IllumiNations POE screamers

Father Robinson

Original Poster
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but why are the screamers still present in the POE tag, but have been eliminated for the actual ROE show? The screamers, as all fans know, added a level of excitement that 's simply lost without them. I know it's been said that they were eliminated due to environmental concerns, but does that mean it's ok to use them every night for only 2 months a year instead of 12? Are these environmentally friendly screamers?

Also speaking of the POE tag, to me it seems very lack luster since the 'upgrade'. IMO, a few things that I find inferior:

New narration - Zero emotional connection unlike the Cronkite version. (Arguement? Todays generation never knew Cronkite). Ok, I get that, but still subpar in audio presentation I believe.

Country naming - Sloppy, seems thrown in, like a bad editing job. Also seems unnecessary as the countries light when their respective dialogue is heard. Not everything needs to be spelled out, sometimes less is more.

New boom sound when first shells are thrown into lagoon - Loud, awkward, jarring... Happens during "And now, at this special time.."

Less fireworks - Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems like there's far fewer shells with this new version.

Fireworks launched during narration "During this glorious time of year.." These seem completely unnecessary and distracting. Seems like they're just firing them to fill dead space. IMO the lasers would've been a better choice to fill this subtle moment. Once again less is more.

And call me old fashioned, but I definitely preferred the previous choir to the children's choir of this new version.

Sage of Time

The only thing I miss about the old tag is Cronkite. The new lasers and new firework patterns are vastly superior to the old. And I REALLY like that first blast of waterline pyro in this year's tag.

WDW Monorail

It's so frustrating when people seem to claim that they loved the "Introduction of Nations" during the earlier IllumiNations series of shows and now are totally against the "Introduction of Nations" in the new PoE show.

I think the falling leaves during that segment are pretty damn cool.

The launch of the floating gerbs during the opening narration is dependent on the time delay fuses selected for that product. In the earlier years of the PoE tag, the floating gerbs were also launched at a point during the narration. The currently used gerbs are pretty cool and plentiful covering a large area of the lagoon.

I don't personally like Walter Cronkite so I'm glad he's gone.

Also worth mentioning is a considerable amount of salutes used in the new finale and floating mines!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The current tag is certainly thinned out an awful lot to say 6 or 7 years ago, but with the amount of other changes, as a whole the tag could be seen now as a new version based on the old as opposed to a variation of the old.

NeonNinja

Was just there a week ago now. Going back again on friday too see it again But anyway. I love the finale. Doesn't beat the 4th of july one but its close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom