IllumiNations Earth barge now under refurb

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's finally happened! The Earth Barge is now out of the show and in refurbishment.

Here is the low res YouTube video of tonight's show.

[youtube]j2e3oSI7wek[/youtube]

Hi Res and HD Video of the show minus the barge coming up on Sunday. :)

Rinx

Great news, thanks for sharing! This means ROE will probably be sticking around for some time now :sohappy::sohappy: Can't wait for the vid.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
how long will the barge will be in refurb?

3 to 4 weeks seems to be the general estimate. BUt this refurb has been on and off for over a year now, so I think its probably safer to say its back when its back! :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Finally! Thanks Steve. Looking forward to video. I wonder if the WDI peeps who watched the test show in February have made any changes.

I assume due to the Quicktime files on the globe we arn`t going HD (unless upscaled) - though having a `full` globe with all the LEDs working again will be great.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I can't wait to see!

Steve, how different was tonight's show?

Video should be up in a min. Just received it and getting it web ready now.

Show time is reduced to around 9 mins, and I think they have made a good job of covering the loss of the barge. There are extra fireworks, and the finale includes a blast of the inferno burn off.

In some ways, for those who arent interested in the story of the real show, they may well probably prefer this shorter version which is now 100% fireworks.

CMTinkerbell99

It's nice without the globe

We were at EPCOT tonight. We watched between American Gardens Theater and Japan and had a great view. The additional pyros are nice. If you had never seen IlluminNations before you might not know something was missing. Was tonight the 1st night without the globe? I might have a few good pictures on my camera. It may have been shorter but it was still nice and everything burst right on the right note. It is enjoyable.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I assume due to the Quicktime files on the globe we arn`t going HD (unless upscaled) - though having a `full` globe with all the LEDs working again will be great.

When the pixels are the size of postage stamps, I guess the actual resolution of the source file doesnt really matter!

Looking at the LEDs shown on the China opening ceremony, there is some seriously good technology out there in large format displays now. Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
As with all good news, there tends to be some bad news.

For some reason, not sure why, they have replaced the excellent voice over artist (Mary) who does the 30 min, 20, 15, 10 etc countdown to the show. They seem to be using the usual MK male voice artist for all but the 5 min to go announcement, which was Mary. The male voice sounds too MK, and not enough Epcot.

EPCOT Explorer

Video should be up in a min. Just received it and getting it web ready now.

Show time is reduced to around 9 mins, and I think they have made a good job of covering the loss of the barge. There are extra fireworks, and the finale includes a blast of the inferno burn off.

In some ways, for those who arent interested in the story of the real show, they may well probably prefer this shorter version which is now 100% fireworks.
WOOHOO!Can't wait to see!
We were at EPCOT tonight. We watched between American Gardens Theater and Japan and had a great view. The additional pyros are nice. If you had never seen IlluminNations before you might not know something was missing. Was tonight the 1st night without the globe? I might have a few good pictures on my camera. It may have been shorter but it was still nice and everything burst right on the right note. It is enjoyable.
Sounds good!Thanks.
When the pixels are the size of postage stamps, I guess the actual resolution of the source file doesnt really matter!

Looking at the LEDs shown on the China opening ceremony, there is some seriously good technology out there in large format displays now. Will be interesting to see what they come up with.
I saw that and thougth the same thing...I really hope ROE gets that innovation.This is EPCOT,right?:D:sohappy:
As with all good news, there tends to be some bad news.

For some reason, not sure why, they have replaced the excellent voice over artist (Mary) who does the 30 min, 20, 15, 10 etc countdown to the show. They seem to be using the usual MK male voice artist for all but the 5 min to go announcement, which was Mary. The male voice sounds too MK, and not enough Epcot.
Awww...I hope that is temporary.But this brings up a interesting question:Did J. Cummings do his usual "We are gathered here tonight..." intro?I remember that in Feb. it didn't play. Acceleration just started on it's own.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Awww...I hope that is temporary.But this brings up a interesting question:Did J. Cummings do his usual "We are gathered here tonight..." intro?I remember that in Feb. it didn't play. Acceleration just started on it's own.

Yes the usual intro narration remains. Its v2 (the one that has been playing for the last year or so).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom