Illuminations Preshow Music!!

Justin Jones

Original Poster
My favorite place in the world at dusk/night is the world showcase. In my opinion, it is second to none when it comes to atmosphere. There’s something so beautiful about looking across the lagoon and watching the torches dance in the summer breeze as people linger in and out of restaurants and shops. For me, though, it’s the beautiful world music that completes the magic.

With that in mind, I went on a quest this morning to locate some of the track names. After a short search on google, I found a website that lists all of the track names and artists!!!

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/illuminations_preshow.htm

Of all the tracks listed, the following can be purchased on itunes:

“Jalan Kopo” by Sabah Habas Mustapha & The Jugala All-Stars
*“Falling Through a Cloud” by Uttara-Kuru
*“BUSINDRE REEL” by Hevia (All-TIME FAVORITE)
*“Gaviotes” by Hevia
*“Our Life” by Uttara-Kuru
“Red Skies” by Omar Faruk Tekbilek

(I put stars by my favorites)

Well, I hope someone finds this post useful. This music transports me to Epcot better than anything else (especially “Busindre Reel”). I hope it does the same for you guys.
:):):):):):)

LunarParkGirl

I used to work in world showcase, at the turkey leg/beer carts in front of the AmGard Theatre and I ADORE all of that music :) Especially since, when Jim Cummings voice came on saying "we gather here, tonight, around the fire..."--that was my cue to close up shop and clean up while watching RoE! What a job :D

BRER STITCH

Thanks for posting them JUSTIN JONES!

I am sure somebody has posted them in the past, but now that I have my own IPOD, I can finally take advantage of the list!

:sohappy:

EPCOT.nut

I used to work in world showcase, at the turkey leg/beer carts in front of the AmGard Theatre and I ADORE all of that music :) Especially since, when Jim Cummings voice came on saying "we gather here, tonight, around the fire..."--that was my cue to close up shop and clean up while watching RoE! What a job :D

Yeah. I will always call EPCOT my favorite park, and it is completely because of the atmosphere. I feel serene and reflective at night in WS, and the "gather here around the fire" comment takes me right back there.

LAPVLB

Awesome list! I'm about to buy them now... haha

But you wouldn't happen to know if the Busindre Reel song used before RoE is the regular or Radio Edit version on iTunes, would you? I'll probably just buy both... :lol:

Justin Jones

Original Poster
Awesome list! I'm about to buy them now... haha

But you wouldn't happen to know if the Busindre Reel song used before RoE is the regular or Radio Edit version on iTunes, would you? I'll probably just buy both... :lol:

I'm not quite sure. I bought the original, and it's great.

I actually just listened to Busindre Reel by david ferrero (also on itunes), and I think it's better than the original. The beat is a little stronger in this version.

SirNim

I wax nostalgic a bit more for the previous version of the Illuminations preshow loop, featuring songs laden with panpipes and accordions...

This more recent loop is more akin to:
illumizn2.jpg

(graphic credit: a certain grizzly personage who no longer posts 'round here)

I bought songs from the older version of the pre-show which was much better in my opinion. Does anyone remember from the old pre-show when the lady would say "In just 10 minutes...." there was a song playing in between there and I really love, does anyone know what it was called? I can't find it on that list.

LAPVLB

I'm not quite sure. I bought the original, and it's great.

I actually just listened to Busindre Reel by david ferrero (also on itunes), and I think it's better than the original. The beat is a little stronger in this version.

iTunes just happened to freak out on me, so I don't have the chance to listen to the other versions, but I was able to buy the original.

It's good stuff, definitely :)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I wax nostalgic a bit more for the previous version of the Illuminations preshow loop, featuring songs laden with panpipes and accordions...

illumizn2.jpg

:ROFLOL:
lmao... I still call it "Club Epcot" when the loop starts. :lol:

I do like it though :D

MisterMelinda

I bought songs from the older version of the pre-show which was much better in my opinion. Does anyone remember from the old pre-show when the lady would say "In just 10 minutes...." there was a song playing in between there and I really love, does anyone know what it was called? I can't find it on that list.

I believe that it was Montezuma by Cusco.

PhotoDave219

Between "They were dancing barefoot" and "American morning", there's no comparison between the old preshow music and the new.

I'm assuming it would change again once the next rumored show comes in 2009.

Pioneer Hall

illumizn2.jpg

Talk about Old School...when I saw that I couldn't help but laugh. I remember the day it changed over and Grizz posted that.

Rob562

While the newer pre-show loop has grown on me over the years, the old '99-'04 loop was far superior...

(Of course, I just *had* to start playing it on my comp after reading this thread) ;)

-Rob

Epcotrob

I think you are missing one song from the list

Tula By Cusco

It should be in the # 4 slot if you were putting the songs in order.

cococola44

when did you work there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom