In room refigerator

MCRRBA

Hello everyone
I am staying At the CBR in April and have requested a Refigerator. I have heard a rumor that they will no longer be charging $10 a day for this when staying at the moderate resorts. Has anyone heard this? I think they intend to charge me for it so I would like to know if it is true.

74 days to go (but who's counting).....(Me)

JET12monorail

Here's the deal---if you request a fridge when you book the room, expect to pay $10/night for it. However, if you request it when you check in to the hotel (based on availability) one will be provided to you at no additional charge. Have a great time on your trip

Peace :zipit:

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Actually, you heard correctly.

Refrigerators are now complimentary inside all Moderate and Deluxe rooms, so, YES, Caribbean Beach will have fridges.

I was there in early January and had a fridge. It is hidden within a new piece of furniture next to the armoire dresser thingy. And it totally doesn't look out of place.

It was a huge help having it in the room. Great addition all around!!

Upvote 0

MCRRBA

Original Poster
Surfsupdon did you request the refrigerator when you booked, or was it in the room when you arrived, and did they charge you $10 a day for it?
By the way I requested the second floor of Aruba 52. Thanks for all the advise.

Upvote 0

MCRRBA

Original Poster
Thanks again, I will call about the Refigerator since they wanted to charge me for it.
My resevation is for a water veiw so I am looking foward to a great sunrise. (if I get one of those rooms). It will be nice to get out of the Vermont cold weather.

Upvote 0

jcraycraft

We stay at the CBR in Dec and it came with fridge at no charge. BTW we were in Aruba 55.
We stayed at the Ploy and Beach Club in June 04 and neither at that time had a fridge. Not sure when the started add them to rooms???

Upvote 0

TURKEY

jcraycraft said:
We stay at the CBR in Dec and it came with fridge at no charge. BTW we were in Aruba 55.
We stayed at the Ploy and Beach Club in June 04 and neither at that time had a fridge. Not sure when the started add them to rooms???
They started in the fall.

If for some reason there isn't a fridge or it isn't working, just call the front desk and they will have one sent up as a replacement (still no charge).

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Turkey Leg is absolutely correct, as per usual. I had a nice new fridge in my room in Riverside when I was there in December, free of charge!!! Belle

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

MCRRBA said:
Thanks again, I will call about the Refigerator since they wanted to charge me for it.
My resevation is for a water veiw so I am looking foward to a great sunrise. (if I get one of those rooms). It will be nice to get out of the Vermont cold weather.

As a new standard feature, all rooms at the 4 moderate resorts, and the 6 deluxe resorts will come with a refrigerator and a coffee maker free of charge. As of yet not all rooms have them installed so if you do not find them in the room when you arrive, simply call the front desk and both will be delivered.

If you request one when making a reservation, you confirmation will state "refrigerator guarenteed, fee charged by resort.", Don't worry about any charge, the refrigerator will still be free of charge. This is one of our coded comments, and is the same for all resorts. If you stay at a Value Resort the fee is $10 per night, at the Moderate or Deluxe Resorts, the fee is FREE. Enjoy!

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

JPVonDrake said:
As a new standard feature, all rooms at the 4 moderate resorts, and the 6 deluxe resorts will come with a refrigerator and a coffee maker free of charge. As of yet not all rooms have them installed so if you do not find them in the room when you arrive, simply call the front desk and both will be delivered.

If you request one when making a reservation, you confirmation will state "refrigerator guarenteed, fee charged by resort.", Don't worry about any charge, the refrigerator will still be free of charge. This is one of our coded comments, and is the same for all resorts. If you stay at a Value Resort the fee is $10 per night, at the Moderate or Deluxe Resorts, the fee is FREE. Enjoy!

:sohappy:

As always we get the goods from JPVonDrake and Turkey! :sohappy:

When trying to decide between a value (59) a night and a mod (79 a night) for our May trip we went for PORS since it would of really been 69 a night at a value with a refriderator. I am looking forward to being at PORS again (Dixie always in heart) since we haven't been there in 5 years and being DVC don't stay at mods often.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom