Trip Report In the blink of an eye

So this trip as some of you already know happened and ended in the blink of an eye. I'm a planner, I love planning our vacations but when we decided to go with such short notice it was so exciting and unbelievable it almost made it one of the best trips. Everything was spontaneous with instant decisions. No time to plan where to eat or what to do other than the parks that were picked. I don't normally talk money but it cost us $1,500 for 3 nights at a value, 2 parks without the hopper for 3 people. That included the $180 roundtrip airfare for all 3. We had some rewards points to use for our food and only ended up going a little over so there was very little out of pocket for meals. To me this was worth it and not too expensive

We decided to go on September 14th , booked on September 15th, and our arrival day was September 25th! Along with me will be my husband Joe and my oldest Emily.

September 25th.

We actually had a later flight and were able to go at a slower pace than we are used to. First we had to drop our off baby girl Gilah.

IMG_5242.JPG

IMG_5241.JPG

We arrived at Metro airport and it was pretty quiet and calm. Although when I went through the scanner apparently they thought I had something in the groin area. I had to be frisked and was offered a private room. I declined. The female TSA agent kept making it sound like it was going to be very uncomfortable and kept repeating herself, I’m sure to make sure I understood but it was fine. They realized I wasn’t a threat to the nation and let me go.

We had lunch at the Jolly Pumpkin. Joe got the carnivore pizza while Emily and I split the fried chicken sandwich. It was very good. I missed the photo opportunity to show you so you'll have to take my word.

IMG_5244.JPG

IMG_5245.JPG

Little bags for little people, who am I kidding there was no room for souvenirs, should’ve listened to @Darstarr. We did contemplate paying for a checked or carry-on bag and putting all our stuff into one suitcase but decided not too. It was a challenge to get clothes and toiletries into that small bag, plus an extra pair of shoes!

IMG_5249.JPG

47587647-975B-46AD-A50F-0EA1DD5AEA79.jpeg

IMG_5246.JPG

IMG_5247.JPG

IMG_5253.JPG

Flight was smooth and there was no excitement on the airplane like you're always hearing about on the news. We walked right to ME since we didn't have to mess with any baggage and was actually surprised, not sure why, when I saw the long line for ME

IMG_5256.JPG

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I love the idea of a spontaneous last minute trip! Glad you guys are off to a great start!!
HI!!

Looking forward to entering our trip report in tandem with yours. We arrived 9/22 and departed 9/26; a slight overlap of our paths.
It wasn't until halfway through Animal Kingdom that I remembered that there were other magicians at Disney and i could have tried for some meet ups. It was just a whirlwind and I was just in the moment and forgot. I hope you enjoyed your trip as much as we did.

Really?

A dog, a few carry ons and more half eaten food?

(wait - I did this already!!)

good start

following

Max
Max,

You're killing me. :hilarious: I took some selfies, everyone loves dogs, and I can't help it. I love food. The last things i usually think about is taking pictures of it.

I'll add more as soon as I can. I actually have work at work today. :rolleyes:

D Hulk

Following! Hulk loves spur-of-the-moment trips. I’ve done a few myself - like visiting Tokyo Disneyland from L.A. with 24 hours notice and no lodging - so I’m interested to hear about your experiences. M

Also, I was in WDW when you were…seeing things for the first time. (I’m still there, in fact.) Wait times have been glorious!

TheMouseFan

Yay! I can't wait to hear about your trip! I am impressed that you were able to pack with just one small bag! There is no way I could have managed that!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Following! Hulk loves spur-of-the-moment trips. I’ve done a few myself - like visiting Tokyo Disneyland from L.A. with 24 hours notice and no lodging - so I’m interested to hear about your experiences. M

Also, I was in WDW when you were…seeing things for the first time. (I’m still there, in fact.) Wait times have been glorious!
I've been following along with your live report too. While we were there low to no waits on most everything. I'm wondering how it will be today and this weekend?

Yay! I can't wait to hear about your trip! I am impressed that you were able to pack with just one small bag! There is no way I could have managed that!
Hello!! I do have to say it was nice not going to baggage or pulling a carry-on.

Perfect start. Dogs and food. I'm in.
There isn't anything better!

Waiting to hear about your trip. I thought on you Monday and where you might be.

Hellloooo!

Following along!
Can you believe I only traded one pin? It was too hot for me to wear my lanyard so I just carried two in my pocket but only saw one that was a keeper.

I'm here! You may continue now. :hilarious:
I've been waiting for you. Thanks

Said No One ever!!!

Here
Season 7 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

If your husband and boys are like mine I'm sure they say that to themselves all the time, just not to you. Or, maybe I'm the one that says that to them? :happy:
Always great to see you! You will be mentioned later on.........

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
The ME line moved fairly quickly and after being scanned we moved to the All Stars Movie line where we waited about 15 minutes. There are some interesting people out there, just so you know. I did chat with the older lady in front of me. She had a backpack in the same Vera Bradley design as my bag. We both think the newer designs are a bit...... unattractive.

My seat mate was delightful,
IMG_5259.JPG

Not that one, this one.

IMG_5257.JPG

On the way to the resort I got a room ready text. We were in the Mighty Ducks section at All Star Movies. I looked on a map and the Mighty Ducks building was right next to the Music bus stop. The driver announced that the All Star Music stop was first so we decided to see if I would be right or wrong. I was right. We walked around some bushes and there was our building.

IMG_5261.JPG

A not so great room photo, just for you Max.
IMG_5260.JPG

After getting settled we went to the front desk to get Joe a new magic band or key to the world card, he didn't care which. I know you have to pay for them now but his previous band has disappeared. Emily, not mine, helped us and she was wonderful. She offered Joe a magic band at no cost and in the color of the one he lost. I figured he'd get a grey one. She did tease him that unfortunately she couldn't have BIG JOE put on the inside like the one he had lost. We then went out to get on a bus to Disney Springs. There was a bus waiting. A big ugly Mears bus.

IMG_5262.JPG

Lit palm trees for @Darstarr

IMG_5263.JPG

I took a deep breath, I did my Disney spin. I have arrived. We needed food. Joe wanted Polite Pig. Emily loves sandwiches. Joe let Emily win. We ate at Earl of sandwiches. I had my first Original, Emily had the chicken avocado, and Joe had one with a lot of onions and aus jus. Everyone like their sandwich but I declared mine was the best.

IMG_5264.JPG

I really wanted to enjoy DS but it was soooo crowded. It wasn't until later that i realized, duh, it's Saturday night. We walked around and looked in just a couple of stores. we walked in to and then quickly out of World of Disney. From just the look of the line I'm sure it would've been the longest line we would've stood in in the 3 short days we were at Disney.

Last edited:

Songbird76

So this trip as most of you already know happened and ended in the blink of an eye. I'm a planner, I love planning our vacations but when we decided to go with such short notice it was so exciting and unbelievable it almost made it one of the best trips. Everything was spontaneous with instant decisions. No time to plan where to eat or what to do other than the parks that were picked. I don't normally talk money but it cost us $1,500 for 3 nights at a value, 2 parks without the hopper for 3 people. That included the $180 roundtrip airfare for all 3. We had some rewards points to use for our food and only ended up going a little over so there was very little out of pocket for meals. To me this was worth it and not too expensive

We decided to go on September 14th , booked on September 15th, and our arrival day was September 25th!

September 25th.

We actually had a later flight and were able to go at a slower pace than we are used to. First we had to drop our off baby girl Gilah.

View attachment 590064
View attachment 590063

We arrived at Metro airport and it was pretty quiet and calm. Although when I went through the scanner apparently they thought I had something in the groin area. I had to be frisked and was offered a private room. I declined. The female TSA agent kept making it sound like it was going to be very uncomfortable and kept repeating herself, I’m sure to make sure I understood but it was fine. They realized I wasn’t a threat to the nation and let me go.

We had lunch at the Jolly Pumpkin. Joe got the carnivore pizza while Emily and I split the fried chicken sandwich. It was very good. I missed the photo opportunity to show you so you'll have to take my word.

View attachment 590076
View attachment 590077

Little bags for little people, who am I kidding there was no room for souvenirs, should’ve listened to @Darstarr. We did contemplate paying for a checked or carry-on bag and putting all our stuff into one suitcase but decided not too. It was a challenge to get clothes and toiletries into that small bag, plus an extra pair of shoes!

View attachment 590080
View attachment 590091

View attachment 590078

View attachment 590079

View attachment 590085

Flight was smooth and there was no excitement on the airplane like you're always hearing about on the news. We walked right to ME since we didn't have to mess with any baggage and was actually surprised, not sure why, when I saw the long line for ME

View attachment 590086
That is one BIG baby!! What kind of dog is she? Besides a big one, I mean.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It’s 9pm and I wasn’t ready to call it a night so we all decided to ride the skyliner, it would be a first for Joe. We took a bus from DS to Beach Club, which smelled fantastic. Walked to IG and had just a 5 minute wait. Epcot was just closing so people were starting to pour out of IG. The good news is Fireworks! It was perfect timing, we watched some while waiting in line. (Enjoy a screenshot of the video I took. :))

B5AD04DF-27CC-422C-960D-DB051775FF7F.png

And a from the skyliner.

2F6F26D9-DDD8-449C-AA90-127525DB3D82.png

We got off at Pop/Art and hoped back on to ride to Hollywood. I was a little nervous because it was past 10 and Hollywood studios closed at 9pm but a CM told us that the skyliners run until 10:30. We got off at Hollywood and took a bus back to Movies.

I'm guessing it was close to 11:00pm by the time we got to the room and settled.

Sunday 26th. Epcot day, opening at 11am. Or so we thought.

Since they opened late we were able to sleep in a bit and I ordered breakfast at the food court. While waiting for our food to be ready Emily and I stopped by the gift shop, how cute is this!!?

IMG_5278.JPG

We didn't wait long and went and picked up the food. I don't like this. To me it makes me think the food will not be fresh.

IMG_5279.JPG

The big reveal….not good.

American Platter - me
IMG_5280.JPG

Ham and Cheese Omelet - Joe
IMG_5281.JPG

Fruit cup for the girl who doesn't like breakfast foods
IMG_5282.JPG

Not good. The bacon and sausage was ok. The rest...not good.

Disney announce that resort guests could enter parks 1/2 hour early. I was very excited and we headed for the bus around 10am.

IMG_5283.JPG

There seemed to be a big controversy about how it was unfair to non resort guests. I didn’t feel that way. I was excited for the extra time or head start from part of the crowd. I guess there were quite a few issues at IG but we entered the main entrance at 10:15. We did get stopped and had to go to guest services for about 5 minutes. We were then let in as I did the Disney spin.

IMG_5286.JPG

I leave you with this not so great picture of Spaceship Earth. I have to get to work. :happy:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom