Imagineering Calendar

MANEATINGWREATH

I would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey...

Pardon the Rocky Horror reference, but I really would like, if I may, to pitch in my two cents.

Clearly, there are a great many competitions around WDWMagic. More than I can possibly keep track of, including my own... Haha. Additionally, there are various brainstorming threads and dream resorts floating around that continuously maintain readership and support, my favorites being Walt Disney World 1966 and DisneyMan's always wonderful expansion plans for Walt Disney World. Then, of course, there's my own dream resort which, I promise you, will be completed soon. Real-life tends to get in the way a lot, especially as of late, and with a project like mine (which is now over 230 pages in length on a Google Doc), things have to go on hold to be done properly. I'm doing this project for you guys, and I want it to be the best quality possible. "You can't rush art."

Anywho, the point of me posting this is to elaborate on how I yearn for the inclusion of "Open Brainstorming" into this community. Back in the days of VF, circa 2008, Open Brainstorming pioneered an entire legacy of armchair Imagineers, many in which are still around to this day, such as mharrington, myself, and DisneyMan. The beauty of the Open Brainstorming thread was simple - it was all-inclusive. No one was left out. If you had an idea, you shared it, no matter how big or how small, or how ridiculous. We created entire realms of fantasy and magic where imagination reigned supreme, all over the course of weeks and months. There were no winners or losers. It truly was what armchair Imagineering was and has always been all about: fun and fellowship.

WDWMagic has so much potential to revitalize this "dead art form." Walt Disney World 1966 is a great example of an Open Brainstorming thread. I wish to reintroduce the concept into the community come 2017 and, if it takes off, great. If not, oh well. I would just like to reintroduce something fun and inclusive that doesn't take focus away from the competitions. I want everyone to have a good time, because that's what Disney and Imagineering are all about.

Of course, I'm not anti-competition. I'm beyond thrilled to introduce Season 14 in January.

spacemt354

Chili's
I would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey...

Pardon the Rocky Horror reference, but I really would like, if I may, to pitch in my two cents.

Clearly, there are a great many competitions around WDWMagic. More than I can possibly keep track of, including my own... Haha. Additionally, there are various brainstorming threads and dream resorts floating around that continuously maintain readership and support, my favorites being Walt Disney World 1966 and DisneyMan's always wonderful expansion plans for Walt Disney World. Then, of course, there's my own dream resort which, I promise you, will be completed soon. Real-life tends to get in the way a lot, especially as of late, and with a project like mine (which is now over 230 pages in length on a Google Doc), things have to go on hold to be done properly. I'm doing this project for you guys, and I want it to be the best quality possible. "You can't rush art."

Anywho, the point of me posting this is to elaborate on how I yearn for the inclusion of "Open Brainstorming" into this community. Back in the days of VF, circa 2008, Open Brainstorming pioneered an entire legacy of armchair Imagineers, many in which are still around to this day, such as mharrington, myself, and DisneyMan. The beauty of the Open Brainstorming thread was simple - it was all-inclusive. No one was left out. If you had an idea, you shared it, no matter how big or how small, or how ridiculous. We created entire realms of fantasy and magic where imagination reigned supreme, all over the course of weeks and months. There were no winners or losers. It truly was what armchair Imagineering was and has always been all about: fun and fellowship.

WDWMagic has so much potential to revitalize this "dead art form." Walt Disney World 1966 is a great example of an Open Brainstorming thread. I wish to reintroduce the concept into the community come 2017 and, if it takes off, great. If not, oh well. I would just like to reintroduce something fun and inclusive that doesn't take focus away from the competitions. I want everyone to have a good time, because that's what Disney and Imagineering are all about.

Of course, I'm not anti-competition. I'm beyond thrilled to introduce Season 14 in January.
Completely agree!

Open Brainstorming threads are incredible - and @MonorailRed 's 100+ page WDW1966 thread is an example of how great they can be.

Lest also not forget the contributions of people such as @DisneyManOne and @orlando678- (and yourself!)-- who have been amazing with their own individual threads...asking for feedback and gaining an audience along the way.

I also think the beauty of those is that -- there is no plan necessary, they can pop up out of the blue. And expect more to pop up in 2017.

Red and I have been talking about doing a sequel to WDW1966 -- in Paris!

MANEATINGWREATH

That's something I'd like to be around from the beginning for! Haha. It's always a challenge jumping into big projects like that when they've already come so far.

Obviously I won't pull another Disneyland Australia, Open Brainstorming since it's the focal point of my dream resort. But I'm looking at Germany, Texas and Canada as some potential topics.

MonorailRed

Applebees

WDWMagic has so much potential to revitalize this "dead art form." Walt Disney World 1966 is a great example of an Open Brainstorming thread. I wish to reintroduce the concept into the community come 2017 and, if it takes off, great. If not, oh well. I would just like to reintroduce something fun and inclusive that doesn't take focus away from the competitions. I want everyone to have a good time, because that's what Disney and Imagineering are all about..

Completely agree!

Open Brainstorming threads are incredible - and @MonorailRed 's 100+ page WDW1966 thread is an example of how great they can be.

Thanks for the 1966 shout out guys :)

Humbled with how far that thread has come:D.... And that it's almost due on December 24th :cyclops: :eek:

DSquared

I would like to announce the return of my long awaited competition. I hope to run April-June if nobody has a problem with that. So, I present to you: The Great Disney Race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Logomakr_3tqiln.png

FigmentPigments

I will have to respectfully drop my request for a March slot. March seems like it's full of comps, and I would like everyone to have a chance at hosting a comp with a good turn out. Not to mention, I will be out of town for a week during April which mean I won't be able to give the best attention to hosting a comp.

I would like to try my hand at late May through early August, starting May 25th. The Star Wars comp I would like to do will have an unlimited number of competitors on each team (with no eliminations). Although one team will win in the end, the main purpose of this comp is to bring new and old imagineers together to further expand our wonderful forum and create some truly great projects. :)
And of course, it's Star Wars! Who doesn't love Star Wars?!
PLFKux.gif

* You Will Join This Comp* :p ;)

spacemt354

Chili's
I will have to respectfully drop my request for a March slot. March seems like it's full of comps, and I would like everyone to have a chance at hosting a comp with a good turn out. Not to mention, I will be out of town for a week during April which mean I won't be able to give the best attention to hosting a comp.

I would like to try my hand at late May through early August, starting May 25th. The Star Wars comp I would like to do will have an unlimited number of competitors on each team (with no eliminations). Although one team will win in the end, the main purpose of this comp is to bring new and old imagineers together to further expand our wonderful forum and create some truly great projects. :)
And of course, it's Star Wars! Who doesn't love Star Wars?!
PLFKux.gif

* You Will Join This Comp* :p ;)
This was the comp i was looking for...

Many bothans died to give us this comp...

I could go on :p So excited!:geek::bookworm:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Also, there will be season 3 of the One Sentence Competition throughout much of the year as a low commitment, drop in drop out, fun competition. Perfect for newcomers, people who don't have enough time for a full competition, or anyone else! I'll be hosting Episdoe 1 starting Friday, January 13th and going till around the end of Febuarary. Beyond that, dates depend on who else hosts, but probably about one month off, one and a half months or something like that.

MANEATINGWREATH

Looking way ahead, SYWTBAI Season 14 will run January - March, 2018, rather than the originally listed slot of January - March, 2017.

Also, not that it's a competition or anything, but the long-awaited Part One of my Dream Resort has been posted if anyone would like to check it out. :)

tcool123

Is there any updated 2017 calendar floating around anywhere with scheduled comps?
Have a 6 week comp I was working to flesh out and give a go at. Team based.
The last newsletter has a calendar that is the most current -
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-newsroom.914965/page-2#post-7535940

It was last updated on Jan 9th, and nothing since has been announced nor moved. My own two cents is to either have it during April/May or October/November as those currently only have 1 competition scheduled. The Great Disney Race for the prior and Twist in Time 2 for the latter.

Disney Dad 3000

The last newsletter has a calendar that is the most current -
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-newsroom.914965/page-2#post-7535940

It was last updated on Jan 9th, and nothing since has been announced nor moved. My own two cents is to either have it during April/May or October/November as those currently only have 1 competition scheduled. The Great Disney Race for the prior and Twist in Time 2 for the latter.

Thanks! I'll get with DSquared and check on dates, numbers, etc and see where we are at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom