In-Park Hotel

jrriddle

Original Poster
Paris has one, Tokyo has one, even DCA has one.
Just for fun...
Should WDW have a Deluxe Hotel "inside" one of the parks?
What should the theme be?
Which park would you like to see it in?

Mateo1721

I think that would be a fun idea.

They could build one in Epcot in the world showcase.

Maybe an English bed and breakfast, or a French Chataeu. Can you imagine waking up and being in epcot....too cool.:D

sissa216

Naw, I think that would take away from the experience. At least definitely not in the MK, because that would take away from the magic.
But it would be fun to set up some tents in the AK and make people fight for themselves. Man vs Beast. It could be a whole new attraction :lol:

BwanaBob

How do they control the 'wandering guest'?

What do they do to allow guests to come and go freely?

Is the Hotel on the perimeter w/ an entrance to the park on the inside?

jrriddle

Original Poster
The Disneyland Hotel in Paris and the Miracosta in Tokyo have separate entrances to the park for hotel guests.
I thought a Art Deco hotel like in Tokyo and being built in HK would look great at MGM.

jrriddle

Original Poster
Originally posted by sissa216
Naw, I think that would take away from the experience. At least definitely not in the MK, because that would take away from the magic.

I disagree, a castle view room at DLP adds so much to the trip.
It's really amazing.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Epcot or MGM

Controlled access isn't a problem...they use gates! :lol:
Similar to the current entrance between France and UK.

Epcot would be easiest. Theme in with one of the countries sounds great, even tuck in behind the Land (crystalline towers) with a lot of solar panels or MS with a futuristic theme (space station):lol:

AK kind of has one already

MGM over by what used to be animation to look like the pink Hollywood Hotel (in Bel Air?) that would stay in theme with the 40's art deco. or a "working" sound studio.

Just can't touch MK...

Bliff

Heck, yes!

The Animal Kingdom Lodge could have been built on the perimiter of Kilimanjaro Safaris - far enough away from the ride's roads so guests couldn't hear the jeeps and the CM's narration, but close enough so they could set up areas similar to the 3 savannahs at the AKL. Perhaps they could have built the nightime "homes" of the animals between the hotel and Kilimanjaro Safaris, so each morning they could "rotate" animals between the safari ride and the hotel's savannah.

Since they didn't do that, how about a hotel in the Magic Kingdom? Clear out the area next to Space Mountain, relocate the Indy Cars if need be, and plop it down. Let the MK Railroad go right through it, sorta like it does at Splash Mountain. There would be a park entrance somewhere so guests could enter the Magic Kingdom from the hotel, and MK guests could go to the hotel for lunch. I don't think this would be too hard; think of the gate at the Rainforest Cafe inside the Animal Kingdom.

Theme? Build it to resemble a famous house in a Disney movie. Could be a palace of some sort, but would have to be different enough from Cinderella Castle to be... well... different - maybe like the castle in Aladdin. There are plenty other homes or buidings or whatever to think of... maybe even an "underwater" themed place a la The Little Mermaid.

Of course, there would be a 2nd or 3rd floor restaurant with windows facing the Magic Kingdom, so not only those that could afford such a hotel could experience the "magic" of this place.

jrriddle

Original Poster
I like the idea of a hotel in World Showcase.
How about a futuristic hotel in Future World at the Gates?
A Contemporary V2?
And even if it's not a park, how about a ski lodge resort at Blizzard Beach?

Sloan

World Showcase hotel

I think that the World Showcase area would be the most logical, and I, for one, love the idea.

cherrynegra

Hi JR!! I said I'd be the first one if you posted this thread.:hammer: Falling behind on my duties.

I have to say that I wouldn't mind seeing a deluxe in park hotel at World Showcase. It's the only park currently that I think could support a hotel in the park and not ruin the theme. However, some have shared some very interesting points of view.

Kwit35

How about Hogwarts, behind Toon Town...Just Kiding.

I love the idea of staying in the World Showcase. Why just have one country though. There could be a central building for check in, etc. Then there would be a building at each country to stay at. Each building blending into the country where it is located, with that countries theming and food.

I would love to wake up, roll out of bed, at hit the park.

jrriddle

Original Poster
Originally posted by cherrynegra
Hi JR!! I said I'd be the first one if you posted this thread.:hammer: Falling behind on my duties.

Ya I noticed. Thanks alot pal.:lol:

iluvstitch

Wouldn't the Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach Club kinda be an example of this? They have a separate entrance into Epcot. I guess the difference is that their theme really doesnt have anything to do w/the Park they are near. -Stephanie

jrriddle

Original Poster
Originally posted by iluvstitch
Wouldn't the Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach Club kinda be an example of this? They have a separate entrance into Epcot. I guess the difference is that their theme really doesnt have anything to do w/the Park they are near. -Stephanie

You are right, but what I'm talking about is the hotel being inside and a part of the park.:D

ArsonWinter

I think that Epcot would have the most versatility when it comes to having a hotel inside a park. After all, at AK and MK, you have to worry about themeing (and sightlines, etc). At MGM... I don't feel that park has a good spot for a new hotel... and hey, if you stay at Epcot, you can pick a country for dinner each night. Not to mention that the closest theme park in relation to Downtown Disney, and Epcot has monorail access to the Magic Kingdom, and I'm sure a walkway could be built to Disney's Boardwalk. So, Epcot would be a great place for a in-park hotel (maybe behind or beside The Land?).

pilka214

i think they should have put ak lodge on the ak savanna. you could take a safari to the park or from the resort, or from the park to the resort. and if they themed it right it would'nt interfere with the park itself. but what is done is done, and personally the resort in a park at wdw wouldnt fit. because the parks weren't made to fit one in. dca doesnt have a theme cept cali. so it fits there.

luvJC4saken

I'm thinking that DCA did it just to conserve space. You don't have that problem in WDW. I don't much about TokyoDisney though.

I'm going to have the experience of walking to Epcot from Boardwalk comingin in less than a week ( !!!! :-O !!!). I'm excited for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom