News Impressions de France only available for limited time in the mornings

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Went to Epcot on Sunday and wanted to see Impressions de France. I lived in Paris in 1978 and 1980 and loved it. When I asked the cast member what happened to the movie, she told me that it only was shown in the morning. She then added that she was very unhappy about it, and she wants people to complain about its replacement, the Beauty and the Beast sing along. If there is one thing I learned in France, it is that the French are very proud of their country, and they should be.
It’s a beautiful country…and remember: no cgi in those days…so the authentic (while dated) film proves it’s worth…

And frankly, tourists need to be less brats about things like this. It’s sad, really…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I actually like the film Everytime it comes to the wedding scene, I always have the realization that those people are probably grandparents by now and I wonder how their lives have turned out?
I suggest skipping a $160 after hours “experience” ticket and donating it to defunctland or yesterworld…so it will live on.
We managed to find a showing in December…but probably won’t be back for awhile (anyone want some points?!🤪)…so I think I’ve seen my last tour 😔

Naplesgolfer

I actually like the film Everytime it comes to the wedding scene, I always have the realization that those people are probably grandparents by now and I wonder how their lives have turned out?
I always think the same thing. I have taken trips and have another planned to see many of the places shown. This is by design. It is a travelog film for France.

Some years back the Director and music arranger for the film gave a interview relaying how a couple wrote him about seeing the film every year and they had been inspired to visit every site in the film and how they renewed their vows in the small church.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I always think the same thing. I have taken trips and have another planned to see many of the places shown. This is by design. It is a travelog film for France.

Some years back the Director and music arranger for the film gave a interview relaying how a couple wrote him about seeing the film every year and they had been inspired to visit every site in the film and how they renewed their vows in the small church.
Sadly…that is a testament to generations gone or aging on the backside…
Instant gratification can never come from such a thoughtful journey.

Naplesgolfer

I haven’t been in that theater since the 90s. I don’t care what they put there.

They could film a new movie with a bent Eiffel tower to make Soarin’ appear more realistic.
You should buy a glass of Champagne from the shop next to the theater and try viewing Impressions next visit , you may be pleasantly surprised. ( if they move it back to evening showtimes )

muddyrivers

Do you recall where you can see or hear this interview? I’m also curious if there’s a list of all the places shown in the film. I’m curious about that small church. It seemed so quaint!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I remember when Disney could make people happy without hammering guests over the head with movie IP every 6 steps. And that meant better business.
It was a more civil, reflective fanbase…

What sucks is the very people that complain about Epcot not being a good environment are also those that support bobs turning it into IP gimmicks lined when booze booths.
Can’t fence sit that much when the park was designed a different way

ohioguy

Nothing is sacred in EPCOT. My favorite film of the big 3 in World Showcase. Build Beauty and the Beast its own theater, please.

Tony the Tigger

It was a more civil, reflective fanbase…

What sucks is the very people that complain about Epcot not being a good environment are also those that support bobs turning it into IP gimmicks lined when booze booths.
Can’t fence sit that much when the park was designed a different way
It was a fan base that didn’t know the internet or CGI.

They couldn’t get hit over the head with Ratatouille, Frozen, or BATB because they hadn’t been made yet.

I can’t believe anyone thinks if Walt owned Frozen, he would have opted to make Maelstrom instead. It was made out of necessity because there was nothing else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom