In regards to the tri-state 14 day quarantine

PurpleMan

In the Parks
No
Hey all question. I'm from Connecticut, but my family has been quarantining on cape cod in Massachusetts. They are going to disney via Logan airport they are worried about the tristate quarantine order since their licences say Connecticut. They are saving Massachusetts receipts to show they have been on cape cod for the last two months. Will they be allowed to go to disney they are extremely nervous. What should they expect at the airport?
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm going in early September regardless what's going on with this virus and I'm going to have the time of my life!😎

marx

Hey all question. I'm from Connecticut, but my family has been quarantining on cape cod in Massachusetts. They are going to disney via Logan airport they are worried about the tristate quarantine order since their licences say Connecticut. They are saving Massachusetts receipts to show they have been on cape cod for the last two months. Will they be allowed to go to disney they are extremely nervous. What should they expect at the airport?
I asked a similar question calling into the Florida COVID-19 Hotline. We are driving down from NJ and spending two weeks at Hilton Head. Does this satisfy the quarantine? I was directed to email COVID-19@flhealth.gov. The answer I received was: "Whether or not you are subject to the self-isolation order will depend on how you answer the questionnaire at the checkpoint. Questions include your contact information and travel history and travel plans". Not the clarification I was looking for.

SteveBrickNJ

I asked a similar question calling into the Florida COVID-19 Hotline. We are driving down from NJ and spending two weeks at Hilton Head. Does this satisfy the quarantine? I was directed to email COVID-19@flhealth.gov. The answer I received was: "Whether or not you are subject to the self-isolation order will depend on how you answer the questionnaire at the checkpoint. Questions include your contact information and travel history and travel plans". Not the clarification I was looking for.
wdwmagic is not a good source for these types of questions. Try asking on travel forums on tripadvisor.com

SteveBrickNJ

If the jurisdiction that came up with these travel rules can't give a straight answer on their own rules, no other web site is going to do better.
That's true. I will just switch my answer to say that in general I find tripadvisor forums to be very helpful . They have a forum devoted to Air Travel. They have a forum called Road Trips
There is a forum with destination experts for all 50 states. It was my goal to let wdwmagic people know what a helpful website Tripadvisor can be .

3BratsToDisney

Good luck getting any kind of straight answer from anyone linked to that department. I tried and just like you received a generic run around reply. Their very own Governor is keeping silent on reasons for extending the Executive Order so I don't expect any helpful advice or direction anymore. Just waiting it out is all we can do over here and hope for a miracle the tri states are taken off and the new states that have extreme cases rising get added on.

3BratsToDisney

Not sure if this helps anyone here but this is being floated around on other forums

Looks like they officially closed down the checkpoint at the I95 border as of today. Perhaps a sign of updates/changes to the EO but not going to put too much faith into that happening.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not sure if this helps anyone here but this is being floated around on other forums

Looks like they officially closed down the checkpoint at the I95 border as of today. Perhaps a sign of updates/changes to the EO but not going to put too much faith into that happening.
Lol...because they’re the ones spreading it around...not Vice versa.

I see the “hedging” season has begun...it’s really this simple:
If you want to travel to Florida - or any uncontrolled spot - and you return home - follow the rules. Do the quarantine...
Don’t jeopardize your neighbors/community for a vacation. Disney can’t assure you will be protected...you’re not in a bubble there.

There...I’m glad we got that out of the way. Party on, Garth!! 👍🏻

NelleBelle

I don't see MCO listed and that's the airport most people fly in to if they're going to WDW.
Oh, I get that...I just thought that it could be the beginning of the end of that ridiculous order. Personally, if I were comfortable going to FL and I lived in the trip-state area, I totally would be fine going to WDW. I pretty much am a strict rule follower (don't jay walk, always wait for the "walk" signal, drive the speed limit, etc) but this is so a$$-backwards when the trip-state region is practically the only area in the COUNTRY to have reduced their numbers and yet FL is still insisting that they quarantine when they arrive from that area?? Puh-lease! It's beyond messed up. Now, I'd probably quarantine coming back home from FL. But to your original point, I do get that most fly into MCO, just found it interesting that south FL is dropping the quarantine and given that it was from just a few hours ago today, maybe MCO will be following suit 🤞🏻

PurpleMan

In the Parks
No
Oh, I get that...I just thought that it could be the beginning of the end of that ridiculous order. Personally, if I were comfortable going to FL and I lived in the trip-state area, I totally would be fine going to WDW. I pretty much am a strict rule follower (don't jay walk, always wait for the "walk" signal, drive the speed limit, etc) but this is so a$$-backwards when the trip-state region is practically the only area in the COUNTRY to have reduced their numbers and yet FL is still insisting that they quarantine when they arrive from that area?? Puh-lease! It's beyond messed up. Now, I'd probably quarantine coming back home from FL. But to your original point, I do get that most fly into MCO, just found it interesting that south FL is dropping the quarantine and given that it was from just a few hours ago today, maybe MCO will be following suit 🤞🏻
I hear ya. Normally I'm a rule follower myself but my WDW vacation is happening in less than 2 months and I'm going regardless if there's a quarantine or not.

NelleBelle

I hear ya. Normally I'm a rule follower myself but my WDW vacation is happening in less than 2 months and I'm going regardless if there's a quarantine or not.
Good for you! I hope you have a great time! We first cancelled our airstream road trip this summer that included my DS's 8th grade grad trip with a 1/2 marathon in San Francisco, trip to Yosemite, family visit in San Diego, and DLR. So we planned to go to Mt. Rushmore and see the sights out there and hit Yellowstone on the way back home to Washington. DH became too concerned about me being diabetic and the increased numbers of COVID so that just was cancelled :rolleyes: Hopefully the new, shorter trip to the Oregon Coast for a few days next month will pan out otherwise I will go crazy having not travelled anywhere this year (we though Hawaii and Aulani for Christmas but that doesn't look like that's feasible at all, anywhere in HI). So, break that rule and have a blast!🎢😎

PurpleMan

In the Parks
No
Good for you! I hope you have a great time! We first cancelled our airstream road trip this summer that included my DS's 8th grade grad trip with a 1/2 marathon in San Francisco, trip to Yosemite, family visit in San Diego, and DLR. So we planned to go to Mt. Rushmore and see the sights out there and hit Yellowstone on the way back home to Washington. DH became too concerned about me being diabetic and the increased numbers of COVID so that just was cancelled :rolleyes: Hopefully the new, shorter trip to the Oregon Coast for a few days next month will pan out otherwise I will go crazy having not travelled anywhere this year (we though Hawaii and Aulani for Christmas but that doesn't look like that's feasible at all, anywhere in HI). So, break that rule and have a blast!🎢😎
I'm from Connecticut and our governor is encouraging residents to “take in the sights” of our little state instead of traveling to Florida. When I heard him say that on the local news, I was like “HA! fat chance” 😂

NelleBelle

I'm from Connecticut and our governor is encouraging residents to “take in the sights” of our little state instead of traveling to Florida. When I heard him say that on the local news, I was like “HA! fat chance” 😂
Ha! I'm sure if you've lived there a long time, you've probably seen the "sights"! I will say at least in Washington, we've got beach (not warm), rain forest, mountains, desert, islands, lakes--it's pretty varied but good luck to you trying to get anything this time of year! Non-covid years it's impossible, this COVID year? Put the thought right out of your head! Unless you're into roughing it and back-pack in an area that doesn't require a permit (so no Pacific Crest Trail), you are plum out of luck! Hence why we are driving south to Oregon to their beach! 🤣

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Welllllll - there is still a problem.

Getting HOME. Suppose one fly's into FL, has a great vacation, then needs to fly home to NY? What would NY do?
Now, we are not affected - we live in MI. But the "this state quarantines THAT state" thing is getting out of hand. It's generally causing problems with Interstate travel.

Really - I wonder what State #1 does when a trucker carrying goods (like FOOD) goes through banned state #2 en-route to State #1. Anyone know?

3BratsToDisney

Welllllll - there is still a problem.

Getting HOME. Suppose one fly's into FL, has a great vacation, then needs to fly home to NY? What would NY do?
Now, we are not affected - we live in MI. But the "this state quarantines THAT state" thing is getting out of hand. It's generally causing problems with Interstate travel.

Really - I wonder what State #1 does when a trucker carrying goods (like FOOD) goes through banned state #2 en-route to State #1. Anyone know?

From what I understand with NY I think it's mandatory you quarantine when you return? I know they also have some kind of $2000 fine attached to the EO if you don't fill out a form when you return from any of the hot spots listed. I'm in NJ and it's not mandatory, for now voluntary and there is no fine.

Truckers and the like are exempt from any of these EO's. Same with persons who are traveling as an essential worker to assist in another state etc.

It gets very confusing fast on who has to do what and where, and honestly I feel half of this back and forth is a bit political driven. Especially the FL end of it against the tri states.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Um. I applaud your spirit, but do you have kids?

They're taking names and tracking you if you fly back home into Bradley. Your kids won't be allowed back in school for two weeks.

PurpleMan

In the Parks
No
Um. I applaud your spirit, but do you have kids?
Nope. Everyone I've talked to is worried about being "tracked." Realistically the state of Connecticut can't enforce this quarantine of theirs. They're just hoping people will abide by the advisory.

1595367558222.png

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Nope. Everyone I've talked to is worried about being "tracked." Realistically the state of Connecticut can't enforce this quarantine of theirs. They're just hoping people will abide by the advisory.

View attachment 485425
Good luck. I agree, the quarantine is BS, but you're playing with fire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom