...illuminations...

SarahBella82

hey, all!

in a couple of weeks, i will have the pleasure of enjoying epcot (my fave park, of course!). my bf and i are planning to watch illuminations, and while i know the ideal way to catch the entire show (with the best view) is to stake out a spot in advance, i really don't want to spend my evening sitting on a bench.

can anyone offer suggestions for a decent place to see *most* of the show without camping out for hours?

thanks!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Take a back stage tour, when we did we got to watch from a roped off area near Italy. But it is a bit drastic. However it is the only way I know that dosent inolve staking claim to a bit of ground, espcially at in the summer months.

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

A couple years ago we tried this spot:
DisneyPhotoImage32.jpg

It is at the Japan area. It didn't look too good at first, but when we stood on the concrete benches, we could see very well over the shrubs. Alot of people were hurrying by to get a good spot, but this was pretty good for a last minute place. There was also a speaker right there (behind my head) to listen to the music (drown out our singing along,:lol:).

And if you're hungry--- Peking Duck! :lol:

Upvote 0

GoofyforWDW

Can you not just see from anywhere in world showcase?

I too cannot bear to sit around for an hour or so waiting so I will just carry on as normal then head over to showcase about 10 mins before, was just assuming I could see from anywhere in the area!

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
DisneyPhotoImage32.jpg

It is at the Japan area. It didn't look too good at first, but when we stood on the concrete benches, we could see very well over the shrubs. Alot of people were hurrying by to get a good spot, but this was pretty good for a last minute place. There was also a speaker right there (behind my head) to listen to the music (drown out our singing along,:lol:).

Does that not limit your view of the area around the lagoon?

Upvote 0

Kelsybelle

DisneyPhotoImage32.jpg

I love your picture! For a minute I could remember (almost feel) what it was like to be there! I needed that! Thanks! :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneySam

I prefer Canada, and my "if all else fails" stop is right across from where Off Kilter plays next to the big rocks there's a spot for about 2 people to stand without tree obstruction. I have stood there twice, its a great view.

Upvote 0

mickeymouse090

I have read in some of my research that 2 of the best places to see the show is at the Cantina in Mexico and the Internationl Bridge by United Kingdom. Unfortuately I can't confirm how long you would have to stake these spots out because I haven't been back yet to try them out. These suggestions were also made saying if you want to be closer to the exit chose the Cantina at Mexico, but it you didn't have to be out of there ASAP then the International Bridge would be a good spot. These are just things I have read, but I would have to guess the Cantina would be one that you have to stake out early because it is right on the water. :shrug:

Upvote 0

maryszhi

hey, all!

in a couple of weeks, i will have the pleasure of enjoying epcot (my fave park, of course!). my bf and i are planning to watch illuminations, and while i know the ideal way to catch the entire show (with the best view) is to stake out a spot in advance, i really don't want to spend my evening sitting on a bench.

can anyone offer suggestions for a decent place to see *most* of the show without camping out for hours?

thanks!
try getting a reservation at the rose and crown for about ten minutes before the show starts. request a lagoon view when you make the reservations.
but if you dont want to do that, get to the lagoon , and try to get near where the gondola is for italy. thats were we stand when we are not at rose and crown, or not near rose and crown

Upvote 0

Rob562

try getting a reservation at the rose and crown for about ten minutes before the show starts. request a lagoon view when you make the reservations.

They no longer allow people to request or wait for an outside table at the Rose & Crown. Too many people were doing it, and it was totally throwing off their reservations and Guest flow. You must take the table you are given. So getting an outside table is strictly the luck of the draw. But at showtime there is a standing-room area where inside diners can go outside to watch the show.

In general, there are many places where you can see the show from all around the Lagoon. The three key points to keep in mind when selecting a location:
1) Make sure you are not down-wind. (This is the #1 rule for enjoying the show)
2) Make sure you can see the middle of the lagoon. There are a few stretches, especially in the China/Refrechment Outpost area where trees along the shore or an island block your view.
3) Make sure that you can see the sky *above* the lagoon. There is one notable stretch between World Showcase Plaza and Canada that has a great view of the center of the lagoon, but trees block most of your aerial view.

-Rob

-Rob

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

They no longer allow people to request or wait for an outside table at the Rose & Crown. Too many people were doing it, and it was totally throwing off their reservations and Guest flow. You must take the table you are given. So getting an outside table is strictly the luck of the draw. But at showtime there is a standing-room area where inside diners can go outside to watch the show.

In general, there are many places where you can see the show from all around the Lagoon. The three key points to keep in mind when selecting a location:
1) Make sure you are not down-wind. (This is the #1 rule for enjoying the show)
2) Make sure you can see the middle of the lagoon. There are a few stretches, especially in the China/Refrechment Outpost area where trees along the shore or an island block your view.
3) Make sure that you can see the sky *above* the lagoon. There is one notable stretch between World Showcase Plaza and Canada that has a great view of the center of the lagoon, but trees block most of your aerial view.

-Rob

-Rob
That is always the most important point. We forgot to check one time, and it was literally breath-taking.:lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom