News IllumiNations Dining Package coming to Epcot later this month

docdebbi

Those tables on the upper deck in line with the lower deck will have been vacated by that time to accommodate them.

If I understand what you are saying, they will be taking less general reservations at show time than before so these tables can be saved for the upcharge event in case of bad weather.

So what I originally feared is true. I used to be able to get a table at R&C and watch the show for just the price of my dinner, but now there will be less "free" tables available for those of us not willing to pay $85 for a 10 year old to eat a pub burger and soda. So again, an upcharge event IS taking away from me.

I'm just getting tired of losing things....

JusticeDisney

Please pardon my ignorance on this, but how is this new package going to work, exactly? What I mean is, do you eat inside and then only go out on the patio at 8pm for the show? Or is there seating out on the patio that you will get such that you will actually dine out there and then remain for the show itself?

Thanks in advance!

stuart

Please pardon my ignorance on this, but how is this new package going to work, exactly? What I mean is, do you eat inside and then only go out on the patio at 8pm for the show? Or is there seating out on the patio that you will get such that you will actually dine out there and then remain for the show itself?

Thanks in advance!

Those on this package dine at the tables on the lower deck (or upper if weather turns), with people to be sat by 8pm.

After a certain time they'll only have tables that can be booked by normal punters for inside, and possibly those outside that are at the side of the pub and have a restricted view of the lagoon.

JusticeDisney

Those on this package dine at the tables on the lower deck (or upper if weather turns), with people to be sat by 8pm.

After a certain time they'll only have tables that can be booked by normal punters for inside, and possibly those outside that are at the side of the pub and have a restricted view of the lagoon.
Thank you very much!

JusticeDisney

Sorry to bug you, but I had another question based on your response. I’m not familiar with the lower vs the upper decks. Could you explain to me a little more what those are about and what the differences are? And I guess I am also wondering what happens if you pay for this package and then it ends up raining? Is there some sort of contingency plan where you can still watch the show but not get totally soaked?

Thanks so much for your help!

stuart

Sorry to bug you, but I had another question based on your response. I’m not familiar with the lower vs the upper decks. Could you explain to me a little more what those are about and what the differences are? And I guess I am also wondering what happens if you pay for this package and then it ends up raining? Is there some sort of contingency plan where you can still watch the show but not get totally soaked?

Thanks so much for your help!

No problem at all.

This picture shows the lower deck where those on the plan will sit, and on the right you can just about see the upper deck. This area is covered and in the case of rain they pull down a see through, basically tarpaulin cover, to keep diners dry.

Attachments

• rose-and-crown-pub-and-dining-room-gallery09.jpg
    rose-and-crown-pub-and-dining-room-gallery09.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 132

JusticeDisney

No problem at all.

This picture shows the lower deck where those on the plan will sit, and on the right you can just about see the upper deck. This area is covered and in the case of rain they pull down a see through, basically tarpaulin cover, to keep diners dry.
Thank you so much! That was very helpful!

bunnyman

No problem at all.

:) In all my years going to Epcot I never even realized those seats were there. I've only ever eaten inside the restaurant, or outside behind the beer stand at the tables with some fish and chips.

stuart

:) In all my years going to Epcot I never even realized those seats were there. I've only ever eaten inside the restaurant, or outside behind the beer stand at the tables with some fish and chips.

Many moons ago I'm sure that used to be a path to walk around the pub. The seats outside behind the beer stand used to go right down to the lower deck fence, until, that is, the late 90s when it appeared in guide books as the best place to view Illuminations. They then removed them around then, possibly as late as 02, to have space to bring the diners from inside out to view them with it being full every night.

philcan

I have yet to be able to get an answer to whats up with the Frozen party in May 2019 NO dates? Since it is now just 2 of us going we can afford to splurge on a desert party. We were looking at the Frozen party as it gets us a seat (I can't sit on the ground comfortably) the deserts (saving a snacks for go home day) & saves a fast pass for Frozen. I have called Disney a few times & they don't know either. The web site says book 180 days in advance we are now well into the low 100 days. Any ideas?

Doug Fielder

I've been trying for an hour to get reservations but nothing is available for any night for the next 3 months. I'm thinking that maybe they haven't released the seats yet. Has anyone been able to book this?

TomDisney

I wonder how long before they go back to using the A-E tickets. You get one of each kind of ticket to use each day in the park. You want to have 2 E tickets....that's an upcharge.

Disorbust

So this was our spot to watch Illuminations and have dinner. The last time the food was SO terrible we all agreed never again. Yes the view is great but if the wether is "iffy" it can be miserable. Plus, depending on which way the wind is blowing you may be paying big bucks to watch alot of gray smoke. No way would I spend they money on this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom