Imagineer Blog

Bravesfn1

Original Poster
Read an article over at Jim Hill Media.com today about a new web blog that may interest people here. The website has the following heading:

Re-Imagineering

A forum for Pixar and Disney professionals passionate about the Disney Theme Parks to catalog past Imagineering missteps and offer up tenable practical solutions in hopes that a new wave of creative management at Imagineering can once again bring back the wonder and magic that's been missing from the parks for decades.

Follow this link to check out their blogs: http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com

They have some interesting things to say. Do you agree with them? Disagree with them?

Rosso11

This blog is great I have been reading it all morning. I just hope it doesn't get shut down from public view soon.

Lee

Adventurer
Good to know they're listening.
However, I can't say I agree with all that much the posters have said over there.

The Mary Blair murals? Let them go. Please. I never liked them.
Bring back the Skyway? No thanks.
The '60s era Tomorrowland? I'll pass.
Inner Space? Nah.

Allllex

Lee said:

Heresy! The Blair murals are rich in texture and design and are some of the most beautiful things that have ever been in the parks. I could sit and stare at the one at CR for hours.

Lee said:
However, I can't say I agree with all that much the posters have said over there.

Inner Space? Nah.

I agree with you except about the Skyway, it was a great family attraction.

MuRkErY

Nice find.

I pray for the day the wand, and hat come down, if ever.

This is good though, the more people who speak out about this stuff, especially from inside, or have been in the company, the more chance there is off things being done.

Here's hoping.

Iakona

Lee said:

Inner Space? Nah.

I agree with your points and that it is good that "they" are listening. Even if you disagree with some of their points (more have been added) there is some interesting insight into the workings of the company. Take the Leave a Legacy post. Anyone that has studied organization theory or bureaucracies knows that sometimes bad decisions are not just about the decision, but the options presented. Imagine the Leave a Legacy display almost as a glass field that could even light up at night. A much different image than the cold, impersonal stone that exists.

The first step in improving is listening. Some of the ideas of what to remove results in addition by subtraction (i.e. The infamous Wand).

jrriddle

Interesting blog, seems to be a bunch of people trying to bring back their childhoods. "bring back this...bring back that"
What about new ideas?
I have not read all of the entries but it seems to be about turning the park into a Disneyland Museum.
Innerspace was a cool ride, and kudos to an attraction with no movie tie-in but where are the new ideas?

Leave the past alone, move on, but bring back Mary Blair's work!
Love anything by Mary!

disnyfan89

I'm sorry but these people need to get a life! How many times did they say "Disneyland should not be a museum" and then went on to say that this needs to be kept and this needs to be kept! Eventually if you keep everything all you will have is a museum of the past. Didn't Walt say that "Disneyland will never be completed as long as there is imagination left in the world" One gathers from this statement that Walt expected change and growth. If Walt never wanted the park to change then he would have said so!

I think that it is rude of these past Imagineers to come out and say that the new Imagineers are ruining the parks! If that was the case then why where you fired! Yes budget cuts happen but if the company thought you where on top then you would not be sitting at home and complaining about how the park is messed up!

People need to learn Disney is a company! If an attraction is unpopular you replace it! If an attraction is out dated you update it! If you don't have the money to constantly replace the clothing on an audio animatronic you fix what was causing the fast wear and tear. Disney is a business and forever will be until the day it dies so it will forever be run as a business! So exscuse me if I put this into my file of "Disney is always wrong and I know what to do to fix it or what should have been done" file next to Jim Hill Media.

Mr.EPCOT

What interested me was an article about Inner Space. They admitted that it was a fun ride, and would be unforgiveably campy today, but they also said that the idea of being shrunk and traveling through an atom is a fascinating idea. They were talking more about a new ride based around that idea, rather than strictly reviving Adventure Thru Inner Space verbatim.

ImagineerMMC said:
What interested me was an article about Inner Space. They admitted that it was a fun ride, and would be unforgiveably campy today, but they also said that the idea of being shrunk and traveling through an atom is a fascinating idea. They were talking more about a new ride based around that idea, rather than strictly reviving Adventure Thru Inner Space verbatim.

Here is my letter to pixar:

You can take Adventures thru inner spcae AND SHOVE IT!

Star Tours 4 Life.

jrriddle

ImagineerMMC said:

A really cool 3D version of Inner Space with some sort of Spiderman effects would be great. But they are still rehashing an old idea.
Do something new (and without a movie tie-in)!

Oh... I love how these so-called "Pixar professionals" are now Imagineers! :hurl:

Well, they will be Cast Members of The Walt Disney Company soon enough so...

Lee

Adventurer
Allllex said:
Heresy! The Blair murals are rich in texture and design and are some of the most beautiful things that have ever been in the parks. I could sit and stare at the one at CR for hours.
Well, the one at the Contemp. is ok. It sort of fits the decor.
The ones in Tomorrowland at Disneyland seemed terribly out of place to me.

How many times did they say "Disneyland should not be a museum" and then went on to say that this needs to be kept and this needs to be kept! Eventually if you keep everything all you will have is a museum of the past. Didn't Walt say that "Disneyland will never be completed as long as there is imagination left in the world"
I agree 100% They should look to the future. Bring nothing back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom