Illuminations Globe

Dabeast

Original Poster
I read on another site that the Illuminations Globe will be going in for a "refurb" in early August...wondering if anyone has heard anything about this, and if so, have they set a date yet to start the refurb. We'll be in Disney on the 29th, and I'd like to make sure we see it before it goes in. My apologies if this is just another bad rumor:shrug:Thanks in advance:wave:

HMF

I hope it's true because there is a rumor floating around that they will replace IllumiNations next year. So hopefully that is mis-information and the globe will get a refurb and the show will remain the same.

hokielutz

I hope it's true because there is a rumor floating around that they will replace IllumiNations next year. So hopefully that is mis-information and the globe will get a refurb and the show will remain the same.

If they intend to replace Illuminations next year, then we should embrace the change, just like the upcoming changes at PI and DTD.

Because remember... Change just for the sake of change, is always the best change. :rolleyes:

goodolgm

I'm a mixed bag on the subject....while I LOVE LOVE LOVEEE the current version of RoE, if they can top it, I'm all for change.

If they keep the current version for a while, I'll be far from heartbroken. BUT, that being said, ROE needs a little love. Yeah, we all know about the Earth Globe. But I've been watching some older clips of the show, and the pyro seemed to be better-timed, and the finale in the air after the white rockets DID have more shells than the current version. Now, it seems like shells are going off on their own, and not so much to the music, particularly in 'Celebration'. Needs some work on the timing to bring it back to the original quality...

PhotoDave219

The show - while amazing - is 10 years old. While i love ROE and it's music, I'm ready for a new show. Ive seen it so many times that if you play 10 seconds of the show, i can tell you where in the show it is, what shells are being launched and what color they are.

Lets appreciate the old show and welcome a new show...

Disneykidder

OMG...please say it will be up and running by the time I go at the end of August?? Not having Spectromagic and Illuminations????:)

HMF

If they intend to replace Illuminations next year, then we should embrace the change, just like the upcoming changes at PI and DTD.

Because remember... Change just for the sake of change, is always the best change. :rolleyes:
Are you being sarcastic?

JEANYLASER

I really love the Illuminations Globe I hope to see it in September when it finished the refurb. I hope to wish to see the new illuminations show.

PKD

You know what we need more of at Epcot World Showcase?!?! More Restaurants and shopping experiences, there for we need to just remove the globe and entire lagoon.

Disneykidder

I just called Disney and they checked their calendar and Illuminations is running every night of my trip. (Aug 23-31) The agent said she does not see any refurbs there.:) Good news for us all!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I just called Disney and they checked their calendar and Illuminations is running every night of my trip. (Aug 23-31) The agent said she does not see any refurbs there.:) Good news for us all!!

IllumiNations is still going to run while the Earth barge is in refurbishment. However, depending on what they choose to do to cover the missing barge, the show may well be reduced in length.

WildLodgeFan

IllumiNations is still going to run while the Earth barge is in refurbishment. However, depending on what they choose to do to cover the missing barge, the show may well be reduced in length.

Hi Steve, have you heard anything about how long the refurb will be? Like everyone else, I'm curious if it will be in action for my trip toward the end of September.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hi Steve, have you heard anything about how long the refurb will be? Like everyone else, I'm curious if it will be in action for my trip toward the end of September.

It was previously set to be around 2 weeks, but the situation with this seems to be always changing. Mythbuster has some good info on this, so hopefully he might be bale to add some more info. :)

WildLodgeFan

It was previously set to be around 2 weeks, but the situation with this seems to be always changing. Mythbuster has some good info on this, so hopefully he might be bale to add some more info. :)

Thanks for all the great info! :sohappy: And steve, I know you need some love, so a big thanks for hosting the forum for all us crazy fans.

hpyhnt 1000

I'm a mixed bag on the subject....while I LOVE LOVE LOVEEE the current version of RoE, if they can top it, I'm all for change.

If they keep the current version for a while, I'll be far from heartbroken. BUT, that being said, ROE needs a little love. Yeah, we all know about the Earth Globe. But I've been watching some older clips of the show, and the pyro seemed to be better-timed, and the finale in the air after the white rockets DID have more shells than the current version. Now, it seems like shells are going off on their own, and not so much to the music, particularly in 'Celebration'. Needs some work on the timing to bring it back to the original quality...

Yeah, there are a couple things that need to be addressed with the show. As far as the pyro, that has changed and changed and changed over the years. Some effects have been forogtten and have ceased to work. Fireworks have changed over the years, the "home" section to the ending bursts to name a few. And the timing...its a toss-up. To be fair, I've seen some clips from 2000 and the pyro was off in certain sections as well. Why the timings change so much over the years, I don't know. :shrug:

hokielutz

You know what we need more of at Epcot World Showcase?!?! More Restaurants and shopping experiences, there for we need to just remove the globe and entire lagoon.

Exactly.... what is the quickest way between two points?? A straight line... then one could walk straight up the middle of Epcot future world... and be at the American Adventure attraction in no time at all.... Think of all the walking Disney would be saving their guests? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom