IllumiNations New Preshow Music

Father Robinson

Original Poster
Did IllumiNations get a new preshow?
A friend who's in EPCOT right now just sent me a sound text at 8:55 pm. The male announcer is the same but Sylvania has been dropped from the spiel. Also they were playing a song from Cusco that was in the old loop that ended in 2003. Anyone know anything about this? Martin??

COProgressFan

Did IllumiNations get a new preshow?
A friend who's in EPCOT right now just sent me a sound text at 8:55 pm. The male announcer is the same but Sylvania has been dropped from the spiel. Also they were playing a song from Cusco that was in the old loop that ended in 2003. Anyone know anything about this? Martin??

This was discussed recently in another thread recently. There were a few reports of this change ... it looks like they went back to pre-2005 pre-show music for some reason. This has been going on for a few weeks.

Father Robinson

Original Poster
This was discussed recently in another thread recently. There were a few reports of this change ... it looks like they went back to pre-2005 pre-show music for some reason. This has been going on for a few weeks.
Sorry, I don't know how I misssed that. Man, I sure do hope this isn't a permanent change.

maxairmike

It used to say "presented by Sylvania, a Siemens company" and they've reduced it to just "presented by Siemens" when I watched it the other week. Likely just a result of Siemens adjusting accounting and such, moving multiple sponsorships in the same place to a central "spot" instead of having them in different spots across their company(ies).

HMF

Obviously, the new ROE entertainment manager agrees also.
Though, I think a completely new loop would be preferable considering they replaced a loop of world music circa 2004 with a loop from 1999 I am sure there have been appropriate new pieces that have been composed in the last 5 years or so. That being said, I don't know how these licensing agreements with the artists work exactly and being as notoriously cheap as TDO is, They probably don't want to fork over the money for permission to use newer music. While they are at it they should re-record "We Go On" and "Promise" to remove the Millennium References.

HMF

It used to say "presented by Sylvania, a Siemens company" and they've reduced it to just "presented by Siemens" when I watched it the other week. Likely just a result of Siemens adjusting accounting and such, moving multiple sponsorships in the same place to a central "spot" instead of having them in different spots across their company(ies).
According to Wikipedia Siemens sold Sylvania but Siemens keeps the sponsorship rights.

Father Robinson

Original Poster
I'm at Epcot now and it's the "new" loop. I admit I came over just to hear the older one, so I was sad to hear the "rave" start up. Oh well...
I don't care if I'm by myself on this one, with the exception of Cusco's 'Montezuma' and 'Flute Battle', I think the old loop is slow and boring. The newer loop definitly sounds more appropriate. I mean come on, John Williams?!!

Figment82

I don't care if I'm by myself on this one, with the exception of Cusco's 'Montezuma' and 'Flute Battle', I think the old loop is slow and boring. The newer loop definitly sounds more appropriate. I mean come on, John Williams?!!

No worries! You're totally entitled to your opinion. I don't personally care for the newer one - if demonstrated by my visit tonight to hopefully hear the older one! :) I don't hate the new one, just greatly prefer the old one.

With John Williams, you only heard that song if there was a significant delay in the show starting. You could say it was a song you didn't want to hear while waiting! ;)

Father Robinson

Original Poster
No worries! You're totally entitled to your opinion. I don't personally care for the newer one - if demonstrated by my visit tonight to hopefully hear the older one! :) I don't hate the new one, just greatly prefer the old one.

With John Williams, you only heard that song if there was a significant delay in the show starting. You could say it was a song you didn't want to hear while waiting! ;)
I love his rendition of Spirit of the West. HS plays it in their entrance loop, and I have and play it at home. But it only belongs in EPCOT during the Heartbeat of Freedom July 4th tag. In my opinion of course :)

Tom Morrow

IMO,the "new" loop is way more appropriate than the "old" loop. The more upbeat tracks are obviously from the early 90's or earlier. The rest has I guess what you would call more traditional world music, but the reason I think the newer playlist works better is because World Showcase plays traditional music all day. When the newer (and more upbeat and lively) playlist kicked in, it made WS "come alive", if you will, and made it notably different from the ordinary music.

Startup song:

These three tracks, IMO, are better than anything on the old loop.

hpyhnt 1000

IMO, previous loop is way better than the old, now current loop, which sounds very obviously like its from the early 90's (well, some of it). The rest has I guess what you would call more traditional world music, but the reason I think the newer playlist works better is because World Showcase plays traditional music all day. When the newer (and more upbeat and lively) playlist kicked in, it made WS "come alive", if you will, and made it notably different from the ordinary music.

This. They both are nice loops, but while the '99 loop is the better collection of pieces, the '04 loop does a much better job, I think, of livening the atmosphere of World Showcase in preparation for RoE.

Agree with you completely as well on Our Life and Busindre Reel being two great selections of music.

Jerm

I was there last night and it was the old loop still, I will be there tomorrow and check which loop it is again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom