Important people visiting Disney....

CThaddeus

Since this was vague enough to say only Disney parks, I can list the people I've encountered and/or met at Disneyland. They're not necessarily "important," but they are famous:
Tony Baxter - three or four times. I spent about 20 minutes talking to him once. They were some of the best minutes of my life.
Andie McDowell - Caught in a huge crowd during Thanksgiving next to me. We jostled our way past Storybook Land together (though I doubt she noticed me)
Neil Patrick Harris and Robyn Lively (both on "Doogie Howser" at the time) - Ended up behind him a number of times one day right after Toontown opened.
Marie Osmond - While working Star Tours I was bumped just as Marie Osmond came up to the cabin I was running.
Nicholas Cage and his then wife at the time (can't remember her name, but she's on "Medium") - Rode in the sub just behind the one I was operating (am I dating myself here, or what?).
Lance Henrickson - Right after I started working there he came up to my ticket booth at the Disneyland Hotel. He was with his family and I convinced him to show me his southern California ID so he could get the discount rate. He almost didn't show it to me, perhaps fearing recognition, but he would have had to show it anyway as he paid by credit card.
There are others, but my addled brain can't seem to dredge them up right now.

bgraham34

I forgot i ran into Martin Short at MGM.

My friend said about Michael Jordon he watched Jordon the whole time and did not really enjoy the ride. He laughed when Jordon had to duck.

Diztechie

Mr. Jordan should not have had to duck. IIRC, he's 6'6" or 6'7". I'm 6'8", and have never HAD to duck on BTMRR... although I still feel like I need to from time to time. :rolleyes:

Oh, yeah, forgot Michelle Kwan, David Robinson, Takeo Spikes, and Karl Malone during the ESPN weekend back in March of this year. My wife and daughters have pictures with Ms. Kwan, and my boys got pictures with Mr. Robinson.

PintoColvig

I once saw Roy Jones, Jr., the professional boxer, at Epcot. He had this "posse" that was 10 people strong. Two walked out front of him like sentinels and the rest trailed behind. It was pretty funny to see.

LSUxStitch

PintoColvig said:
I once saw Roy Jones, Jr., the professional boxer, at Epcot. He had this "posse" that was 10 people strong. Two walked out front of him like sentinels and the rest trailed behind. It was pretty funny to see.

I never understood why a professional boxer needed "body guards" lol, you would think they would be able to defend themselves.

PintoColvig

LSUxStitch said:
I never understood why a professional boxer needed "body guards" lol, you would think they would be able to defend themselves.
You wouldn't think Jean Claude Van Damme would need body guards either but he got his butt kicked once by a guy smaller than him!:lol:

DisneyGrown-Up

CThaddeus said:
Nicholas Cage and his then wife at the time (can't remember her name, but she's on "Medium") - Rode in the sub just behind the one I was operating (am I dating myself here, or what?).

You're thinking of Patricia Arquette. The Arquettes are pretty wacky (especially Alexis, easily one of the best parts of the current season of "The Surreal Life"), but how was Patricia?

Oh, and regarding Lance Henriksen...If you were to mention him by name, do you think he would grab a knife, put your hand on the counter and do the knife trick from "Aliens"? He is a pretty scary-looking guy.

Sincerely,

John "DisneyGrown-Up" Kilduff

ctwhalerman

LSUxStitch said:
:eek: Michael Jackson

No joke, my younger sister and my father were shopping in the World of Disney store at the Marketplace, and they were in the back of the store when my father saw Michael himself come out of some door, with two little kids dressed in Spiderman suits (only God knows...). He said Michael looked like an alien.

My father was apparently very excited, but when he told my sister, she didn't even care. Turns out she didn't even really know what Michael Jackson looked like!

tink rules

Original Poster
ctwhalerman said:
No joke, my younger sister and my father were shopping in the World of Disney store at the Marketplace, and they were in the back of the store when my father saw Michael himself come out of some door, with two little kids dressed in Spiderman suits (only God knows...). He said Michael looked like an alien.

My father was apparently very excited, but when he told my sister, she didn't even care. Turns out she didn't even really know what Michael Jackson looked like!

That's ok... because neither does Michael Jackson.... :lol:

Mr.Pickles

Account Suspended
Mr.Pickles will be at Disney world this coming weekend 4/28-5/1!!!

Mr.Pickles would love to meet his fans, so one nite only on 4/29 at Epcot, in front of the dancing waters foutain at 6:30 pm, Mr.Pickles will be signing autographs,( for a fee ). Mr.Pickles would like everyone to come meet the man you all want to be, or be with, ho, ho, ho, ho.

No Photographs please.

Do not ask Mr.Pickles for money, for you will not get any.

If Mr.Pickles asks you to leave, you will be allowed three second of astonishment to be spoken to by Mr.Pickles, then you must leave promptly.

Mr.Pickles tip of the day #15:

Mr.Pickles considers this board like chocolat cake. We all like chocolate cake. You may like the icing, but Mr.Pickles like the devils food, the meat of the cake. Where as the icing is important, its the devils food that is the heart of the cake.Your opinion is icing. Mr.Pickles is devils food.

TAC

TAC will want an autograph. After TAC hands Mr. Pickles his money for said autograph, TAC's friend will go and show Disney security the video of the said "transaction," which will then get Mr. Pickles removed from Disney property. :D

Mr.Pickles said:
Mr.Pickles will be at Disney world this coming weekend 4/28-5/1!!!

Mr.Pickles would love to meet his fans, so one nite only on 4/29 at Epcot, in front of the dancing waters foutain at 6:30 pm, Mr.Pickles will be signing autographs,( for a fee ). Mr.Pickles would like everyone to come meet the man you all want to be, or be with, ho, ho, ho, ho.

No Photographs please.

Do not ask Mr.Pickles for money, for you will not get any.

If Mr.Pickles asks you to leave, you will be allowed three second of astonishment to be spoken to by Mr.Pickles, then you must leave promptly.

Mr.Pickles tip of the day #15:

Mr.Pickles considers this board like chocolat cake. We all like chocolate cake. You may like the icing, but Mr.Pickles like the devils food, the meat of the cake. Where as the icing is important, its the devils food that is the heart of the cake.Your opinion is icing. Mr.Pickles is devils food.

mr pickles= BEST POSTER EVER!!!

disney9752

lets see, back in 1992 i bet mark walhberg after he performed at PI on 4th of july, saw betty white at d-mgm, met roy disney once at the contemporary after we got of the monorail, and last i belive met john schnider (forgive my spelling) in mk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom