improvement

Dizknee_Phreek

hmmm, good question...in my opinion, they need to start paying closer attention to small details as they used to and less attention to big 'improvements'. also, they need to start putting all their efforts into making the guests happy (again, as they used to) and stop trying to give the guests more and more to do and see (how much more could we possibly fit into one trip?!)

Katherine

I also think they need a fresh coat of paint on everything! everything needs a little bit here and there.

disnee_phreek I think disney might be think that they more there is to do the longer you'll have to stay to do it all and more. Just my guess!

orangefan15

Instead of building tons of new rides, I'd like to see some rehabs.

Also, STOP CLOSING DOWN ALL THE GOOD OLD RIDES!!! (looks like CoP will be next given how its only open part of the time now :()

Scar Junior

I would like to see more rides based on movies they make.

But that's something that takes a lot of time and money. I think they need to improve guest relations a bit. It now seems like whenever you have a special need or something you're treated like a statistic.

I also miss seeing happy-go-lucky castmembers not doing their job...but rather spending time talking with guests; helping them or just shooting the breeze.

meanmice

Originally posted by Scar Junior
I would like to see more rides based on movies they make.

But that's something that takes a lot of time and money. I think they need to improve guest relations a bit. It now seems like whenever you have a special need or something you're treated like a statistic.

I also miss seeing happy-go-lucky castmembers not doing their job...but rather spending time talking with guests; helping them or just shooting the breeze.

I agree that more "happy" cast members are needed, but I disagree that we should have more movie based rides. Actually I hold the exact opposite view. Most of Disneys originality comes from the rides that have no movies attached to them, ie PoTC and The Haunted Mansion or even CoP. I think that their recent focus on movie themed rides, although some have produced good rides, is not what the park needs.

Testtrack321

I know one thing that would change my whole outlook on Disney make many CM's happy, and bring back kindness, compassion, and love to the World Showcase, bring back Millennium Ed. of ToN!!!

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
I agree w/ meanmice....i think we need more non-movie based rides. i mean I love the disney movies but i like the non-movie based attractions even more

Dizknee_Phreek

katherine, i'd bet money that you're right! i bet that Disney keeps adding things to make us spend more money....it's all about the money these days :(

orangefan, i completely agree! less new rides, more rehabs! it seems like here lately whenever an older ride needs a rehab, they gut it and put in a new ride...either that or shut it down and let it sit empty

meanmice, i also totally agree with you! less movie-based attractions, more originals! those are the ones that are true classics that stand the test of time (providing that their motors do, of course :animwink:)

optjay

Do you think there must be some middle ground on the build or not to build? Disney only builds new big projects now to compete with other parks. While I do agree with the need to rehab and slow down a bit on big projects, if they only rehab they will lose market share to the competion and that means lose of money. If they lose money by losing people, we lose both new rides and rehab.
There must be some middle ground.

Katherine

I agree that they need to stray away from movie based rides. I mean it's okay for Fantasy Land but I think that the other areas do better with originals (btmr,potc,hm,ect.). I don't like it that there taking rides and making them into movies though I like it the other way better, have a great movie and then make the ride! I think disney just needs to take a step back look at what going on, listen to the guests, ride lines, attendance, hotel guests, and then go in and fix it. I think they'll be a lot better off if they did that. They can still work on ride ideas that are already in motion but I think they need to take a break and stop, look, and listen!

Big Pooh

I'll answer this question park by park....

Epcot- Future World West needs a rehab for Living Seas and I would love to see a new weather pavilion between Living Seas and The Land to balance out the traffic after Mission:Space opens next year.

AK- An Austrailian themed land would be great but I'll settle for a new E-Ticket attraction and maybe a new family darkride.

MGM- The only movie based attraction I'd like to see is a Monsters Inc. ride on the opposite side of the park from Sunset Blvd. I'd love to see a coaster based on the door scene or a darkride or even a combination of both.

MK- Either open CoP and Timekeeper all the time or replace them...and do something with the 20k lagoon. Oh...and just for me, build an updated version of the Alice In Wonderland darkride from DL. I love Alice, and she get's NO RESPECT at WDW. :animwink:

Cheers :wave:

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Big Pooh
I'll answer this question park by park....

Epcot- Future World West needs a rehab for Living Seas and I would love to see a new weather pavilion between Living Seas and The Land to balance out the traffic after Mission:Space opens next year.

AK- An Austrailian themed land would be great but I'll settle for a new E-Ticket attraction and maybe a new family darkride.

MGM- The only movie based attraction I'd like to see is a Monsters Inc. ride on the opposite side of the park from Sunset Blvd. I'd love to see a coaster based on the door scene or a darkride or even a combination of both.

MK- Either open CoP and Timekeeper all the time or replace them...and do something with the 20k lagoon. Oh...and just for me, build an updated version of the Alice In Wonderland darkride from DL. I love Alice, and she get's NO RESPECT at WDW. :animwink:

Cheers :wave:

these are some of the best ideas i've heard in quite a while, and i agree with most everything! well said, Big Pooh!

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
hmmm, good question...in my opinion, they need to start paying closer attention to small details as they used to and less attention to big 'improvements'. also, they need to start putting all their efforts into making the guests happy (again, as they used to) and stop trying to give the guests more and more to do and see (how much more could we possibly fit into one trip?!)

Hey Girl! :wave:

I just found this thread and I agree with every single thing you said!

Well done my friend, well done! :sohappy:

P.S. I am sorry for the death in your family :(

drewDAK

I don't think Disney needs to improve at all. Well, maybe a roller coaster park. But, I think the people who visit need to improve. Here are a few pet peeves:

WEAR DEODERANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Watch your kids.
Read the signs.
When driving on 192, make sure you know where you are going.
Don't go to Celebration and ask us if it's real. It is.
Contol your "gas" when waiting in line.
Get out of my way.
Again, WEAR DEODERANT!!!!!!!!!
If you have a New York accent, please refrain from talking.
DO NOT refer to the Magic Kingdom as "Disney World."
Give the bus drivers a break; read the sign on the bus. If it says, "Downtown Disney," he is NOT going to Epcot.
Don't ask what time the 3:00 parade is.
Tell your kids to stop hanging all over the ropes when waiting in line. This one kid knocked me down 3 times when waiting in line for the Teacups.
Stop going on the rides that I like and thus creating long lines. This will eliminate my need for a Fast Pass.
Did I mention, WEAR DEODERANT!!!!?

Scar Junior

Originally posted by Disneyanna0521
I agree w/ meanmice....i think we need more non-movie based rides. i mean I love the disney movies but i like the non-movie based attractions even more

Well, maybe I should clarify. I wasn't thinking right. I meant more Dark rides (perferably one or two based on Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast and an older one or two). What do you guys think about that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom