In the Age of Rethemes How Safe is Rock N Rollercoaster

Brer Panther

I think I once had an idea for a Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Weird Al Yankovich. I don't think Weird Al qualifies as a "rock" musician per say, but I dunno, I think it could work.

Or they could make it Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring the Electric Mayhem. I've heard that idea suggested a few times on this forum.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Is there an actual purpose for a re-theme here or is this just a re-theme a ride because everyone is on a re-theme kick? I don't get it why this ride would be touched. At first when I read this thread I was like well maybe it is because Aerosmith is getting old, but hell when the ride started weren't they considered pretty classic and old then too? I say no need to change the ride and this is coming from someone who doesn't even listen to Aerosmith.

It isn't particularly timeless, relevant, family, or Disney® for one. For two, Hollywood Studios themes have shifted somewhat and RnRC no longer aligns with the park's mission to have attractions showcase a specific studio brand (Marvel, Star Wars, etc) movie franchise or tv show. There's also that rumored overhaul for the entire area of Sunset and Animation Courtyard in the near future. Stands to reason that RnRC will be changed. And Lastly, the RnRC overhaul has been hinted at a few times now. It's going to happen. Just a matter of when.

Last edited:

Mickey Pride

It isn't particularly timeless, relevant, family, or Disney® for one. For two, Hollywood Studios themes have shifted somewhat and RnRC no longer aligns with the park's mission to have attractions showcase a specific studio brand, movie and tv show. There's also that rumored overhaul for the entire area of Sunset and Animation Courtyard in their near future. Stands to reason that RnRC will be changed. And Lastly, the RnRC overhaul has been hinted at a few times now. It's going to happen. Just a matter of when.
I understand what you are saying. One thing it is though is it is very popular. I know however in the past that doesn't mean much though.

Matt_Black

Since there are rumors that Disney is talking to him anyway, what about a Weird Al coaster? Make the coasters look like stretched out accordions, and the story is you're on your to see the Biggest Ball Of Twine In Minnesota! They could play "Dare To Be Stupid" during the ride, it will be great!

FettFan

Since there are rumors that Disney is talking to him anyway, what about a Weird Al coaster? Make the coasters look like stretched out accordions, and the story is you're on your to see the Biggest Ball Of Twine In Minnesota! They could play "Dare To Be Stupid" during the ride, it will be great!

Rock N Polka Coaster

The queue could be entering the famous Split Level Cave Twenty Miles Below The Surface of the Earth (of the Earth).

Moka

I don’t see the current theme going anywhere within the next few years especially with everything that happened this year. But I really couldn’t say what it’d be changed to.

Smiley/OCD

Eventually, Aerosmith will fade to the same level of name-recognition as, let's say, Woody Herman or Tommy Dorsey have today. A re-theme is inevitable at some point. And Disney will probably go with a cheap in-house retheme, so say hello to the east coast Incredicoaster!
Hopefully, we'll all be worm food by then, so it won't matter...keep it the way it is until Aerosmith's contract runs out.

Smiley/OCD

Well, if Disney ever gets the rights to the Beatles...
I'm sure people would find something un-pc about that choice as well...the disheartening thing about your idea is, back in the late 80's/ early 90's, I used to manage record stores...one of the requirements I had in the interview was to name all 4 Beatles...you'd be surprised how many late teen/ early 20 year olds couldn't do it!!! I'm not a big Beatles fan, but jeez...This topic has been brought up MANY times in the past, but if I had to make a choice...Queen

Eventually, Aerosmith will fade to the same level of name-recognition as, let's say, Woody Herman or Tommy Dorsey have today. A re-theme is inevitable at some point. And Disney will probably go with a cheap in-house retheme, so say hello to the east coast Incredicoaster!
... aw what I wouldn’t give for a Woody Herman or Tommy Dorsey coaster. Would actually fit with ToT really well. :T

Heck while your at it gimmie a Stan Kenton coaster. It would never happen but it’d be wild. XD

Heppenheimer

... aw what I wouldn’t give for a Woody Herman or Tommy Dorsey coaster. Would actually fit with ToT really well. :T

Heck while your at it gimmie a Stan Kenton coaster. It would never happen but it’d be wild. XD

Well, the Jungle Cruise, Tower of Terror and Indiana Jones queues feature big band music, and you hear plenty of Martin Denny, Les Baxter and Arthur Lyman Exotica tunes throughout Adventureland and Trader Sam's, so maybe there is a tiny chance...

Heck, my first exposure to (and start of a long lover affair with) Exotica was at Trader Sam's.

Well, the Jungle Cruise, Tower of Terror and Indiana Jones queues feature big band music, and you hear plenty of Martin Denny, Les Baxter and Arthur Lyman Exotica tunes throughout Adventureland and Trader Sam's, so maybe there is a tiny chance...

Heck, my first exposure to (and start of a long lover affair with) Exotica was at Trader Sam's.

Ah!! I love all the old exotica/lounge recordings. Yeah, looking up the track lists and finding out where all the needle drops come from are crazy fascinating. It’s introduced me to a ton of artists like Martin Denny and Esquivel.

As a little kid RRC introduced me to Aerosmith too, so it all comes back around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom