I'm really surprised that disney hasn't...

Woody13

No Airline in Disney's Future!

Disney was already in the airline business and paid dearly for that venture.

In 2003, Disney took a $114 million pretax charge because of aircraft-lease rejections by United, which had sought Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection the previous year.

Disney just got a $50 million settlement from United. Disney has now learned its lesson. They will not get involved in the airline industry again.

ICP06

As far as I can see, if it doesn't keep people on Disney property it's probably not going to happen...

I mean, take WDW... Disney operates transportation on it's own buses for guests around the resort and Magical Express buses to/from MCO... However, Disney CMs (as far as I know, anyway...) travel on an outsourced bus system operated by American (or something along those lines).

Unless it travelled, on a very high capacity route (like JFK-MCO) for instance, it'd be a no straight off... While it would be cool, I'd say it's not exactly feasible and probably not even close to being on the cards...

ICP06

disneylands

Account Suspended
If they did want one, I would bet that they would be more inclined to BUY one such as Song Airlines, however that would not be the smartest thing disney did, they would have to have in fly all over the country not just to florida or california, and that would be expensive!

it is a good idea though!!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
disneylands said:
If they did want one, I would bet that they would be more inclined to BUY one such as Song Airlines, however that would not be the smartest thing disney did, they would have to have in fly all over the country not just to florida or california, and that would be expensive!

:confused:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
disneylands said:

umm... they couldn't buy song, since from its inception, song was essentially the chip chic class of Delta.

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
unkadug said:
If Disney did have an airline and there was ever an accident, can you imagine the PR nightmare that it would be.

Yeah, plus there'd be that whole nuisance of people, you know...DYING, but of course let's concern ourselves first and foremost with "the PR nightmare that it would be". :rolleyes:

The insensitivity of some people on these boards never ceases to amaze me.

KentB3

I thought the only way Disney knew how to fly was from "Happy Thoughts and Pixie Dust"! :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :animwink:

disneydaft

ICP06 said:
I mean, take WDW... Disney operates transportation on it's own buses for guests around the resort and Magical Express buses to/from MCO...

It Mears that run DME not Disney :)

I don't think we will ever see a Disney airline, too much risk involved.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
CHAPPS said:
Yeah, plus there'd be that whole nuisance of people, you know...DYING, but of course let's concern ourselves first and foremost with "the PR nightmare that it would be". :rolleyes:

That's what I was trying to say, but in a nice way.

Never meant it to sound insensitive. :eek:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
CHAPPS said:

You must have sensitivity issues, because there was nothing overly insensitive about that statement.

SallyShine

steviej said:
also what do you think about a cruise that just stays at castaway cay for a week?

I'm not sure I would last a whole week there, but I would love more than just 1 day. Talk about your quintessential beach experience! There is a special Western Caribbean cruise that goes to Castaway Cay at the begining and end of the week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom