In the Age of Rethemes How Safe is Rock N Rollercoaster

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Original Poster
Honestly I'd give Rock about 5 years before it gets a retheme. I can see them taking it out in favor of a DHS version of Incredicoaster or something along those lines

Last edited:

NelleBelle

No, we don't want to see Rock N Rollercoaster get the Incredicoaster treatment. I prefer Powerline from Goofy Movie as a fitting replacement since it has music as it's theme.
Leave RnR as is! No retheme! And for the life of me, I can't recall one single thing from the Goofy Movie! I think a more recent/popular IP *gasp* if an overlay were required could be Phineas and Ferb's band Phineas and the Ferbtones--their songs were great!

Heppenheimer

Eventually, Aerosmith will fade to the same level of name-recognition as, let's say, Woody Herman or Tommy Dorsey have today. A re-theme is inevitable at some point. And Disney will probably go with a cheap in-house retheme, so say hello to the east coast Incredicoaster!

PSM

I actually wouldn't mind an Incredicoaster theme with that ride from a strictly ride point of view. Being indoors, I feel like it could work, as there's probably a lot more that could be done well with a steel indoor coaster for that type of theme compared to the wooden Incredicoaster in DL.

Again, this is just in relation to the actual ride, though. The disappointing part if it happened is it doesn't fit the theme of that park.

DCLcruiser

I've loved RnRC since soft-openings when I stood outside the gate for 3 hours just for a chance to ride...that being said, Aerosmith is getting old, and the pre-show is getting old (I still love the "Super-stretch" line). Nothing wrong with updating.

erasure fan1

Lets face it, it's going to become the rockin roller-coaster staring the Max Rebo band. And you are trying to get to Jabbas palace in a hurry so you don't get put in Carbonite.

While funny, part of me wouldn't bet against it.

Last edited:

DisneyAndADoleWhip

Like it or not, it would make sense for Disney to retheme. An Incredicoaster theme could lead to a nice Pixar Place area (and there’s already a Cars show nearby). Throw in a couple more flat rides/spinners and Disney ahs an easy area.

Marc Davis Fan

RnRC is one of the few attractions that could actually benefit from a re-theme.

It's not immersive: a "limo" that looks like a barely-disguised roller coaster train on visible track (because that's what it is), 2-D cartoon drawings of random things in LA, etc. Something that allows true suspension of disbelief could be a great improvement.

Caveat: please, please, please, Disney, do not mess up the entrance to the RnRC courtyard so that it distracts from the experience of approaching ToT.

The Grand Inquisitor

Leave RnR as is! No retheme! And for the life of me, I can't recall one single thing from the Goofy Movie! I think a more recent/popular IP *gasp* if an overlay were required could be Phineas and Ferb's band Phineas and the Ferbtones--their songs were great!
Yes ! Phineas and Ferb would be great! They could have a mini land with replacing the (very lame and temporary) Cars show.

champdisney

This reminds me to a time back in 08’ during a Christmas family vacation at WDW, where I asked my family which band would they want to insert into RnRC once Aerosmith’s time runs out. My mom was up for whichever 80’s band, my brother and I were up for something that involved pro wrestling theme music and my sister clamored for the Jonas Brothers! Lmao.

I never laughed so hard over something my sister suggested but seeing that the Jonas Brothers are still relevant today... I think it’ll be best to keep my mouth shut. 🤐

But hey! I think a Powerline coaster would be awesome too!

HongKongFooy

1-Figure1-1.png

"....... make it a super stretch"

(Best to reuse that line as a tribute to the original attraction)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
FWIW, if there's any attraction that should use screenz and projections... it's this one! So I welcome a new overlay if it can add a little more story through that medium instead of more plywood flats and standees. I imagine Aerosmith's days are numbered.

Last edited:

brb1006

How could you not remember anything about Goofy Movie? It's been gaining a huge following in recent years.

Mickey Pride

Is there an actual purpose for a re-theme here or is this just a re-theme a ride because everyone is on a re-theme kick? I don't get it why this ride would be touched. At first when I read this thread I was like well maybe it is because Aerosmith is getting old, but hell when the ride started weren't they considered pretty classic and old then too? I say no need to change the ride and this is coming from someone who doesn't even listen to Aerosmith.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom