Illuminations & Wishes Viewing Locations

Decoy

Original Poster
Going to be going down to WDW for New Years with my family. During past trips we have never watched Illuminations or Wishes. Would like to try this year. Are there better locations for viewing these "shows"? Any feedback would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

LongballMG

for Illuminations.... Torch 7.... right by Germany. Best spot ever!!!!!

for Wishes.... halfway up Main St. Go too far up, and the lights don't go out.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Reflections of Earth (in terms of the show) is best viewed from the World showcase plaza, as this is where the show was designed and timed from when it was originally setup. It is also very close to the action, particularly the inferno barge. There are also lots of other good spots. Check to make sure you have a clear view, check the wind direction, or use http://www.wdwmagic.com/weather_wslagoon_wind.htm.

Wishes needs to be viewed from straight on, so anywhere along Main Street USA, but idealy between Caseys and the Walt and Mickey Partners statue.

Have fun! :) Two amazing shows!

PhotoDave219

..... What Steve Said.

If you plan on photographing from those spots, any standard zoom lens that goes from 18mm on up will do fine. (Those are the current "kit" lenses that canon and nikon ship with their stuff)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Wishes needs to be viewed from straight on, so anywhere along Main Street USA, but idealy between Caseys and the Walt and Mickey Partners statue.

Agreed... I have seen Wishes many times... and you need to be in the hub area (around where Steve states) to get the best view possible.

Princess_Gina

for Illuminations.... Torch 7.... right by Germany. Best spot ever!!!!!

for Wishes.... halfway up Main St. Go too far up, and the lights don't go out.

I second that. While the kids wait you can sneek in and get some nice hot apple strudel or maybe a beer.... :dazzle: :slurp:

That brings me to another question... I'll post in a new thread..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom