Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Brer Robbie

Lab 82
Merging the optimistic view of Future World and the international essence of the World Showcase will be Lab 82 at The Odyssey. Guests are invited by The EPCOT Center's leading "food scientists" to try out their versions of dishes from around the world with the twist of using innovative techniques and ingredients. The restaurant will use a preset menu set-up similar to The Garden Grill with seasonal changes and updates. The dining room will be a minimalistic mix of white, metal, and glass so that the two focal points of an open kitchen, and the kinetic landscape of Future World merging into the World Showcase shown through giant glass windows dominate the space.

michmousefan

Sorry I missed the last challenge - combo of work and travel got the better of me. Moving on:

Epcot's Wonderful World of Flavor

Simultaneously presenting food and educating guests on how to prepare it, this new, one-of-a-kind restaurant will boast a dining room and a "kitchen theater" which will have daily competitions among local and national chefs as they create new and intriguing dishes in a wide variety of cuisines. The restaurant portion will feature the most popular winning items from previous competitions and the menu will be updated on a regular basis, with some menu items achieving "hall of fame" status. The theater will offer both major-scale competitions as well as "quick takes" during the day offering smaller-scale cooking tips and techniques. A culinary gift shop will be stocked with gadgets and tools that every kitchen of the 21st century will want to have.

FigmentPigments

Food Fest
full

Taking a page from Epcot’s dedication plaque, Food Fest promises to entertain, inform, and inspire guests in this new sit down restaurant located in the Odyssey building using the many innovative cooking techniques that are growing in prominence. For Lunch, guests are treated to a menu inspired by Fusion Cuisine, such as French Vietnamese and other combinations, sure to inspire the palate with such tasty treats as Wasabi Tuna Sliders, and Baked Pumpkin Wontons (a mix of pumpkin, cream cheese, and spices). Dinner is sure to entertain guests with its emphasis on Molecular Gastronomy (and other disciplines), and if you are the lucky table, a chef will prepare your food using thermal immersion baths, centrifuges, and possibly liquid nitrogen for the enjoyment of all of the restaurant guests out in the main dining area. If your table is not quite ready, please enjoy a relaxing beverage at Sippers, a bar located outside the main dining room with a wide array of spirits and non-alcoholic beverages. If you sign up for one of the Food Showcase Tours, you can meet the head chef of Food Fest where he or she will not only show you around the kitchen and inform you on how the kitchen is run daily, but also teach you and your party to make a signature dish of the restaurant.

The Excavator

CommuniCore Terrace

Themed similar to the Tomorrowland Terrance in the Magic Kingdom, this quick service restaurant will be an extension of CommuniCore, continuing the futuristic themes of the area. The restaurant will be very modern, and house interactive elements such as robotic servers that take your orders, lighting above tables that lets you know if a table is open, and automated trashcans that recycle your garbage on sight. CommuniCore Terrance will embody the spirit of Future World in a bold new way.

kmbmw777

img_a4c7-5d15__85092_zoom.jpg

Starship NOVA

Starship Nova, inspired by the new craze in outer space due to box-office hits like Star Wars, seats guests inside of a train-like spaceship, in which windows show views of various planets (with some Star Wars cameos) and other galactic bodies.

The restaurant opens into a star dock lounge, which connects to 3 “loading docks” where the three “spaceships” are.

Meals take around an hour, cast members then get 30 minutes to prepare the starship for the next wave of guests, so that new guests can be shuffled in every hour and thirty minutes per starship.

Guests are encouraged not to leave their spaceship during their stay, as there will be everything one needs on board (including bathrooms, changing stations, etc.)

This restaurant will be reservations only and will have a prefix menu served with food from all around Earth to show our unification in the new galactic age.

spacemt354

Chili's
Ok first review!
World Culinary Odyssey

The Odyssey is strategically located between Future World and World Showcase, and literally bridges the water separating World of Motion from the Mexico pavilion. This makes it an excellent location for a “World Culinary Odyssey” – a restaurant featuring cuisine from countries not represented in World Showcase. Such a concept would put food as the centerpiece to highlight cultural diversity, as well as underscore that the ten country pavilions (including the newest representative Columbia) aren’t the only threads in our tapestry of nations. Imagine finding Pad Thai on the same menu with Jamaican Jerk Chicken, Sheesh Kabobs, Moussaka, Borscht and Tikka Masala, and perhaps a dessert buffet featuring Baklava, Brazilian Arroz Doce, and Lingonberry-Cranberry cakes from Finland. Rounding out its distinct gastronomic experience, World Culinary Odyssey will feature guest chefs, specials highlighting native country dishes (such as broiled conch from Sealand :hilarious:),and month-long festivals celebrating the unique foods of a particular country.
Haha you just keep crushing the "kudos for getting it in first" compliment:hilarious: I only keep acknowledging that because its tough - the first submission sets the stage for everyone else...and its always the first I read too, so I have nothing to compare it to yet. Nevertheless, here we go.

I like the idea of it being a culinary experience for countries not in world showcase (almost like a permanent Food and Wine Festival) - and nice nod to the Columbia addition!

As for the dishes, they all look and sound fabulous (maybe its my love for all-you-can eat Baklava, idk:p) But overall, I really am straining to find something to improve with this. The one thing I could say (maybe?) is that it feels like the go-to idea for the Odyssey? Seeing its location and relative separation in theme from Future World, and walkway connection to World Showcase - but if its go-to...why not do it? Overall, great work yet again!

spacemt354

Chili's
Profoodsion

modern-restaurant-furniture-design-idea-615x410.jpg

Located within The Odyssey is an unique dining opportunity; the astronauts of the EPCOT Space Station have invited earthlings to dine with the stars as they float through the galaxy. Earthlings will be sat down in a modern restaurant, as skylights and windows reveal the fact that they are in space. Guests can order any of the space themed menu options, but the highlight here will be the dessert. Expect the Milky Way Shakes to be a galactic sensation in your mouth, or perhaps you would want to have EPCOT Center's own blend of Astronaut Ice Cream? No matter the case, Profoodsion is for you!​
I hope it's not just my computer but I can't see the image for some reason. I couldn't see Disney Dad's last round either - so I hope this isn't a trend of not seeing images (if someone else can see it an explain it that would be helpful)

But the main project ( the text) I can see;) And that's most important. Wow, a restaurant themed all around me? Space?:rolleyes::p How thoughtful.

I love the theme, my one concern is it seems like an ice cream parlor more than a restaurant with food. If there was food, I would have liked to see at least a reference to why kind of food it was. Other than that though, milkshakes in space? How could you go wrong:hungry:

spacemt354

Chili's
It's "your future - your way" at The Odyssey quick service and table service restaurant at the edge of Epcot's Future World, sponsored by Commodore 64.

If you're short on time, stop at any of several food carts outside the restaurant for a "grab and go" experience featuring pizza, hot dogs, etc; or grab an ice cream or souvenir from one of the carts after your indoor family meal.

If the little ones have tired feet, the main entrance takes you right into our quick service line where you can purchase burgers, pasta, salads, and the like - with scenes from the new smash futuristic Disney film Tron on the disposable soda cups.

For a more traditional meal, enter and go to your left where you'll experience a nice but moderately priced sit-down buffet, and ask your server for one of four collectible plastic souvenir cups with those Tron images on them.

Whichever way your future meal takes you, you'll find a kiosk made up of several new Commodore 64 computer terminals on which you can perform amazing tasks and watch scenes from the movie.
Can I just say - I love the sponsor!! Commodore 64:D Perfect fit in the time period.

Also Tron? Another relevant nod to the time period. I really enjoy the options that this restaurant has, with a quick service area and a buffet, really inventive and way to make use of two different guest styles in the park. Given the space of the restaurant though, it may be tough to fit it all in...you may have to do something like Be Our Guest where its quick service converted to table service at night, but overall fantastic job!

spacemt354

Chili's
kitchenkabaret.jpg
Fun With Food
The characters from Kitchen Cabaret invite you into the dining room and perform a diner show while you eat. With brand new acts different from the show the healthy food performs great such as just eat it. The restraint serves food in special plates with each part of the meal in another part of the food plate. Type of food served healthy modern meals.
Ah

What a great Epcot classic - I really appreciate this idea - my one suggestion though, would be that its located in the Land, rather than on the more tech-based, space side of the park. Future World West, especially close by the show Kitchen Kabaret in the Land Pavilion, would be an amazing addition!

spacemt354

Chili's
MAGNETIC Restaurant
AT THE ODYSSEY

MAGNETIC will be the first fine dining american restaurant in Epcot! Serving top dishes like Filet Mignon, Wood-Fire Grilled Burgers, Crispy Chicken Tenders and Truffle Cheese Ravioli; It is sure to be on many must-do's. The atmosphere is that of a restaurant floating in the sky by mega magnets in the year 2222. Screens simulate views of a futuristic city at night (picture Tomorrowland Movie meets Tron). What will separate this from other fine dining restaurants at Epcot will be its theme of the future, not to mention throughout the restaraunt different futuristic engines turn on (they act like they are steering the restaurant in the sky, or changing altitude; you can visually see what they are doing by looking at what direction you are going by looking out the simulated windows). Featuring a TRONesque blue look like Test Track, this restaurant is sure to take you from around the world to the future!
Hmm - very interesting decision here. While I love the view of the future and time period shift towards a new tomorrow, I think based on all that, this restaurant would fit perfectly in Tomorrowland moreso than Epcot Future World. To me, Future World always looked towards what we can do tomorrow and into the 21st century, so placing it way off into the future, almost feels more in line with what Tomorrowland represents more than Future World. But other than that - there really isn't much to say - it's a fantastic design and shows a lot of creativity! Keep up the great work!

spacemt354

Chili's
Utilizing the Odyssey will be Epcots newest restaurant experience, Rails. Part sci fi dine in, part soarin, this restaurant will give you a chance to enjoy a great meal and experience one of the more underrated modes of transportation, train travel. Featuring long rooms of 4 tables across, with 2 "window tables" and 2 aisle tables, you'll dine in comfort as some of the most amazing rail journeys from around the world pass you by on the video screens forming the shell of the train just outside your window. The menu itself will be a variety of options from the countries your train travels take you to such as Canada, Japan and Switzerland to name a few. Relax in style as you ride to the top of the Jungfrau, or bullet across Japan, each without the height or speed, and enjoy your odyssey across great the railways of the world.
This might be the most intriguing option that I've read so far...mostly because it's a restaurant based on transportation, right next to the transportation pavilion aka World of Motion.

It's....ha, I really don't know what to say. I admire the originality of this idea and blending a lot of aspects of the future and transportation into one. The only thing to say really is I'm not sure how this will be pulled off given the configuration of the restaurant. But the last line, the "odyssey across" -- ah, word association ftw there. :joyfull:

spacemt354

Chili's
Four Winds Café
At its own secluded location near the world showcase promenade, guests can see the Tower of the Four Winds, once home to "it's a small world" at the New York World's Fair, beckoning guests toward the all new Four Winds Café. At this new Mary Blair inspired dining location on the East side of the promenade, guests have the options to eat food from one of four themed Windows, featuring Scandinavian treats from the north, Latin delights from the south, oriental classics from the east, and popular American food from the west, which will provide dining options for the entire family. Guests can then eat in one of Four themed dining rooms decorated in the Mary Blair style, themed to the north, south, east and west, which all have kinetic elements such as mobiles and whirligigs which entertain diners. All in all, the Four Winds Café promises to be the most unique dining location in EPCOT Center, as well as the best designed one.
91a2d121a8b20404f9ccc806fbc73f8a.jpg

pepsi44.jpg

Arg...you all just have such amazing ideas....you all ever think of working for Walt Disney Imagineering? :hilarious:

Ah...erm....no. :hilarious: I have no words for this one.

spacemt354

Chili's
Okay, here is my new idea that doesnt sound like someone else's :)

The Odyssey restaurant sits between two very distinct areas: the cultural regions of World Showcase and the glorious future and Innovation of Futureworld. So it makes sense that it should be themed to Walt's original EPCOT vision- a community of tomorrow. Named "The Neighborhood", this futuristic restaurant, which is circled by the wedway people mover, is filled with Walt's original plans for EPCOT as well as his scale model (moved from Tomorrowland). Specialty dishes of comfort foods include rotiseree chicken, chicken and beef kabobs, Walt's fried chicken, and vegetarian lasagna.
I'm going to go off of this one (instead of the former one) - though if you'd like me to review both just ask:) I'd be glad to.

I very much appreciate that you made this restaurant embody what Epcot was originally about - and you included the peoplemover as an addition to the restaurant. Really what this location needs I feel is a landmark of what Epcot stands for - it's nestled right at the crossroads of FW and WS - and I think you did that very well!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom