Incorrect photo sent to app through Disney PhotoPass

JustAFan

Original Poster
Has anyone else received a picture in your Disney World app that wasn't of you? I mainly notice this in pictures from Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, but have seen it in other experiences as well. I've even scanned my magic band after getting off the ride and still get someone else's photo and not my own.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Sometimes the timing is off but often its a series of pics taken and I've noticed that if I click on the pic I can flip through a few of them and mine are within them.

Weather_Lady

We only bought MemoryMaker one time, but yes -- we had some photos of other people substituted for our own (e.g., the people in the vehicle ahead of us or behind us), as well as a few of our own photos that "didn't come out" due to flash synchronization problems. One of many reasons we've never paid for it since. ;)

NYwdwfan

Has anyone else received a picture in your Disney World app that wasn't of you? I mainly notice this in pictures from Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, but have seen it in other experiences as well. I've even scanned my magic band after getting off the ride and still get someone else's photo and not my own.
You can delete them. If you don't actually get your own photo you can call them and they will find it for you. We were once missing photos from the hub and the woman on the phone went into my photopass account, saw my daughters bright yellow sweatshirt from our Buzz photos that morning, asked if she was still wearing it when we had the hub photos taken, said she was "seeing" me scanned near the popcorn stand in the hub, then found our photos and sent them to my account. Creepy - yes. Helpful - yes again.

DisneyJoe

You can go to one of the photo centers in the parks and they will fix it and also find photos of you that you may think are gone - usually only takes a few minutes - we do it all of the time, it's really easy.

PhilippeD95

Oh Yes, I had the same situation. My photos were mixed up with photos of people who were in front of me and I had to call support and they were looking for my photos. They even suggested that I go back there and take some photos again, but I had already left and it took me a little bit to start objecting and become more demanding. Then they found my photos and asked me to delete not mine, which I got. i deleted them, but my real photos that they found and returned to me were in HEIC format, which i can't open in any of my applications on my computer. Then my brother advised me https://www.softorbits.com/convert-heic-to-jpeg/ with which i converted HEIC to JPEG and was able to see these pictures, they were quite fun:) In general, it was quite an interesting experience, which I associate with Disney PhotoPass

Last edited:

Ldno

Oh Yes, I had the same situation. My photos were mixed up with photos of people who were in front of me and I had to call support and they were looking for my photos. They even suggested that I go back there and take some photos again, but I had already left and it took me a little bit to start objecting and become more demanding. Then they found my photos and asked me to delete not mine, which I got. i deleted them, but my real photos that they found and returned to me were in HEIC format, which i can't open in any of my applications on my computer. Then my brother advised me https://www.softorbits.com/convert-heic-to-jpeg/ with which i converted HEIC to JPEG and was able to see these pictures, they were quite fun:) In general, it was quite an interesting experience, which I associate with Disney PhotoPass
If you have windows you can buy the codec extension for 1.99 and it unlocks video and photos! i used to convert to JPEg because I was having the same issue but little did I know was the downgrade Of quality and then I got the prompt to buy it and they all work now under the default photos app.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom