improvement

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by Scar Junior

Well, maybe I should clarify. I wasn't thinking right. I meant more Dark rides (perferably one or two based on Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast and an older one or two). What do you guys think about that?

You would think the present Disney management would be keen on Dark Rides. After all if its dark it means there not paying for any lighting:dazzle:

Before anyone says it I am extracting the urine.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Well, maybe they could stop spending money on stuff like The Magic Carpets of Alladin or Triceratop Spin. That could have been two great "other" rides... :( But noooooooooo...

Big Pooh

quote by Dizknee-Phreek
these are some of the best ideas i've heard in quite a while, and i agree with most everything! well said, Big Pooh!

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!! Somebody agrees with me. That does'nt happen very often. :lol: :animwink: :p

Cheers :wave:

orangefan15

Originally posted by drewDAK
I don't think Disney needs to improve at all. Well, maybe a roller coaster park. But, I think the people who visit need to improve. Here are a few pet peeves:

WEAR DEODERANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Watch your kids.
Read the signs.
When driving on 192, make sure you know where you are going.
Don't go to Celebration and ask us if it's real. It is.
Contol your "gas" when waiting in line.
Get out of my way.
Again, WEAR DEODERANT!!!!!!!!!
If you have a New York accent, please refrain from talking.
DO NOT refer to the Magic Kingdom as "Disney World."
Give the bus drivers a break; read the sign on the bus. If it says, "Downtown Disney," he is NOT going to Epcot.
Don't ask what time the 3:00 parade is.
Tell your kids to stop hanging all over the ropes when waiting in line. This one kid knocked me down 3 times when waiting in line for the Teacups.
Stop going on the rides that I like and thus creating long lines. This will eliminate my need for a Fast Pass.
Did I mention, WEAR DEODERANT!!!!?

Great list! The deodorant point especially...

To add:
If you are in a HUGE group, stop tying up the damn lines by traveling in a pack of 200....stop skipping lines, 1 person waiting does not entitle the other 199 of you to jump to the front....the fact that you're from a foreign country does not entitle you to act as you do there (my friend actually saw a kid pull down his pants and crap on the ground in the middle of the walkway)

Testtrack321

MORE!

-Don't ask guest relations when the rain will stop, and then ask them if they can make it.
-Yes, FastPass is free, but don't tell everyone, SHHHH!
-No, you can't get a bus to Universal.
-No, you can't catch the Monorial to Orlando International.
-Test Track isn't a rollercoaster.
-Space Mountain dosn't turn you upside down.
-RnR dosn't go at the speed of sound.
-Drew Carry really isn't in your ear.
And the best....
-Don't aks in MK where the Shrek show is.

Yes, I have hear all on boards or by actual people.

Disneynutcase

At MK, I'd like to see more "sprucing up" rehabs of everything, especially the older attractions. And no more PC rehabs. Pirates carried guns, dammit! Of all the parks, I think MK doesn't need too many new attractions. Only exception (in fact, at MK's on both coasts) are the giant puddles that used to have submarines. In Florida, that puddle is a glaring gaping hole in Fantasyland--just doesn't make that area look complete w/o some sort of attraction there. An updated Alice ride sounds great. I'd be happy if they did a Little Mermaid ride. No thrill ride needed. Fantasyland is a kid area. Only other MK suggestion is for management to not be so ridiculous when it comes to CoP and Timekeeper. I've been told that WDW brass gets a head count/room count of potential tourists in the area each and every day. Therefore, if they are expecting at least a moderate amount of people at MK for the day, the least they can do is open one of these two so-called "seasonal" attractions.

I agree that Epcot needs something added to WS. That area hs pretty much been standing pat since the late 80's. Futureworld West (Land/Sea/Imagination side) needs the next big Epcot ride after M:S--here's hoping for another interesting innovative dark ride over something that goes zoom.

To me, MGM has too many shows and not enough attractions, although what rides they have are some of the best rides on the planet. I predict w/in the next decade, this park will have to address this issue and add a few more rides.

Why?

Because after all the recently discussed new attractions/overhaul of Epcot, AK should be getting the next big things, which will make MGM much less popular. Don't know if we'll ever see Beastly Kingdom, but I believe that AK has a lot of potential with the remaining continents that it can add (has anyone ever mentioned South America?) as well as a whole realm of extinct creatures (Mammoths, Mastadons, Sabre-toothed cats, etc) that no one seems to ever focus on.

Last area of improvement, and what's slowly becoming my biggest peeve: stop gouging the guests. It's getting damned expensive to go to these parks--and not just admission prices, but parking, food, lockers, you name it. I guess supply and demand somewhat dictates these prices, but sometimes I feel as if my family is being held hostage if we want some Disney park fun.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Disneynutcase
Last area of improvement, and what's slowly becoming my biggest peeve: stop gouging the guests. It's getting damned expensive to go to these parks--and not just admission prices, but parking, food, lockers, you name it. I guess supply and demand somewhat dictates these prices, but sometimes I feel as if my family is being held hostage if we want some Disney park fun.

i could NOT agree with you more on this! now, i know prices going up is just the way the world is...i mean nothing is priced the way it was 40, or even 30 years ago...but still! Disney's prices have risen ridiculously high just in the 10 years i've been going! it's just insane! i don't even want to know what they'll be 10 years from now! Disney is a place where dreams come true...but apparently, those dreams come at a high price. and seemingly, a price that us 'regular' folk won't be able to afford if it continues to rise at the same pace.

goofyman

Originally posted by drewDAK
I don't think Disney needs to improve at all. Well, maybe a roller coaster park. But, I think the people who visit need to improve. Here are a few pet peeves:

WEAR DEODERANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Watch your kids.
Read the signs.
When driving on 192, make sure you know where you are going.
Don't go to Celebration and ask us if it's real. It is.
Contol your "gas" when waiting in line.
Get out of my way.
Again, WEAR DEODERANT!!!!!!!!!
If you have a New York accent, please refrain from talking.
DO NOT refer to the Magic Kingdom as "Disney World."
Give the bus drivers a break; read the sign on the bus. If it says, "Downtown Disney," he is NOT going to Epcot.
Don't ask what time the 3:00 parade is.
Tell your kids to stop hanging all over the ropes when waiting in line. This one kid knocked me down 3 times when waiting in line for the Teacups.
Stop going on the rides that I like and thus creating long lines. This will eliminate my need for a Fast Pass.
Did I mention, WEAR DEODERANT!!!!?

Ok funny list but easy there with the NY cracks! Remember half of FLA is from NY.LOL:lol:

Katherine

Originally posted by Disneynutcase
Only exception (in fact, at MK's on both coasts) are the giant puddles that used to have submarines. In Florida, that puddle is a glaring gaping hole in Fantasyland--just doesn't make that area look complete w/o some sort of attraction there. An updated Alice ride sounds great. I'd be happy if they did a Little Mermaid ride. No thrill ride needed. Fantasyland is a kid area.

I would love to see a Little Mermaid ride!!:sohappy: I wish it would happen!!

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
that's a cute idea...i personally like the little mermaid but they already have 2 "attractions" w/ the little mermaid 1) ariel's grotton where u can meet her(at MK) and 2) Voage of the little mermaid at MGM

Disneynutcase

Re: a Little Mermaid ride. I agree, they've kind of done a few things with Ariel, but the meet & greet is no big whoop and very expendible. But my logic for suggesting it as a replacement attraction for 20,000 Leagues Subs stems from four points that rattle thru my old cranium.

1) The Little Mermaid is the film responsible for revitalizing Disney animation. Think about it, the offerings prior to Ariel were Oliver & Company, Rescuers Down Under, and Great Mouse Detective--three very forgettable movies and did poorly in their theatrical runs. Since 15 years have more or less passed and Ariel's popularity still remains sky high, I'd think that should merit more than a meet & greet for any MK Fantasyland.

2) They have a pretty big ride space/building that's being unutilized on both coasts with no promise nor real hint of anything to come. To me, it's a total waste. Since the area is already water themed, altering it to Little Mermaid would create less of an overall alteration for that ride area. The only caveat about these ponds remains some bogus rumor about both areas "needing" to have water within the ride building and/or pool area or some sort of collapse/implosion may happen. I never have bought that line of thought being that Disney has some of the best ride engineers in the universe working for them. Surely they can come up with a safe retrofit.

3) Back in the olden days when there was only one Disney park (the one in Anaheim), they used to have female CMs costumed as mermaids stationed on the rocks in the DL Sub lagoon waving to people. Combine that w/ the fact that there was an actual mermaid portion to the old sub rides and you again get some theme continuity to the area.

4) Isn't there actually some sort of Little Mermaid dark ride at Tokyo Disney Sea? If so, then a ride that can be copied or improved upon for the states already exists.

But heck, I've been waiting for a 101 Dalmations, Mary Poppins, and a Jungle Book attraction since the days when those movies first came out. To me, too much of the Fantasylands both U.S. and abroad rely entirely too much on Disney animated hits of the 40's and 50's. If these parks are indeed meant to continue growing, then why do they have such hesitation to put their more undesputed recent hits into some kind of Fantasyland ride form? Only Aladdin has a ride--w/in the last year--and yet they didn't do a dark ride (think of how cool a carpet ride a la Peter Pan's Flight could be).

Big Pooh

quote by Disneynutcase
4) Isn't there actually some sort of Little Mermaid dark ride at Tokyo Disney Sea? If so, then a ride that can be copied or improved upon for the states already exists.

There is actually a whole land called Mermaid Lagoon. Go to www.barrybedford.com and click on the Tokyo DL icon, then scroll down a little and there is a video of ML. It's a really sweet looking place.

Cheers :wave:

Fido

Yes! More dark rides all the way. I don't think dark rides are very popular nowadays with the Disney management. They seem to be more interested in zoom rides now(or maybe the public is more interested in them....who knows).

Katherine

I agree with ya' Fido! I would love to see some of the newer movies made into attractions! The little mermaid would be awesome, maybe alladin or the Lion King too. I think that disney needs to go back to it's roots it's time for some classic dark rides and less extreme rides(anyways these rides can't really be enjoyed by the whole family).

Fido

Katherine said:
>>I agree with ya' Fido!<<

Thanks. We are legion! Heh. :lol:
You know it's kind of funny because the old fashioned dark rides are the ones that a lot of people remember fondly and come back to see. The theming aspect of them really fits in with the theming to the outside of the parks IMO.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Fido
You know it's kind of funny because the old fashioned dark rides are the ones that a lot of people remember fondly and come back to see. The theming aspect of them really fits in with the theming to the outside of the parks IMO.

i agree! most of the classics are dark rides...originals at that (as in not based on a specific Disney movie) i always like those more than movie based attractions..they just really show how far Disney imagineers can stretch their imaginations (and ours as well)
i'll be so glad when/if Disney gets off this 'zoom ride' (i like your terminology there, Fido :animwink: ) kick...and also the spin-you-around-in-a-circle rides...they're nice every now and then...but, as Katherine said (which is an incredibly good point) they can't be enjoyed by the whole family (the rides such as Dumbo, Aladdin, etc can be enjoyed by the whole famiy moreso than thrill rides, but still...3 in one park is just ridiculous!)
now don't get me wrong, i understand that Disney's gotta please everybody and get some thrill rides in there (and heck, i like them too) but they've GOT to start balancing them out better! give us a thrill ride, but also give us a quality dark ride packed with imagination..give us a ride that we can go on ten times in a row and find something different every time. THAT'S the kind of rides i want to see Disney coming out with!

Testtrack321

First, many dark rides need proper themeing and a nice location.

So far AK & MGM don't have good areas for this.

Second, Disney needs more thrill rides to compete with Universal. Sure, should all their rides be this, no, but the Imagineers have been chewing their desks down to toothpicks just to design a good, fast, rollercoaster.

cymbaldiva

It's only my opinion, but.....

Perhaps the Imagineers should focus their talent and energies on creating some really kewl dark rides for MGM and AK as opposed to pulling together a thrill ride.....

They are the Imagineers - I'm sure they could devise some really great locations in MGM and AK to put them! :animwink:

pepsistar

:D BIG POOH--- Best ideas iI have heard in a while. Agree with all of them. I can not believe they have not done anything with all of the area by 20,000 Leagues. Sure would love that Monster's Inc. attraction Sounds like a plan for sure ! WHO do we tell--- :lookaroun :) :veryconfu Do you remember a mineing ride at Disneyland and the Storyboat ride??

gjpjtj

Originally posted by Fido
Yes! More dark rides all the way. I don't think dark rides are very popular nowadays with the Disney management. They seem to be more interested in zoom rides now(or maybe the public is more interested in them....who knows).

:sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom