...illuminations...

SarahBella82

hey, all!

in a couple of weeks, i will have the pleasure of enjoying epcot (my fave park, of course!). my bf and i are planning to watch illuminations, and while i know the ideal way to catch the entire show (with the best view) is to stake out a spot in advance, i really don't want to spend my evening sitting on a bench.

can anyone offer suggestions for a decent place to see *most* of the show without camping out for hours?

thanks!

KingStefan

...In general, there are many places where you can see the show from all around the Lagoon. The three key points to keep in mind when selecting a location:
1) Make sure you are not down-wind. (This is the #1 rule for enjoying the show)
2) Make sure you can see the middle of the lagoon. There are a few stretches, especially in the China/Refrechment Outpost area where trees along the shore or an island block your view.
3) Make sure that you can see the sky *above* the lagoon. There is one notable stretch between World Showcase Plaza and Canada that has a great view of the center of the lagoon, but trees block most of your aerial view.

-Rob

Good advice.

I can usually find a place between McDonalds/rest rooms and the bridge to FW, but watch out for the trees - make sure you can see the sky. Also, between Mexico and the FW bridge. My experience has been that on days that are not too crowded, you don't have to stake out a place very far in advance. In fact, that is how I discovered both these areas - by waiting until the last minute and then walking around trying to find somewhere that was not too crowded.

Also, it's a short walk to Canada or Mexico (respectively) for a beer:lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom