I'm planning my first trip! Best tips & recommendations?

DoleWhipDrea

Original Poster
I'm so used to planning things out so heavily for Disney that I feel I need more info than what I've been able to find. Of course I'll want to check out all of the shows and exhibits, but I've noticed on Sea World's website that they have several add-ons like encounters. Are there any that you would recommend over another? Where are the best places to eat?

Last edited:

CynBeth

We like dinner at Sharks Underwater Grill. They used to have where you could book online but when we went in November did not offer it and when we got there around 4:30 or 5 found out we should have gone to the restaurant when it opened to reserve a time. Luckily they let us do a walk up and waited maybe a half hour at the most.

matt9112

I'm so used to planning things out so heavily for Disney that I feel I need more info than what I've been able to find. Of course I'll want to check out all of the shows and exhibits, but I've noticed on Sea World's website that they have several add-ons like encounters. Are there any that you would recommend over another? Where are the best places to eat? For additional context, I'm a local and am planning on visiting sometime before the end of July, and depending on the trip my s/o and I may upgrade to an annual pass while we're there.

There's really not much to need to plan. Obviously the shows all have show times so you need to plan for those if you want to see them. I would also suggest atlantis early as its capacity and thus its line can be horrible. Ice breaker looks pretty lack luster but is actually very fun fyi.

joanna71985

I'm so used to planning things out so heavily for Disney that I feel I need more info than what I've been able to find. Of course I'll want to check out all of the shows and exhibits, but I've noticed on Sea World's website that they have several add-ons like encounters. Are there any that you would recommend over another? Where are the best places to eat? For additional context, I'm a local and am planning on visiting sometime before the end of July, and depending on the trip my s/o and I may upgrade to an annual pass while we're there.

my favorite tour is killer whales up-close, but I also enjoy dolphins up-close and walrus encounter

aladdin2007

Have they done away with the key west area, and the wild arctic ride? I was looking on the park map on their site and neither is mentioned. I know the penguin ride is gone too. seems to be coasters only which is a shame if your not into that. but I guess there are the animal areas to see.

CynBeth

When we were there in November for the penguins they did not have the ride but you could walk through to see them. Also, they had the sting ray area where you could touch and feed them and if I remember correctly they had the dolphin viewing area and show and the area where you could feed the sea lions and the show. And of course the orca show.

joanna71985

Have they done away with the key west area, and the wild arctic ride? I was looking on the park map on their site and neither is mentioned. I know the penguin ride is gone too. seems to be coasters only which is a shame if your not into that. but I guess there are the animal areas to see.

Key West area is still there

DoleWhipDrea

Original Poster
One additional question friends! I watched a YouTube video with a pretty great tour/review of the park, and they noted that guests with bags have to check their stuff into a paid locker at most of the rides. Does anyone know if guests with belt bags could keep their stuff with them on the rides? I really don't want to have to pay for a locker at every ride :confused:

UpAllNight

One additional question friends! I watched a YouTube video with a pretty great tour/review of the park, and they noted that guests with bags have to check their stuff into a paid locker at most of the rides. Does anyone know if guests with belt bags could keep their stuff with them on the rides? I really don't want to have to pay for a locker at every ride :confused:

Unsure if my message comes too late, & I may be wrong but I think there's a day deal for $10 - still not ideal, but I don't know re belt bags.

We did the Penguins Encounter a few years ago which we thought was worth the money. Had a few drinks in sharks, which was pricey. Not sure if the vibes matched the price.

I've never been hugely impressed with the food at Seaworld, despite my love for the park,

Head to back of park early, and you'll walk on Mako several times. Everyone seems to go straight to Manta, but visit that later.

Plan to see a few shows. If Electric Ocean is on, it's a good way to chill out and enjoy a show at the end of the evening. Not sure if we got lucky, but it poured out before rides shut and we got on ice-breaker a few times in the dark, which was a nice end to the evening.

DoleWhipDrea

Original Poster
Unsure if my message comes too late, & I may be wrong but I think there's a day deal for $10 - still not ideal, but I don't know re belt bags.

We did the Penguins Encounter a few years ago which we thought was worth the money. Had a few drinks in sharks, which was pricey. Not sure if the vibes matched the price.

I've never been hugely impressed with the food at Seaworld, despite my love for the park,

Head to back of park early, and you'll walk on Mako several times. Everyone seems to go straight to Manta, but visit that later.

Plan to see a few shows. If Electric Ocean is on, it's a good way to chill out and enjoy a show at the end of the evening. Not sure if we got lucky, but it poured out before rides shut and we got on ice-breaker a few times in the dark, which was a nice end to the evening.

I visited already, but I appreciate your post all the same!

I was able to ride with my belt bag, though it certainly wouldn't work for all riders. Some of those seats were pretty tight.

If I get to go back, I do think that we would want to do the Penguin Encounter - seeing the penguins and their impressively fast swimming skills was truly awe-inspiring! And they're just so cute :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom