Imagineering Speculation?

trainplane3

Isn’t that exactly the same as what they’ve been already doing.....just with extra steps?
Season 1 Drinking GIF by Rick and Morty
I was going to say the same. This is literally what WDI does already. Did they really get so confused that they need a fancy new name to remember their jobs?

lazyboy97o

My theory is that this is beyond the theme parks... i.e. putting things like Galactic Starcruiser in Urban Locations.
Still stuff Walt Disney Imagineering already did. They were involved in the original Disney Store and I believe the Imagination Park concept as well. They were involved in Disney Regional Entertainment (DisneyQuest, ESPN Zone and Club Disney) and Jay Rasulo’s other regional entertainment attempts. They’ve been involved in projects outside of Disney like Encounter at LAX.

Rteetz

Still stuff Walt Disney Imagineering already did. They were involved in the original Disney Store and I believe the Imagination Park concept as well. They were involved in Disney Regional Entertainment (DisneyQuest, ESPN Zone and Club Disney) and Jay Rasulo’s other regional entertainment attempts. They’ve been involved in projects outside of Disney like Encounter at LAX.
Disney Research which worked hand in hand with WDI does plenty outside the parks too. This seems like a name or wording change more than anything.

castlecake2.0

as others have said it seems like either

a) just a change to the wording of the job description

and/or

b) there might be a new focus on developing more regional experiences

???

EPCOT-O.G.

I wonder: it seems WDI has had some involvement in that new Disney+ series. But this feels more like tactile or virtual experiences?

Giss Neric

Instagramineer Extraordinaire Zach Ridley is announcing a new Instagram Synergy initiative that will replace all of WDI with social media influencers, since it's become obvious that whatever is left of WDI is totally incapable of doing anything other than posing on Instagram.
I think they just need some new blood for their social media team. Universal's social media team is killing it. Their tweets are witty, funny, and relatable and always up to date. Some of Disney's IG/Twitter posts seems like they are too desperate to fit in with the kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom