Illuminations or Fireworks Cruise

scorp111

We did the Wishes Cruise in September 06 and LOVED it.

Our boat was out from the Contemporary, we spent about 30 minutes cruising Bay Lake and 7 Seas Lagoon, while our "Captain" told some interesting stories. We then pulled up in front of the MK to watch the show. The view was different, and it truly felt like they were putting on the show, just for the folks on the water.

We wouldnt do it every trip, but definitely great for special occasions.

We were supposed to do the Illuminations Cruise in Sept 05, but we got rained out.:(

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I've done the fireworks cruise and I felt that it was worth the money. We had snacks and drinks with us for the cruise and we really enjoyed being driven around the lake listening to the stories. The one thing that we didn't realize is how cold it got on the lake at night.

The Grand Gathering experience is a bit different than the one offered to the general public. For one you get Captain Hook anad Mr.Smee at the reception for pictures and autographs. And you have a Pirate called "Patch" who is a bit of a comedian who sings songs and tells stories while you cruise. Also when you arrive back at the dock Peter pan is there waiting for you.

Enjoy!

Pam

Upvote 0

MHSJAX

It has become one our favorite things. We have done the EPCOT cruise and several Wishes ones and every one has been worth it. Great show from a great location and NO crowd to fight when it is over.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
The prices vary depending on how many are in your party, if you want food or if you want decorations. They also do it for birthdays. CAll 407-939-7529 for the pricing and information.

Pam

Upvote 0

Tomcat47

Might want to check on the Illuminations Cruise. I had heard a rumor that the boat they use was damaged and there was no immediate plans to repair it. I heard this I think back in September or October.

Upvote 0

justducky78

Here is some pricing on the different cruises. I would still call, though, because things do change. Also - I believe Breathless is out of commission for awhile.

Specialty Fireworks Cruises

All Cruise reservations can be booked by calling
1-407-WDW-PLAY (except where otherwise noted)

MAGIC KINGDOM WISHES CRUISE BASIC PLAN -
21' Tracker Pontoon
-$225.00, tax included for up to 8 guests. Price includes pontoon boat, driver, water, soda and bagged snacks
-Guests may order Private Dining to be delivered to the cruise

MAGIC KINGDOM WISHES PREMIUM CRUISE
25' Tracker Pontoon
-$275.00 tax included for up to 10 guests. Price includes pontoon boat, driver, water, soda, bagged snacks and AUDIO FEED

MAGIC KINGDOM WISHES CELEBRATION CRUISE -
Same as Basic Plan plus decorations
-$250.00, tax included for the 21' Tracker Pontoon, up to 8 guests
-$300.00, tax included for the 25' Tracker Pontoon, up to 10 guests and includes audio feed

ILLUMINATIONS BASIC CRUISE -
-$250.00 tax included for up to 10 guests. Price includes pontoon boat, driver, water, soda and bagged snacks

ILLUMINATIONS CELEBRATION CRUISE -
Same as Illuminations Basic Cruise plus decorations.
-$275.00, tax included

“Breathless” Cruise – a 1930 mahogany reproduction Chris Craft run-about boat. Seven guest maximum, available at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort. This cruise can be booked during Illuminations for $250.00. You can also rent it throughout the day at the following rate:
$23.58+ tax - 10 Minutes
$80.18+ tax - 30 Minutes

VIP Cruise on Grand I Yacht – a 45-foot Sea Ray yacht staffed by a captain and deckhand, 13 guests maximum, available at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, $400.00 per hour,1 hour minimum booking required. Must call (407)-824-2439 to book.

Specialty cruise can be booked up to 90 days in advance and there is a 24 hour cancellation policy. Call: (407)-WDW-PLAY

Upvote 0

CatLady

Might want to check on the Illuminations Cruise. I had heard a rumor that the boat they use was damaged and there was no immediate plans to repair it. I heard this I think back in September or October.
They use a number of boats for the Illuminations cruise (5, I think). I know that they have had some pretty expensive problems with Breathless, the wooden runabout, and that may be what you heard about. Looks like it may be replaced by another wooden boat. I posted about the possible replacement a couple weeks ago.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom