In the Age of Rethemes How Safe is Rock N Rollercoaster

Prog

Not a “PC” issue... it’s an “Aerosmith is old hat” issue. Complain all you want, but it’s the march of time.
I haven’t been on RnR since probably 2007 but I do love it (just not enough to justify admission to DHS). I’ll hate to see it rethemed but I definitely understand why

Mickey Pride

You can't apply the Splash Mountain issue to this one.
I agree 100% that the attraction had ties with a Disney movie that was banned in certain regions for racist overtones throughout it even though I have never seen it. From what I have heard and what I have seen by riding the ride those things were excluded from the attraction. I am all for change and I certainly believe The Princess and the Frog deserve a ride, but not this way. That is far as I am going to go with my stance on that because this thread is about the Rock n Roller Coaster being re-themed not Splash Mountain or The Princess and the Frog.

JIMINYCR

Not a “PC” issue... it’s an “Aerosmith is old hat” issue. Complain all you want, but it’s the march of time.
I haven’t been on RnR since probably 2007 but I do love it (just not enough to justify admission to DHS). I’ll hate to see it rethemed but I definitely understand why

Weve really enjoyed the attraction for years, ridden it multiple times during our planned DHS days, switching between it and ToT. For us its the thrill of the coaster. Even though we do enjoy Aerosmith, we'd accept any bands intro queue set up and great tunes playing along the twists, rolls and turns.

thomas998

Eventually, Aerosmith will fade to the same level of name-recognition as, let's say, Woody Herman or Tommy Dorsey have today. A re-theme is inevitable at some point. And Disney will probably go with a cheap in-house retheme, so say hello to the east coast Incredicoaster!
Yep. I'm actually surprised that it hasn't been rethemed yet. I guess they cut a good deal on the rights to use the music. Maybe they can turn it into the Zip a dee doo dah Coaster.

thomas998

I agree 100% that the attraction had ties with a Disney movie that was banned in certain regions for racist overtones throughout it even though I have never seen it. From what I have heard and what I have seen by riding the ride those things were excluded from the attraction. I am all for change and I certainly believe The Princess and the Frog deserve a ride, but not this way. That is far as I am going to go with my stance on that because this thread is about the Rock n Roller Coaster being re-themed not Splash Mountain or The Princess and the Frog.
Remember this ride is glorifying Rock and Roll which has always been rather sexist, and making it worse you have Aerosmith involved and if you listen to the lyrics to a lot of their music it certainly isn't the G-rated rainbows and unicorns Disney music. Frankly I was always a little perplexed on how Disney ended up using them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey Pride

Remember this ride is glorifying Rock and Roll which has always been rather sexist, and making it worse you have Aerosmith involved and if you listen to the lyrics to a lot of their music it certainly isn't the G-rated rainbows and unicorns Disney music.
Like I said, I don't listen to that sort of music but of course I have heard the songs such as "Dream On", "Walk This Way", "I Don't Want to Miss A Thing", "Crazy", "Cryin'", and "Love In An Elevator". It is kind of hard not to at least know some songs by them. . Regardless of that, Disney if they do decide to go the G-Rated version the ride itself would need a total overhaul other than the roller coaster structure. I have seen people mention Phineas and Ferb which was an extremely popular cartoon on the Disney Channel and they had a Rock Style band. Maybe that could be the route they roll with this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt_Black

How about Mickey's Hot-Digidy-Dog Coaster Dance, featuring They Might Be Giants?

I have a two-year old and a Disney+ subscription, so I here this song EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.MULTIPLE.TIMES.PER.DAY...

I've heard that They Might Be Giants aren't working with Disney anymore. Not that they couldn't come back if Disney makes a good enough offer....

BubbaisSleep

If the Iron Man redo at DLP turns out any good, I'm sure they'll consider it in Florida. Not the same ride of course due to the Marvel contract, but something similar. I'm also not expecting any theme park to add any rides that aren't under construction already due to our economy, so re-theme & overlays on attractions might be popular for some time as it's much cheaper than building a new one.

Ldno

Honestly considering how Disney is going towards in-house licenses, they would rather stop paying Aerosmith their 10million dollar in royalties a year and just re theme this possibly, i mean they did it in Paris, it’s only a matter of time before the Florida one follows sad to say!!

DisneyTalks

C61000BA-6815-4FBC-B5FF-AF1AB110DFF0.jpeg

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Original Poster
If the Iron Man redo at DLP turns out any good, I'm sure they'll consider it in Florida. Not the same ride of course due to the Marvel contract, but something similar. I'm also not expecting any theme park to add any rides that aren't under construction already due to our economy, so re-theme & overlays on attractions might be popular for some time as it's much cheaper than building a new one.
I have no doubt Iron Man is at least being glanced at for DHS even as we speak. "Well Tower didn't get Marvel...so how 'bout Iron Man?"

Matt_Black

I have no doubt Iron Man is at least being glanced at for DHS even as we speak. "Well Tower didn't get Marvel...so how 'bout Iron Man?"

Iron Man, if I'm not mistaken, is off the table thanks to Universal.

I think the reason that Disney/ Marvel is green lighting so many obscure characters into movies (Shang-Chi? The Eternals?!?) is so that they have a wider pool of characters that might strike a chord with audiences and give them a larger selection of characters to use in all the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom