and fast moving. Definitely go see this.

doctornick

Excellent movie. Not quite as good as the first one, but very well done really capturing the family dynamic well. Incredibles has done a far better job at tackling the "how would the real world deal with superheroes and the damage they cause" than the silly schizophrenic DCEU did.

The villain "twist" though was clear from a mile away. Would have been neat if it ended up being, say, Rick Dickler.

SosoDude

Loved it. It felt less like a "forced" Pixar sequel (ala Cars 2&3 or Monsters U) and more of an expansion of a world we fell in love with in the original. Gotta say I was a little nervous that I would not like it as much as I did.
I must say that I was a little surprised that Pixar didn't cut "hell" from the dialogue. While i'm not a prude, it just didn't feel right for some reason in my matinee showing consisting of mostly families with small children. No big deal, as I heard a lot worse from a mom in the row ahead of me when her 5-6 year old accidentaly poured out half of his popcorn before the trailers started.

All in all, I think Brad Bird and Pixar did an outstanding job on this sequel and I look forward to (hopefully) another chapter exploring the Parr's incredible family dinamic.

yeti

It was okay I guess, maybe I would've liked it more if it wasn't the sequel to The Incredibles. First thing is that "hide the villain" is really becoming a tired trope in Disney and Pixar movies, although it was obvious here from Evelyn's name. Liked the stuff with Bob taking care of the kids, loved the parts with E and Jack-Jack, always great to see Elastigirl kicking . But the overall plot and the villain were super boring, with nothing to match the insight, boldness, and the surprisingly sinister and mature tones of the first movie. The most generic movie Brad Bird's ever done. Like Finding Dory it's a very worthwhile sequel that (unfortunately) never endeavours to match or surpass the depth of the original.

Last edited:

Princess Leia

One thing that I think was a little underdeveloped was the 'new supers' plot. I really didn't feel an attachment to any of them, and I would have liked to have spent a little more time with the Parrs, Frozone, or Edna instead of trying to care about Void, Brick, or Reflux (though I did get a slight kick out of that one's powers, since I too suffer really bad acid reflux on occasion, and it would be great to harness that in a positive manner lol)

Phicinfan

okay we went last week, but have been traveling for work....so here is my review.

I personally loved the movie, my daughter and wife also loved it. My youngest son(HS Junior) thought it was predictable, and no real new surprises.

We all had the OMG moment with the short, but I thought it all made sense. ....

As for my personal views - I really, really liked it, as a parent I loved the way they had Violet grow up before our eyes and mature, and as a dad loved how Bob also began to get hold of things.

I personally loved Jack-Jack, and hope he is the main feature if they do a version 3.....and as we all know the Underminer is still running loose, in case some of you forgot...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom