I'm really surprised that disney hasn't...

steviej

Original Poster
created their own airline. It's not like they can't afford it. If hooters can have their own airline, why can't disney? It would be all disneyish, on the tvs is the videos playing in the resorts. also what do you think about a cruise that just stays at castaway cay for a week?

Connor002

I don't think I'd agree.

An airline would require tremendous work to keep running and profitable, and if Disney were to branch into the field, it would be over-extending. It's probably for the best that Disney stay focused on its' core business fields.

TTATraveler

The airline industry is a tough and competitive industry to be in right now. I don't think it would be financially responsible for Disney to venture out into having their own airline.

DisJosh

It sounds cool. But I'm sure there are plenty of reasons this wouldn't be a good idea. If anything I think they would lose money. Despite how many people go to WDW, I don't think there are enough of those people in any single airport at a time consistently for profit to be made. Not to mention the "off season." I don't think there's enough to gain from it for Disney to go after it. That is of course assuming you mean a Disney airline that flies only passengers travelling to their resorts. Even if that weren't the case. I think anyone who puts their stakes into a business like air travel right now is insane. :hammer:

Bytowner

I don't think an airline would necessarily be a good fit for Disney, since Disney has little to do with the airlines themselves. However, every time I go to WDW, I often wonder why Disney hasn't built a series of Disney hotels across the country.

tigsmom

I'm sure if Disney could make a very decent profit from running their own airline they would. It took quite a few years of contracting out their cruises to spur them into getting their own ships. I think the airline industry is too volitile to make that a worthwhile venture though.

TTATraveler

Bytowner said:
I don't think an airline would necessarily be a good fit for Disney, since Disney has little to do with the airlines themselves. However, every time I go to WDW, I often wonder why Disney hasn't built a series of Disney hotels across the country.

They experimented with Disney vacations to Non-Disney places and apparently are expanding the program http://www.mousesavers.com/adventures.html I think hotels are more doable then a Disney airline. Disney already knows how to run hotels. Still, I would rather see them focus on their core business and strenghening it before venturing way out there.

TTATraveler

tigsmom said:
I'm sure if Disney could make a very decent profit from running their own airline they would. It took quite a few years of contracting out their cruises to spur them into getting their own ships. I think the airline industry is too volitile to make that a worthwhile venture though.

100% agreed. That volatility would lead to money loss. I don't even want to think of the situation if Disney had their own airline flying into MCO and transporting guests on thier Magical Express. There would be world war 3.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If Disney did have an airline and there was ever an accident, can you imagine the PR nightmare that it would be.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
TTATraveler said:
They experimented with Disney vacations to Non-Disney places and apparently are expanding the program http://www.mousesavers.com/adventures.html I think hotels are more doable then a Disney airline. Disney already knows how to run hotels. Still, I would rather see them focus on their core business and strenghening it before venturing way out there.
I think we would see Disney partnering with an established hotel chain. Nick is partnering with Holiday Inn for it's venture.

brertigger

I think another idea that Disney COULD look into would be creating a private airport. Some commercial flights could land there, along with corporate jets.
I seriously doubt this would ever happen, but it is probably more likely than a Disney airline.

I read in a Disney book once that they did have an airport, but no one can land there. The run way has grooves that play Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah when the plane lands.

TTATraveler

hakunamatata said:
I think we would see Disney partnering with an established hotel chain. Nick is partnering with Holiday Inn for it's venture.

Certainly possible, perhaps even before opening its own hotels in other cities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom