Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - January 15-18, 2015 (Disneyland)

Texas84

We joke about people complaining, but complaining about registration issues is totally valid.

No problems with the runDisney link but thanks for the heads-up. It also went live early. It actually brought up a page saying I was in line and my wait would be less than a minute. Then went right to Active.

Ariel484

Original Poster
No problems with the runDisney link but thanks for the heads-up. It also went live early. It actually brought up a page saying I was in line and my wait would be less than a minute. Then went right to Active.
Weird?? :confused: I'm so glad you got in though!

LindsayLoves

I got that too when I was first tooling around with it. It said there were 100 people ahead of me and then a little box popped up when it was my turn that you had to click to take you to the page. I was thinking that extra step might have been to prevent anything automated from working on the site.

Kristia

I was so tempted when I checked and the half was only 70% full. What stopped me was the price tag. I can't spend nearly $400 for two of us to run without a little planning. I wish it wasn't so expensive. :(

Ariel484

Original Poster
I was so tempted when I checked and the half was only 70% full. What stopped me was the price tag. I can't spend nearly $400 for two of us to run without a little planning. I wish it wasn't so expensive. :(
It stinks. And with how quickly this stuff is filling up I'll be very curious to see how they price things next year. And they've gotta add an Empire Challenge in WDW after this, right?! I feel like if they could find a weekend to do it, they'd be crazy not to.

FerretAfros

I registered for the Rebel Challenge right at noon. When I clicked the link the first couple times, I got a message saying it was already full. On my 3rd or 4th attempt, I got through, but neither the 5K nor 10K were listed at that point. As has become typical of Active and runDisney, I just don't really expect the websites to ever work quite right

Did we ever establish if the course going "past" DL is accurate? The 10K course still describes the Tink half route (which is impossible to do in 6.2mi), so I'm not sure how much credence to give it

Mad Stitch

I wanted to do this too, but I'm not thrilled about a January trip to Disneyland. The East Coast West Coast Star Wars Challenge seems to be a popular request. I'll hold out and see if they do one. In the meantime, what up with Paris in September 2015 runDisney? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom