Imagineer's little something... question.

StitchMad

Original Poster
As some people may know, when an attraction is closed the imagineers may leave something to remember it by. For example, on the Pooh ride at MK, there is a picture of Mr. Toad hung on the wall (Mr Toad was there before). Across the street was 20,000 Legues under the Sea. If you look above the window on Pooh's (playful corner) house, you can see (in the knot) a submarine.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a site with a lot of these listed, or if anyone knew any more around Disney World of which myself (and other members) could go look for.

Thanks!
StitchMad

Captain Hank

I don't know of any particular sites that list the little reminders of past attractions, but:

--The first car on the right as you enter the Test Track queue is from World of Motion.
--The planter between Innoventions East and Mission: Space is in the shape of the old Horizons building.
--The old Horizons logo is visible in two places in Mission: Space, one at the center of the gravity wheel in the queue, and another on the gift shop's counter.
--The Jeopardy announcer in Ellen's Energy Adventure makes a reference to "Energy, you make the world go 'round," one of the songs in the previous incarnation of the attraction.
--Dreamfinder is memorialized in the current version of Journey Into Imagination with a door marked "Dean Finder."
--Some of the prisoner teleportation pods in Stitch's Great Escape have old XS Tech logos from Alien Encounter. (and Alien Encounter, itself, referenced 'Mission to Mars,' the previous occupant of the space, in its pre-show)
--The Tomorrowland area music includes "Now is the Time" from the original WDW version of Carousel of Progress, "If You Had Wings" from the attraction of the same name and "Miracles from Molecules" from Adventure through InnerSpace (an extinct Disneyland attraction).

I know there are a ton more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Edit: also, the full Innoventions music loop, which is only heard in a small area of MouseGear, includes lots of old Epcot music, such as "Listen to the Land," "Energy, you make the world go 'Round" and "New Horizons." The Land's area music also still features "Listen to the Land."

Further edit: One of the old Dream Mobile props from the original Journey Into Imagination sits above the CD and DVD section of MouseGear
--The Living with the Land fastpass machines still bear The Land's logo.
--Until fairly recently, Figment's Place featured the old Imagination logo.

Chape19714

I'm not aware of any site that contains a list. There are several referances...it's safe to assume that almost every attraction that replaced an older one pays homage to the former attraction. Specifically coming to mind are Test Track, Mission Space, Universe of Energy, Pooh, Toy Story Mania, Tomorrowland in general has homages to the former T-land attractions, and many others. If you search for the attraction individually you'll be able to find something.

Captain Hank

I'm not aware of any site that contains a list. There are several referances...it's safe to assume that almost every attraction that replaced an older one pays homage to the former attraction. Specifically coming to mind are Test Track, Mission Space, Universe of Energy, Pooh, Toy Story Mania, Tomorrowland in general has homages to the former T-land attractions, and many others. If you search for the attraction individually you'll be able to find something.
Where's the reference in Toy Story Mania?

krankenstein

At the end of Journey Into Your Imagination the wall comes down and all the figments appear singing. If you look at the top of the sheet music you will see an image of the Dream Mobile with Dreamfinder piloting it.

As you return to the load station to exit TSMM you pass a bookshelf that is painted on the wall. If you look at the books one of them says Tin Toy and in the authors place it says Lessater. This refers to John Lessater's Academy Award winning short, Tin Toy.

raven

Some others come to mind.

-A few bars of the theme from "Magic Journeys" can be heard in area music in Future World.

-The Nautilus is carved inside the tree above the door in Pooh's Playful Spot.

Another thing Imagineers like to do is cross characters from other movies and attractions in hidden places. Like Stitch's Red Spaceship can be seen in the mural on the wall after getting of Buzz Lightyear. Stitch's voice can also be heard in Finding Nemo: The Musical during the dentist cross-over scene.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't know of any particular sites that list the little reminders of past attractions, but:

--The first car on the right as you enter the Test Track queue is from World of Motion.
--The planter between Innoventions East and Mission: Space is in the shape of the old Horizons building.
--The old Horizons logo is visible in two places in Mission: Space, one at the center of the gravity wheel in the queue, and another on the gift shop's counter.
--The Jeopardy announcer in Ellen's Energy Adventure makes a reference to "Energy, you make the world go 'round," one of the songs in the previous incarnation of the attraction.
--Dreamfinder is memorialized in the current version of Journey Into Imagination with a door marked "Dean Finder."
--Some of the prisoner teleportation pods in Stitch's Great Escape have old XS Tech logos from Alien Encounter. (and Alien Encounter, itself, referenced 'Mission to Mars,' the previous occupant of the space, in its pre-show)
--The Tomorrowland area music includes "Now is the Time" from the original WDW version of Carousel of Progress, "If You Had Wings" from the attraction of the same name and "Miracles from Molecules" from Adventure through InnerSpace (an extinct Disneyland attraction).

Edit: also, the full Innoventions music loop, which is only heard in a small area of MouseGear, includes lots of old Epcot music, such as "Listen to the Land," "Energy, you make the world go 'Round" and "New Horizons." The Land's area music also still features "Listen to the Land."

Further edit: One of the old Dream Mobile props from the original Journey Into Imagination sits above the CD and DVD section of MouseGear
The planter was left over from Horizons and is not new construction. Weather it was left there deliberately as a tribute to Horizons is anyone's guess but it was not purposely built to be a tribute.

There is however a tribute to mission to Mars inside M:S. When you pass mission control just before entering the centrifuges a portion of the original movie used in mission to Mars is playing on some of the monitors.

TheDisneyMagic

Just to add a little one to your Journey in to Imagination with Figment, in the last scene with the rising screens once the screens lift if you look on the Music Notes hanging down you can see a picture of the Dream Machine from the original Journey into Imagination above the lyrics of One little spark.

Jerm

Another thing Imagineers like to do is cross characters from other movies and attractions in hidden places. Like Stitch's Red Spaceship can be seen in the mural on the wall after getting of Buzz Lightyear. Stitch's voice can also be heard in Finding Nemo: The Musical during the dentist cross-over scene.

I have never heard of either one of those. I know the Stitch Spaceship is in the shop at the exit of Stitch. But the "Stitch" voice is something I have never heard, what does he say?

Mr.EPCOT

--the full Innoventions music loop, which is only heard in a small area of MouseGear, includes lots of old Epcot music, such as "Listen to the Land," "Energy, you make the world go 'Round" and "New Horizons." The Land's area music also still features "Listen to the Land."
--One of the old Dream Mobile props from the original Journey Into Imagination sits above the CD and DVD section of MouseGear
--At the end of Journey Into Your Imagination the wall comes down and all the figments appear singing. If you look at the top of the sheet music you will see an image of the Dream Mobile with Dreamfinder piloting it.
--A few bars of the theme from "Magic Journeys" can be heard in area music in Future World.
--The Nautilus is carved inside the tree above the door in Pooh's Playful Spot.

In addition:
--During the Ellen's Energy Adventure exterior background music, you can hear what I call the pulsing chime sound from the beginning of the original Universe of Energy theme song.
--On Star Tours, you can see the Mighty Microscope as you're just about to leave the cargo area that Captain Rex has accidentally turned into, if you look in the bottom right of the screen.
--The Living Seas logo is still in a couple of spots throughout the Seabase, in the top and bottom sections of the manatee exhibit.
--In the queue for Splash Mountain, you can see a poster for a trio of alligator musicians known as The Swamp Boys. They were seen in America Sings, the show that replaced the Carousel of Progress at Disneyland. Many of the Audio-Animatronic critters at the Disneyland version moved from America Sings to Splash Mountain, with copies then made for the Magic Kingdom.
--Dinosaur has "CTX 1998" stenciled on each time rover, CTX being short for Countdown to Extinction, the original name of the ride, and 1998 for the year the ride and Animal Kingdom opened.

There is however a tribute to mission to Mars inside M:S. When you pass mission control just before entering the centrifuges a portion of the original movie used in mission to Mars is playing on some of the monitors.

Do you mean Mission to Mars, the classic Disneyland and Magic Kingdom attraction, or Mission to Mars, the Gary Sinise feature film suckfest?

Unfortunately, this tradition seems to have fallen somewhat by the wayside, as there are no known refrences to Timekeeper or even Circle-Vision in Monsters, Inc. (nothing in Buzz Lightyear at Disneyland for Circle-Vision or Rocket Rods, either, now that I think about it), and nothing for the soundstage tours or Who Wants to Be a Millionaire at Toy Story Midway Mania.

Jerm

(nothing in Buzz Lightyear at Disneyland for Circle-Vision or Rocket Rods, either, now that I think about it)

That one is not ture....you just have to know where to look. There are actaully 2 things from Circle-Vision in Buzz here at DL. One of these days I will get a good picture of them.

olmec26

Additionally, someone calls Mr. Johnson, the Mission to Mars host, in the ambiance after the first preshow.

Captain Hank

--Dinosaur has "CTX 1998" stenciled on each time rover, CTX being short for Countdown to Extinction, the original name of the ride, and 1998 for the year the ride and Animal Kingdom opened.
Along that line, the fire station on Main Street is number 71 and the mail box in Living with the Land is house number 82. I'm sure I've seen the number 89 somewhere in the Studios, but I don't remember where.

Oh, and an apparent upcoming reference: the theater that will house the American Idol Experience will be named the "Superstar Television Theater."

And, the tiles embedded in the concrete around the Magic Carpets of Aladdin were from the old buildings that were taken down to accommodate the new Aladdin theme area.

raven

I have never heard of either one of those. I know the Stitch Spaceship is in the shop at the exit of Stitch. But the "Stitch" voice is something I have never heard, what does he say?

I couldn't make out what he says because he's the dentist's patient...and it's hard to understand Stitch anyway sometimes, lol. But I'm going to the show again tomorrow and will try to listen more carefully.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Do you mean Mission to Mars, the classic Disneyland and Magic Kingdom attraction, or Mission to Mars, the Gary Sinise feature film suckfest?
The original MK and DL attraction video is what I was referring to though there are references to the movie all over M:S as the attraction was originally based on it.

brkgnews

The planter was left over from Horizons and is not new construction. Weather it was left there deliberately as a tribute to Horizons is anyone's guess but it was not purposely built to be a tribute.

Ah, yes... the crash landing bird. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom