News Impressions de France only available for limited time in the mornings

Cmdr_Crimson

Meanwhile: Reflections of China is like..
twiddling-thumbs-mister-mr-bean-waiting-checking-time-3vmjnmltyf84qhal.gif

trainplane3

No one will go because that’s obviously not a 9 am priority. This will be an excuse to remove it altogether next year.

Pick the narrative and then make the data needed to support it.
That's exactly what I said but with less words.
This smells of forced obsolescence.
There's nothing more to say other then this flat out sucks.

I know what I'll be doing when I'm there in April. Staying at the Boardwalk will definitely make this much more easier to get to.

Tony the Tigger

Zero reason changing movies in a theater is a “better business decision”…

Just more lazy and cynical from the house of Bob
I can’t believe I have to explain this.

*If* one movie is more popular than the other, then it makes business sense to reduce and/or eventually eliminate the showing times of the one less well attended.

Whichever is more of a people eater is better for business, no matter any person’s nostalgia/childhood memories/nerdiness.

WorldExplorer

The very puzzling thing about this is that the sing-along is one of the worst attractions currently on offer at Walt Disney World. For it to have this amount of time allocated to it in comparison to something that is actually relevant to the France pavilion makes no sense.

Actual relevancy doesn't matter. Anytime anyone tries to suggest that attractions should actually focus on the country someone pops up to remind them (as if any of us forgot) that *movie* takes place in the country in question/something similar to that country and therefore is TOTALLY relevant there.

They've done an excellent job of lowering that bar to the point where it's planted in the ground.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can’t believe I have to explain this.

*If* one movie is more popular than the other, then it makes business sense to reduce and/or eventually eliminate the showing times of the one less well attended.

Whichever is more of a people eater is better for business, no matter any person’s nostalgia/childhood memories/nerdiness.
No cost difference…

…so I have to assume the beast theater is full to agree with your analysis.

Is it?

granfiesta

Even though I love Impressions de France, we were unable to get to it during our race weekend trip in January. My wife and I will be going back in April for the next race weekend and we WILL be going to this, even though we may miss out on other attractions. We have one day in Epcot, and it's easy to see the writing on the wall that this is probably going away, which is an awful decision. I gave the BatB sing along a viewing and it was awful and terrible.

For whatever it's worth, I did send a short, but polite email also.

MerlinTheGoat

No cost difference…

…so I have to assume the beast theater is full to agree with your analysis.

Is it?
From my observations, Impressions generally gets a larger crowd than BATB. I've seen a ton of people walk away disappointed when they approach and find out BATB is playing. If Disney claims to have data saying BATB is more popular, then i'm calling BS on whoever is responsible for counting. In this case, I legitimately don't understand what they're trying to accomplish by pushing an attraction that scarcely anyone watches, let alone likes. Unless there's some sort of extra expense (royalties, legal etc) involved with running Impressions that doesn't affect BATB...

Sonconato

Went to Epcot on Sunday and wanted to see Impressions de France. I lived in Paris in 1978 and 1980 and loved it. When I asked the cast member what happened to the movie, she told me that it only was shown in the morning. She then added that she was very unhappy about it, and she wants people to complain about its replacement, the Beauty and the Beast sing along. If there is one thing I learned in France, it is that the French are very proud of their country, and they should be.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
From my observations, Impressions generally gets a larger crowd than BATB. I've seen a ton of people walk away disappointed when they approach and find out BATB is playing. If Disney claims to have data saying BATB is more popular, then i'm calling BS on whoever is responsible for counting. In this case, I legitimately don't understand what they're trying to accomplish by pushing an attraction that scarcely anyone watches, let alone likes. Unless there's some sort of extra expense (royalties, legal etc) involved with running Impressions that doesn't affect BATB...
I’ve pulled that move about 15 times…but in a “purist” 😎🇫🇷

MerlinTheGoat

Went to Epcot on Sunday and wanted to see Impressions de France. I lived in Paris in 1978 and 1980 and loved it. When I asked the cast member what happened to the movie, she told me that it only was shown in the morning. She then added that she was very unhappy about it, and she wants people to complain about its replacement, the Beauty and the Beast sing along. If there is one thing I learned in France, it is that the French are very proud of their country, and they should be.
That's another interesting thing I noticed. Quite a few of the cast members working at the France pavilion have been uncharacteristically open and loud about their distaste for the BATB invasion. Heard it from a number of different cast members on different days, loud enough to be heard even quite a distance away among a pretty loud crowd.

I've been visiting Disney World for over 30 years now, and i've pretty much never heard cast members so openly and boldly badmouth an attraction like that for everyone to hear. I'm proud of them for doing it and find it refreshing, though I sincerely hope they don't get in trouble.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom