"Im Going To Disney World!!!"

ag2000

Original Poster
well i fell asleep before the game ended because i had to wake up early this morning and missed the end. Did any of the players say they were going to disney world when interviewed or did Disney stop promoting that phrase?

bhg469

well i fell asleep before the game ended because i had to wake up early this morning and missed the end. Did any of the players say they were going to disney world when interviewed or did Disney stop promoting that phrase?

Im sure you will see it in tv sooner or later. When it does happen it will be Peyton Manning.

belle0517

No, it was not said last night. In previous years it occurs immediately following the Super Bowl. I don't remember it happening last year either.

eckerdguy

You are correct they didn't do it last year and they didn't do it this year. I am assuming they don't do this advertising anymore. But I am pretty sure that some of the Colt players will still be going to Disney after winning because I believe (even last year) that they still had a parade for the winners.

imagineer99

I think this largely has to do with company that is broadcasting the game. Since CBS aired the superbowl, would they be willing to give some free advertising space to Disney, the company that owns ABC? Doubtful.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think this largely has to do with company that is broadcasting the game. Since CBS aired the superbowl, would they be willing to give some free advertising space to Disney, the company that owns ABC? Doubtful.

CBS would likely have been more than willing to sell the advertising space to Disney. The problem that likely occurs is that CBS does not want to give ABC/Disney the credentials to get on the field to tape the promo, so Disney is not able to get the spot taped "live".

askmike1

This year, they did have the commercial again, though in a somewhat dampened form. On ESPN (and I'm sure eventually ABC), you'll see commercials with Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy and running back Dominic Rhodes saying together "We're going to Disneyland/Disney World!" And yes, it was filmed just minutes after the Colts won.

And, last year they did have the commercial (and they made a big deal out of it). During the superbowl (XL), they aired ads showing how the different players from both teams would say the phrase should they be asked the question. Disney projected the 20-year history on a Detroit skyscraper.

The actual line was said by Hines Ward "I'm Going to Disney World..... and I'm taking the Bus!"

Colts' coach Tony Dungy, Running Back Dominic Rhodes Star in Latest 'Going to Disney World' Commercial
“I’m Going to Disney World” Fact Sheet
(Ugh, this is rediculous, you can't post links to Disney WOrld's official press release site? just replace the __________ with "wdw news" (minus the space))

justducky78

I'm home, sick on the couch today - so I've been flipping back/forth between the good morning america show, today show, etc. I've seen a commercial twice (so far) this morning.

There were two african american players (sorry - I don't watch football so I have not idea who any of the players are!) saying "We're going to Disneyland"
when asked the question of what they're going to do now that they've won.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
CBS would likely have been more than willing to sell the advertising space to Disney. The problem that likely occurs is that CBS does not want to give ABC/Disney the credentials to get on the field to tape the promo, so Disney is not able to get the spot taped "live".

Then again, I could be totally wrong about this. :lookaroun :D

goofntink

Actually CBS has no control over allowing, or not allowing Disney access to the field. The deal for the "I'm Going to DisneyWorld" is with the NFL / Super Bowl. CBS paid for the right to air the Super Bowl on their network.

DisneyDellsDude

I'm home, sick on the couch today - so I've been flipping back/forth between the good morning america show, today show, etc. I've seen a commercial twice (so far) this morning.

There were two african american players (sorry - I don't watch football so I have not idea who any of the players are!) saying "We're going to Disneyland"
when asked the question of what they're going to do now that they've won.

I'm sick too and I just saw the commercial on ESPNHD a few minutes ago. It must be this extremely cold weather.:(

imagineer99

This year, they did

And, last year they did have the commercial (and they made a big deal out of it). During the superbowl (XL), they aired ads showing how the different players from both teams would say the phrase should they be asked the question. Disney projected the 20-year history on a Detroit skyscraper.

Yeah, but didn't ABC air the superbowl last year? If so, that would make sense.

Mansion Butler

You are correct they didn't do it last year and they didn't do it this year. I am assuming they don't do this advertising anymore. But I am pretty sure that some of the Colt players will still be going to Disney after winning because I believe (even last year) that they still had a parade for the winners.

Yes, they did do it last year. Hines Ward said "I'm going to Disney World! And I'm taking the Bus!"

This year it was Domanic Rhodes and Tony Dungy.

And I can't believe how many people are sitting here saying matter-of-fact "they're not doing it" when it was just on the most recent commercial break on the ESPN. Why do people just make things up?

bhg469

Yes, they did do it last year. Hines Ward said "I'm going to Disney World! And I'm taking the Bus!"

This year it was Domanic Rhodes and Tony Dungy.

And I can't believe how many people are sitting here saying matter-of-fact "they're not doing it" when it was just on the most recent commercial break on the ESPN. Why do people just make things up?

Its the internet! On here anyone can be an expert. I always thought it was the MVP though.

Mansion Butler

Its the internet! On here anyone can be an expert. I always thought it was the MVP though.

It's USUALLY the MVP. Not always. And often they'll take the star quarterback over the MVP, or a great story. That's why this is so weird. Manning's the star quarterback AND the MVP. They probably approached him and he turned them down.

As early as the second time they did the promotion, the quarterback (Joe Montana) did the commercial instead of the MVP (Jerry Rice). Trent Dilfer did it instead of the controversial Ray Lewis, too.

justducky78

Its - 27 here in minnesota and im still at work! suck it up

Yeah, well I have a fever and can't function. I hate when people go to work sick. That's how I got this way. My husband got it at work and then gave it to me. I was sick last year (the entire time) at WDW and although it was still fun, I was pretty out of it. I REFUSE to be sick again this trip!

That said - I wouldn't want to be in MN right now. :D

netenyahoo

If you lived in MN you would know how to deal with the cold. :) No big deal. Just let the car warm up longer.

I think it is weird that they didn't use Manning. I wonder if because of all his contracts for products, etc. he is not able to. Anyway, Tony Dungy is a great guy, so it is nice he is in the commercials.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom