Imagineering Calendar

Magic Feather

Original Poster
So as not to clog up the Newsroom, please post comp timeframes here!

January:
The Creator Games: Project Revival
One Sentene Comp Season 3 Episode 1 by @Pionmycake
February:
The Creator Games: Project Revival
DlpPhantom's Comp
One Sentene Comp Season 3 Episode 1 by @Pionmycake
March:
Dlp Phantom's comp
@Magic Feather's Quest for the Hidden Temple
April:
@DSquared The Great Disney Race
May:
June:
Amazing Race
July:
Amazing Race
"Conquest"
August:
Amazing Race
"Conquest"
Twist in Time 2
September:
Amazing Race
Twist in Time 2
"Conquest"
October:
Twist in Time 2
November:
Twist in Time 2
December:

Last edited:

RMichael21

@tcool123 's A Twist in Time Season 2 is planned for Late August- November

@RMichael21 's Amazing Race from June-Sept

@TheOriginalTiki 's So You Want to be an Imagineer Jan- March

@FigmentPigments 's Unnamed Star Wars/ Disney Comp March- April

@Magic Feather and @FigmentPigments 's Collaboration Comp Unnamed but with Codename "Conquest" June-August
Hey, so I was curious, with both of our comps starting and ending around the same time, do you think it would be possible for you guys to start a month earlier or later? I just feel like we'd both be stepping on each other's feet.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
Hey, so I was curious, with both of our comps starting and ending around the same time, do you think it would be possible for you guys to start a month earlier or later? I just feel like we'd both be stepping on each other's feet.
We are planning on a near opposite comp (ex you do team elimination we go with solo non-elimination) so as to prevent that. Also, we would like to start in June so as to let anyone with exams get thise done.

spacemt354

Chili's
If I may just offer a little bit of opine:bookworm:

2015 included The Sole Imagineer, The Creator Games, The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 3, The Great Disney Race, 1984, The Choice, and the Elite Eight
It had 7 competitions with 48 different contestants playing throughout the year.

2016 included The Sole Imagineer Season 2, The Road Trip, The House Cup, SYWTBAI Season 13, A Twist in Time, Quest for the Diamond Ears, and Eisner's Game (+ 4 separate episodes of The One Sentence Competition)
Including the One Sentence Comp -- It had 11 competitions with at least 70+ different contestants playing throughout the year.

2017 looks to be on track for even more...

The forum is growing. And with that -- I think competitions need to grow as well. I'd be a little hesitant to go this route if each competition was a similar format, and more importantly, if there were the same people playing in every competition. It's way too much work for everyone to do 2-3 comps consistently at the same time, and it'll just bring down the quality of all the competitions as a result.

However, competitions with different commitment levels, varying themes, and with semi-separate casts -- will not only work, but it will make 2017 the most successful year we've had. But that requires everyone understanding this fact and working together before we dive into it. Competitions will overlap...so hosts need to keep in check their expectations...if there are two competitions at the same time that are interested in the same contestants, that isn't going to work. But this forum has grown so much over the last year and I have faith and trust in everyone where this won't really be an issue and we will have a successful year together!:)

Last edited:

FigmentPigments

If I may just offer I little bit of opine:bookworm:

2015 included The Sole Imagineer, The Creator Games, The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 3, The Great Disney Race, 1984, The Choice, and the Elite Eight
It had 7 competitions with 48 different contestants playing throughout the year.

2016 included The Sole Imagineer Season 2, The Road Trip, The House Cup, SYWTBAI Season 13, A Twist in Time, Quest for the Diamond Ears, and Eisner's Game (+ 4 separate episodes of The One Sentence Competition)
Including the One Sentence Comp -- It had 11 competitions with at least 70+ different contestants playing throughout the year.

2017 looks to be on track for even more...

The forum is growing. And with that -- I think competitions need to grow as well. I'd be a little hesitant to go this route if each competition was a similar format, and more importantly, if there were the same people playing in every competition. It's way too much work for everyone to do 2-3 comps consistently at the same time, and it'll just bring down the quality of all the competitions as a result.

However, competitions with different commitment levels, varying themes, and with semi-separate casts -- will not only work, but it will make 2017 the most successful year we've had. But that requires everyone understanding this fact and working together before we dive into it. Competitions will overlap...so hosts need to keep in check their expectations...if there are two competitions at the same time that are interested in the same contestants, that isn't going to work. But this forum has grown so much over the last year and I have faith and trust in everyone where this won't really be an issue and we will have a successful year together!:)
I agree with this as well. I by no means want to step on anyone's toes especially with competitions that have a long standing on this forum (as obviously, there is a demand for them - looking at you SYWTBAI :D). So long as the comps being held at or around the same time are not competing for the same people, I think this could work. Also, a lot of comps limit the amount of people who can join. If there are only 16 participants allowed per comp (estimated), then that leaves a lot of people without a chance to do something. :(

spacemt354

Chili's
I agree with this as well. I by no means want to step on anyone's toes especially with competitions that have a long standing on this forum (as obviously, there is a demand for them - looking at you SYWTBAI :D). So long as the comps being held at or around the same time are not competing for the same people, I think this could work. Also, a lot of comps limit the amount of people who can join. If there are only 16 participants allowed per comp (estimated), then that leaves a lot of people without a chance to do something. :(
Totally!

And I think you're on the right track. Say Competition A has a limit of 16 people. Once the 16 slots are filled, Competition A stops recruiting for other contestants.

At the same time, there are a ton of people on the site that either lurk, or don't have an outlet they are comfortable with to try imagineering. So you can have different styles of competition running at the same time - because they are geared towards a different audience than Comp A. And having a different cast means it in no way impedes on Comp A's success!

Sure there maybe some people who want to try both at the same time, but that would be their decision. Like I was saying before, this wouldn't work if the same people were playing in all the competitions. But we've grown to a point where we can offer these alternatives and try to build a bigger community.
^^

Agreed with both of the other things above. I would say the number one goal with (inevitable) overlapping comps is that they are different (ish). For example, A Twist in Time is just wrapped up, and it is a single player elimination format, so any comp overlapping with it would want to not be a single player elimination comp.
Agreed!

*And as an aside to this - I'm a big fan of seeing new people who want to host a competition, have the opportunity to! Though, it's not all going to be perfect, there may be some hiccups, but it's worth a shot if everyone has the chance to succeed.

spacemt354

Chili's
I agree with all above...could be great! The forum is growing!:geek:

We don't really know when to do it (honestly I'm very confused right now as we are still figuring the schedule out :p), but @spacemt354 and I were talking and we'd like to have another Creator Games! A modified teaser of the original logo is brought to you by space :D :p ;)
https://flic.kr/p/PFQUg2
The cheap altered logo:p

Excited to see this come back though!!:eek::D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom