Imagineer Tom Fitzgerald takes over the creative direction of Epcot

kap91

Good news! At least would seem that way. Again goes along with my theories of WDW knowing exactly what it's doing...infrastructure first, then address the remaining three parks, all on a very slow timetable. But that couldn't be the case could it?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Does this imply there was someone leading it before this? :p

From the post:
Disney is poised to begin a major re-Imagineering of Epcot, looking to restore the original intent of the park in both Future World and World Showcase. Tom's extensive experience with WDI should position him well to take on such a project.

Look. There are few out there that want this more than I do. I obsess over Epcot and it's failings more than most. I WANT them to make this happen. Truly, I do. I will likely throw some skepticism into any further discussion on this topic, but I want everyone to know before I do, that I truly hope to be wrong. I hope to be dead wrong. I hope that this means a shift in their care of Epcot, and a return to glory.

jakeman

From the post:

Look. There are few out there that want this more than I do. I obsess over Epcot and it's failings more than most. I WANT them to make this happen. Truly, I do. I will likely throw some skepticism into any further discussion on this topic, but I want everyone to know before I do, that I truly hope to be wrong. I hope to be dead wrong. I hope that this means a shift in their care of Epcot, and a return to glory.
You're wrong.

Wait...I'm wrong...

Oh crap...I'll just wait for someone to tell me what to think.

ParkMan73

wikipedida had Tom listed as:
Executive Vice President, Senior Creative Executive - Tom Fitzgerald

I'm not familiar with the name. Is he indeed as senior as they make it sound? Does that suggest something?

GiveMeTheMusic

Wait, a major re-Imagineering? From Tom Fitzgerald?

32669612.jpg

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.

From the post:

What's with all the skepticism? I thought this line alone would have given you a joyous heart attack:

"Disney is poised to begin a major re-Imagineering of Epcot, looking to restore the original intent of the park in both Future World and World Showcase."

Positive thoughts, positive thoughts!!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
What's with all the skepticism? I thought this line alone would have given you a joyous heart attack:

"Disney is poised to begin a major re-Imagineering of Epcot, looking to restore the original intent of the park in both Future World and World Showcase."

Positive thoughts, positive thoughts!!
The skepticism I think has been beaten into me via years upon years of neglect
erasing_closed2007ww.jpg

wrecking balls
121221horizons2.jpg

Poor choices in attraction updates
The-Seas-with-Nemo.jpg

tumblr_mbkmm7ZgxS1r337tvo1_400.jpg

and lets not forget a personal favorite
kitchenkabaret.jpg

I want them to fix it. I want them to fix it all. I don't want to feel like I can skip the park and not miss anything.

I just am not ready to believe it, until I see a budget attached to it that has enough 0's on the back end of it to make me feel that they are really going to do something here that will be worthy of the Epcot name...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom