I'M A LITTLE DISSAPOINTED

Weather_Lady

I'm always happy to get it and I'm always disappointed after I watch it.
I think we just need to realize - that dvd is for the Disney newb.
Not for obsessed people like us that think and talk about the d*mn place every freakin' day ;)

Totally agree!!! If I had my druthers, the thing would be about 20 hours long. It would cover every single attraction in every single park in detail, and discuss its history and the movies and characters that were its inspiration. It would have clickable menus and descriptions for every restaurant on property, as well as interactive maps. It would have walk-throughs of every configuration of resort room in every category. AND it would have a special, "We're going to Disney World!" track that parents could play, by way of announcing an upcoming trip to their kids.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Totally agree!!! If I had my druthers, the thing would be about 20 hours long. It would cover every single attraction in every single park in detail, and discuss its history and the movies and characters that were its inspiration. It would have clickable menus and descriptions for every restaurant on property, as well as interactive maps. It would have walk-throughs of every configuration of resort room in every category. AND it would have a special, "We're going to Disney World!" track that parents could play, by way of announcing an upcoming trip to their kids.
Only 20 hours? More like 40 would be better!!!!

Pooh'sBuddy

Seriously, it could be done! We got something in the mail for our June trip with a code to log onto a Disney website and I could click on certain video clips that interested me which created my own whole video. Disney then e-mailed me the link to that video to watch.

How hard would it be for them to do the same for the massess. Tailor it to the specific information that each person wants, i.e. an indepth video report of X and Y resort instead of the glossed over overview of the resort levels or attractions for families with pre-school aged kids or fine dining adults or alcoholically advanced people like those who shall remain nameless ;) . Each person could order his or her specific video that arrives two weeks later.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have avoided disappointment by not ordering one for a few years. In truth, I have been so often that those videos are a bit of a waste of time for us.
Keep saying I'm going to do that but have to keep the collection going! Maybe next year we will get lucky!!!!!!!!!

Skippy's Pal

Just got my 2013 also. I normally only watch the WDW segments as that's where we usually go. However, we're headed to Disneyland in 2014, and so for the first time watched the DL segments, and actually liked what I saw. For contrast, then watched the WDW tracks -- and share others' disappointed reactions. Some year, they really need to re-do these, instead of the "patchwork quilt" the WDW segments have become, seemingly drawing from different prior years' filming. And if they want to drive on-property stays, they surely do need to spend more time on the individual resorts.

satchamo

But remember, the more your email appears in the Disney systems, the better chance of you getting the mysterious "pin code"!! So its worth ordering the cd when your time restraint is up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom